[Q] RUU for HTC ONE MINI O2 UK?

Search This thread

dearmaria21

Jun 1, 2014
I rooted my phone a few months back but i want to completely restore it back to its factory settings so it's not rooted anymore...but someone told me i need ruu file but i can only find the file for the normal htc one

any help appreciated thank you

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
I rooted my phone a few months back but i want to completely restore it back to its factory settings so it's not rooted anymore...but someone told me i need ruu file but i can only find the file for the normal htc one

any help appreciated thank you

there is only a RUU for AT&T, no other.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
So is there anything i can do to reset to to stock?

Thanks to HTC not really. You can install a stock rom from the dev section and remove super user. And then install the modded hboot from dev section to hide the boot loader tags. But your never going to be truely stock again....

dearmaria21

Jun 1, 2014
Meh! Htc suck

Thanks to HTC not really. You can install a stock rom from the dev section and remove super user. And then install the modded hboot from dev section to hide the boot loader tags. But your never going to be truely stock again....

Thanks for the help, do people buy rooted HTC phones? How much do they go for generally? :angel:

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Thanks for the help, do people buy rooted HTC phones? How much do they go for generally? :angel:

I will be selling mine once I get back from HTC. Unrooted and in mint condition your looking at top price £200. But once your boot loader is unlocked i'd guess around £150 maybe a notch more, because whatever warranty you had is now void. And because your now unable to receive official updates. HTC here in the U.K are quite strict with their warranty from my experience. It's still worth trying for more money as you can always drop the price later if unsuccessful.

tofuboi01

Oct 29, 2010
United Kingdom
I will be selling mine once I get back from HTC. Unrooted and in mint condition your looking at top price £200. But once your boot loader is unlocked i'd guess around £150 maybe a notch more, because whatever warranty you had is now void. And because your now unable to receive official updates. HTC here in the U.K are quite strict with their warranty from my experience. It's still worth trying for more money as you can always drop the price later if unsuccessful.

From this..installing a stock ROM would still be locked out of receiving the HTC updates? I have an O2 Mini.

elmuziko

Nov 28, 2013
I too would like to know how to get back to RUU in the UK.
I've an unbranded phone bought out right and getting fed up of not being able to use banking apps.
I've used RootCloak and it's working for Halifax (although at present Halifax is just mobile web rather than an app) but not for Barclay's and Lloyd's.

Anyway, Googling how to unroot phone I found a link to this:
http://mobilefileserver.com/download.aspx?get=244322
If anyone is willing to pay for it, looks like we might be able to get an RUU.

Then there's a couple of Persian sites when I Google'd the ROM:
Google Results
I've translated it and tried to join up but it couldn't get past the sign in screen, lord knows why.

So there we are, possible options to return to RUU. If anyone knows how to get around the banking problem i'll stick with root.

Last edited: