[KK] XTREME SOUND MOD [clear audio stereo+] & ( volume boost speakers-headphones )

Search This thread

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
I made a new ver.
maybe could works with bluetooth

Thank you hasalblack for your new and updated version of the xtreme sound mod.

I've tested it for several days now and it is an improvement over the previous one.

The sound does not distort/crackle and ringtones, messages, media, loud speaker and phone calls definitely seem louder.

Thank you so much for your effort.

I have just one question. What's new/improved in this version?

jehdesai

Apr 23, 2011
Thank you hasalblack for your new and updated version of the xtreme sound mod.

I've tested it for several days now and it is an improvement over the previous one.

The sound does not distort/crackle and ringtones, messages, media, loud speaker and phone calls definitely seem louder.

Thank you so much for your effort.

I have just one question. What's new/improved in this version?

which version are you using ?I installed the updated file from the OP , volumes are loud,but on speaker calls are very distorted i.e if i lower the vol cant hear the caller,if I make it louder ,callers voice cracks and callers surrounding sound is very loud.

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
which version are you using ?I installed the updated file from the OP , volumes are loud,but on speaker calls are very distorted i.e if i lower the vol cant hear the caller,if I make it louder ,callers voice cracks and callers surrounding sound is very loud.

I'm using the latest v2.0 version. The original version did make my calls distorted and crackle but the new one was ok.

romzL

Jan 20, 2011
download not available anymore? any mirror or other links guys? thanks.

EDIT: found the link. i thought it was on OP.

Last edited:

romzL

Jan 20, 2011
Also tried it. didn't notice any difference on the loudness especially the speakers.

adrienned

Sep 29, 2010
So I installed this on my Z Ultra Gpe and I no longer have sound. Nothing will play on my device, not even Youtube. I tried to restore my original file and that didnt help. I did a factory reset and still no sound. Any suggestions?

adrienned

Sep 29, 2010
Just a heads up: this completely messed up my device. I had a GPe and it was impossible to recover it without unlocking the bootloader and I didn't want to risk the warranty so I just returned it. I would say skip this and install Xposed and use a sound booster there: its much safer and there's more support!

Thanks so much. I must admit I was a bit skeptical at first:eek: but then after reboot, wow, I was totally blown away by the volume coming out of my Z Ultra. Before, even at max plus increased preamp, sounds felt just lame but now at max it's deafening (I used your modified file)
Good job!

huertae1985

Feb 27, 2013
Veracruz
Really????

For those of you that flashed this Mod on GPe Really? is it so hard to read OP´s Indications?

And then you go stating not to flash it cause it messes up the device when there is clearly your fault!

karamatsch

Nov 24, 2014
More?

Hi, ich put all the important values to 123 (instead of 93 said maximum) and also the HPHL and HPHR to more than 20 but my Xperia M2 is still not loud enough. It just got a little louder but still not half as loud as my old Phone.

Any suggestions?

I also noticed the Files mixer_paths_VY52.xml, mixer_paths_VY55.xml and mixer_paths_VY58.xml
Can there be changes made in theses Files too?

Last edited:

KINGMANI

Aug 1, 2010
Austria
Thanks for the Tut ^^
I was so unhappy about the headset volume even on max almost nothing now i can go deaf lel

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
Any chance to get this on lollipop port ?

2r2ojrc.gif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [KK] XTREME SOUND MOD [clear audio stereo+] & ( volume boost speakers-headphones )

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE MADE TO YOUR DEVICE OR HEARING

WARNING!!!!! the sound is too loud!!!

sony-xperia-logo_zps95e82823.jpg

walkman_zpse372f3e0.png

NWZZ1060B4CEWEXTRA3.jpg

for better quality use ViPER4Android
    newpostthemepicbg_zpse1fc4a75.jpg

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Doesn't works on:
    -Xperia Z ultra GPE

this mod release the true audio power on your device, speakers and headphone

requeriments:
    -root
    -root explorer
    -bakup

mixer_paths.xml
    Unpack zip file and just move the file to System/etc with the next permissions:

Screenshot_2014-04-01-23-11-27_zps56ad34fc.png

reboot and ready!

you can experiment yourself!!!!

Method
    -Use any root explorer and go to
    system/ etc/ mixer_paths.xml

-search for <path name="speaker"> then edit <ctl name=RX7 Digital Volume" value = "83" />
    change 83 to 89 or any digit below 93 (just to be on the safer side)

-tha same way for headseat
    -search:

<path name="headphones">

<ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="82" /> (max 93)
    <!--66 % of 124 (rounded) register: 0x2BF-->
    <ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="82" /> (max 93)

and this:
    <path name="speaker-and-headphones">
    <path name="speaker" />
    <path name="headphones" />
    <ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="64" /> (max 93)
    <ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="64" /> (max 93)
    </path>

you can try with another parameters who include the next names but is your responsability!!!
    <ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="??" />
    <ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="??" />
    <ctl name="RX3 Digital Volume" value="??" /> )
    <ctl name="RX4 Digital Volume" value="??" />
    <ctl name="RX5 Digital Volume" value="??" />
    <ctl name="RX6 Digital Volume" value="??" /> )
    <ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="??" /> )

special thanks to:
    olokos and Pannam​
    this mod release the true audio power in your device, speakers and headphone

How is this any different than http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2478666? Not trying to sound like a ****, but without any indication of what this does, you just sound like a salesman. I'd be willing to try just about anything regarding making the sound on the ZU better, but I want to know what I'm doing to my phone. Starting off with a huge bolded "I'm not responsible" line and than not following it up with any description isn't a good recipe for public acceptance.

Based on the number of replies in this thread (none), I'm sure that's what others are thinking too. /rant
    Will this work on 4.3? Does anyone know?

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes, it will work with ANY version including 4.3. All you require is root access and a root explorer to extract the file to. :laugh:
    v2.0

I made a new ver.
    maybe could works with bluetooth
    Hi guys, first and foremost this does work on lollipop.

Tested on 5 different rooms including stock, so put that silliness to rest.

If you move this file and get no sound it's because you overwritten the original. Make a backup of the original, delete it from system/etc and put the modified one in.

******THIS WORKS ON LOLLIPOP ?
    The boost in volume works but not Stereo mode, at least not in Stock Sony Lollipop.