[Kernel] 3.2-oc,uv,explosions. razzle dazzle.. pretty much everything (12-07-2011)

Search This thread

julian071

Nov 3, 2010
Been trying the hignmv-kernel on ARHD 1.2.1, runs like a charm! Scored 7146 on AnTuTu =D. Been using it for a couple of hours, nothing strange yet. Thx Blades!!

MISFITZ

May 31, 2011
Thanks..I am going to test this on Revolver 3.2...Lets see how this features...Thanks

MISFITZ

May 31, 2011
Best Kernel so far...on TF101...Snappy with Revolver 3.2...
Does this kernel have support for Voodoo?...Please let me know

Thanks
Misfitz

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Absolutely loving this kernel on Revolver 3.2! VERY fast! Since it defaults to OC speed, you really don't even need SetCPU or anything if you don't want it.

I find that this kernel hits all CPU frequencies between 1000 and the max, whereas Cemsyn's kernel hits 1000 and then goes right to the max speed (skips all freqs inbetween).

Great work.

EDIT: Ha! My Antutu benchmark score went from 4506 (stock kernel) to 6185 (ths kernel)! Just by installing the kernel - no SetCPU, no tuning, no nothing...

Amazing....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blades

Aug 11, 2008
Thanks for the compliments.. Yeah, I don't like to use any android apps unless I have to - most always run in the background.. I just got emc working (well, booting - and not bootlooping) - I think I have to screw around with the timings a little before it actually boots into android.. I define booting as the audible click of the camera at start up.. that tells you the system at least got somewhere..

After something like 20 days of uptime I decided it was too stable.. So I 'advanced' the timings again and no crash.. I also decided that sdmmc is awful slow.. I have 2x RAID0 vertex 3s that just benchmarked at 1025 MB/sec read speeds.. yet this tablet ****s itself when trying to copy a file at 10MB/sec.. So yeah.. trying to boost the speeds of that.. Probably won't go too well..

sdmmc tweak just booted.. My objective is to have it report a max clock of 52000000(/1000/1000).. and its a no go.. here I was thinking it was pll_u.. at least thats at 52000000.. :eek:

sdmmc is pll_p divided 4.5 - soo uhh.. why.. must be something awful like emc has been.. all I'm asking for is 4 mhz dammit..

I'll post the 09-20-2011 (small increase in perf) soon.

Reactions: GetLaid and cky2000

devilpera64

Dec 7, 2008
Monfumo (NGI Service)
Thanks for the compliments.. Yeah, I don't like to use any android apps unless I have to - most always run in the background.. I just got emc working (well, booting - and not bootlooping) - I think I have to screw around with the timings a little before it actually boots into android.. I define booting as the audible click of the camera at start up.. that tells you the system at least got somewhere..

After something like 20 days of uptime I decided it was too stable.. So I 'advanced' the timings again and no crash.. I also decided that sdmmc is awful slow.. I have 2x RAID0 vertex 3s that just benchmarked at 1025 MB/sec read speeds.. yet this tablet ****s itself when trying to copy a file at 10MB/sec.. So yeah.. trying to boost the speeds of that.. Probably won't go too well..

sdmmc tweak just booted.. My objective is to have it report a max clock of 52000000(/1000/1000).. and its a no go.. here I was thinking it was pll_u.. at least thats at 52000000.. :eek:

sdmmc is pll_p divided 4.5 - soo uhh.. why.. must be something awful like emc has been.. all I'm asking for is 4 mhz dammit..

I'll post the 09-20-2011 (small increase in perf) soon.

Would be great! can you really boost hard drive performances? i think also that 2 ghz for core can hit stock kal-el power..! if tegra 3 is 5 time faster than tegra 2, also using tegra 2 OC up to 1.7ghz reduced this gap consistently. Try to think if our transformer can hit 2Ghz!!

Blades

Aug 11, 2008
2.0GHz.. not on any of these -
(embedded image de-embedded due to size)
http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/tableoftablets.jpeg

The regulator won't allow anything past 1.5 volts for vdd and vdd cpu must be 50mv less than vdd core... I can try 1.8 - if there is anyone that can't do that at max vcore then i can start bumping up the freq past that..

There may be some type of 'fix' to alter/remove this limitation.. but that would require some homework to say the least.. It probably won't work.. theres a usually a ceiling or a point of diminishing returns.. in other words. bumping up the vcore past 1.5V might not even return any gain in possible freq.. then theres heat..

I'd like to see what happens when I disable the second core (not in kernel, via sysfs).. and bump up the freq to a normally crashable level. It'll probably work..

The strange thing is that my TF101 needs more vcore than the G-Tab (~1.375V @ 1704) and the Xoom ~1400mv at 1.7GHz.

That is all

Reactions: GetLaid and sert00

devilpera64

Dec 7, 2008
Monfumo (NGI Service)
2.0GHz.. not on any of these -
(embedded image de-embedded due to size)
http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/tableoftablets.jpeg

The regulator won't allow anything past 1.5 volts for vdd and vdd cpu must be 50mv less than vdd core... I can try 1.8 - if there is anyone that can't do that at max vcore then i can start bumping up the freq past that..

There may be some type of 'fix' to alter/remove this limitation.. but that would require some homework to say the least.. It probably won't work.. theres a usually a ceiling or a point of diminishing returns.. in other words. bumping up the vcore past 1.5V might not even return any gain in possible freq.. then theres heat..

I'd like to see what happens when I disable the second core (not in kernel, via sysfs).. and bump up the freq to a normally crashable level. It'll probably work..

The strange thing is that my TF101 needs more vcore than the G-Tab (~1.375V @ 1704) and the Xoom ~1400mv at 1.7GHz.

That is all

So what will be your next goal? in any case have your kernel Voodoo ability enabled? because it is so usable during music listening :) however i thought also an improvement for hard disk read/write speed..do you think can be applied some hacks?

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
@Blades - thanks for the great kernel - I have noticed that while your kernel seems to use all of the CPU frequenices more than any other kernel, I still find that over time, most of the speeds between 1000 and 1540 are not being used as much as you would think. Is there any way to make it use those frequencies more instead of alwats jumping to 1540 right away?

Thanks again!

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Hmm, is anyone else having issues where their transformer will just freeze up with this kernel? It's happend to me enough, that I'm back on the stock kernel for now.... I'm thinking my TF just cant handle the default of 1540Mhz - it that a typical result of being too-overclocked?

When the TF freezed, I can still turn the screen off and on with the power button, but that's it.. I have to hold in the power button to reboot to get it back at that point....

Thanks!

Reactions: MISFITZ

ToyTank

Jul 13, 2010
Kalispell,MT
I get weird laggy lockscreen like that if I don't clear cache/dalvik when I switch kernels. This is running butter smooth for me.

@Blades I'm glad your personal life has allowed you to code more once again!

MISFITZ

May 31, 2011
Hmm, is anyone else having issues where their transformer will just freeze up with this kernel? It's happend to me enough, that I'm back on the stock kernel for now.... I'm thinking my TF just cant handle the default of 1540Mhz - it that a typical result of being too-overclocked?

When the TF freezed, I can still turn the screen off and on with the power button, but that's it.. I have to hold in the power button to reboot to get it back at that point....

Thanks!

I had the same issue...Had more FC and shut down and PreSchool Monkey..game my son loves...was FREEZING and had to hard press POWER to get it to boot..this happened 7 to 8 times and I had enough at that point and swapped to stock kernel and have no FC ever since and Pre-School Monkey keeps Jumping without freezing...

Thanks Guys..

Regards,
Misfitz

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Yeah, as cool as these overclocked kernels are,there always seems to be some trade-off of stability and battery life. In the end, I decided that the performance improvent doesn't outweigh the stability and longer battery life than a non-overclocked kernel provides....

Blades

Aug 11, 2008
http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-09-20-2011.zip

Hold up, I think I should be able to address both of your issues, all of them.

If not, it will tell me that I've gotten a bit edgy with the ram timings. But, this is not the case for me, as I've played plants vs zombies HD (ram hog, closes on anything with less than 1GB of ram) - I played this silly game during a 3.5 hour plane trip because I had empty seats next to me (so no one could see how much of a tool I looked like).

Anyways, I'll bump up the voltage for 1544mhz and set things up so it hits all freqs (as much as it can). This is called go_maxspeed_load. This will help with battery slightly, but until stability is good, battery takes a backseat (in terms of vcore)..

I'll try to do something about that today and I'll put in a script I use to change frequencies using terminal emulator - its like 2K at most and is really easy to use. For example, stock freqs would be set by typing:
chngfrq min

chngfrq high ---- Will set to 1.424ghz
chngfrq min full ---Will set the min and max to be 1.0ghz
chngfrq higher =1.544
chngfrq higherer = 1.592

Also displays battery, dock battery (if dock is connected), temperature, current core, current set freq (min/max), current freq..

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-09-20-2011.zip

Hold up, I think I should be able to address both of your issues, all of them.

If not, it will tell me that I've gotten a bit edgy with the ram timings. But, this is not the case for me, as I've played plants vs zombies HD (ram hog, closes on anything with less than 1GB of ram) - I played this silly game during a 3.5 hour plane trip because I had empty seats next to me (so no one could see how much of a tool I looked like).

Anyways, I'll bump up the voltage for 1544mhz and set things up so it hits all freqs (as much as it can). This is called go_maxspeed_load. This will help with battery slightly, but until stability is good, battery takes a backseat (in terms of vcore)..

I'll try to do something about that today and I'll put in a script I use to change frequencies using terminal emulator - its like 2K at most and is really easy to use. For example, stock freqs would be set by typing:
chngfrq min

chngfrq high ---- Will set to 1.424ghz
chngfrq min full ---Will set the min and max to be 1.0ghz
chngfrq higher =1.544
chngfrq higherer = 1.592

Also displays battery, dock battery (if dock is connected), temperature, current core, current set freq (min/max), current freq..

Wow - thanks for the quick reply! So, shall we try the kernel in your previous post and report our findings? Or are we waiting for a new version to test?

Thanks again!

Blades

Aug 11, 2008
There will be a new version. This 09-20 version has quicker memory timings.. if its 'crashier' for you, then that could be evidence that its not the cpu freq but the memory timings causing instability - I doubt it tho. Probably need more voltage at 1544.

Reactions: GetLaid

devilpera64

Dec 7, 2008
Monfumo (NGI Service)
There will be a new version. This 09-20 version has quicker memory timings.. if its 'crashier' for you, then that could be evidence that its not the cpu freq but the memory timings causing instability - I doubt it tho. Probably need more voltage at 1544.

I'm using it without issue using Revolver 3.5 :) it's very very fast! can you include also NTFS support and the last changes made by Clemsyn? :) in this case would be the best kernel for TF! in 3D bench i can reach 6-7 Fps plus than Clemsyn 22a overclocked to same speed! :)

devilpera64

Dec 7, 2008
Monfumo (NGI Service)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok. 12-06-2011 kernel should work now.. both renditions.. seems like the addition of bfs knocked the kernel's proverbial **** in the dirt.. so no bfs yet.

I'm having a hard time keeping track of the names people are calling this kernel.. so in light of various others naming their kernels.. i shall call this one.. hmmm. i suck at naming things.. the first thing that popped into my head was...

Razzle Dazzle <--kidding. just an example of why I stick to appending dates on the filenames.. (and i will do the same for my children)
    http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-CryBaby-12-07-2011-nomVchanges.zip <---This boots at 1232mhz, and insults your manhood.

and for those menly men that like their tf101 fast all the time. 1592mhz boot clock..

http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-CptAwesome-12-07-2011-nomVchanges.zip <---

These two have very high vcore... it is meant for people who would like to adjust their voltage themselves. If you have trouble with the normal kernels, and suspect the undervolting is causing the issues... try this.. but remember to undervolt.. really...
    http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-CptAwesome-12-07-2011-flamable.zip
    http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-CryBaby-12-07-2011-flamable.zip

previous:
    http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-11-26-2011.zip

Newer stuff is in bold... just in case you can't read dates.
    Testing out memory timings that may bite you.. If anyone can help cut through the bull**** that is MC/EMC clocks... just chime in here.. Originally I increased (slowed down) the timings and bumped up the clock by 33mhz.. and got fail. So... advancing the timings it is.. They are pretty pitiful stock.. What really pisses me off is the missing 33mhz (and thus 66mhz from emc).. we could use that... Well.. lets see if waking up the wimpy timings helps.

edit:1680mhz. The updater-script still says the max is 1656mhz for this zip.. but the max is 1680.. i promise
    http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-08-20-2011-1680.zip

Same as above, but a slightly advance of the memory timings. Am I even using the correct word, I seem to be in car tuning mode.. Tighter memory timings, I guess? My plan is to push it until its crashy. This is not crashy: http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-08-24-2011.zip

edit: throttle_temp is at 56... voltage bumped up for freqs above 1224.. So this could get a little toasty
    http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-08-21-2011-highmv.zip

Edit: Now on github. http://www.github.com/ibladesi

Also because some people asked..
    OhYouLikeTheKernel?
    ok.. so my big goof up was not clearing cache.. ? hrm? coincidence? irony? deus ex machina? who cares. I'm tired.

heres a 1ghz boot clock thats a sure thing..

http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-ICS-meh.zip

I'm pretty sure if I repack the 1.544ghz boot clock and change a few ramdiskian things.. that would work too. but i am le tired..

I hate ics.. Why switch yes and no.. WHY.
    Now that we have the source, I think I'm finally gonna give a shot at making a kernel. I set everything up a few months back, but then abandoned it since I got too busy with work...
    Things are starting to quiet down again, so perhaps now is a good time to pull out the linux machine again and try to compile a kernel? Wish me luck!
    Init.d

First thanks Blades for your work.
    I use Revolver, which performs some configurations at boot using init.d scripts and I have some more added.
    As Blades package don't include this service and cost me very little to add, I modified minimally the package with the latest kernel of Blades, to start the service.
    http://home.comcast.net/~ibladesi/TF101-10-01-2011-highmv.zip

This doesn't have chngfrq script in it.. will soon (probably).. My first post of this actually gave me a bootloop.. which seemed like a bad flash, because I couldn't even boot into recovery.. and because I changed nothing - recompiled and here I am.. typing this.. goblins, underpants gnomes, bad flash, whatever.. it was ****ing annoying.. because my volume down key is severely dysfunctional.

so this is for those that asked.. This has higher voltages and will hit all frequencies.. I think some may have asked for voodoo sound, not at this time.. I have bluetooth headphones and I'm not looking to introduce any variables/wild cards into this mix just yet.. My advice? Q-tips.. Huge increase in sound quality from those sticks of cotton awesome. Beware of user error, not for eyes.