[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

saj1jr

May 30, 2011
As for everyone else complaining about battery life, THIS IS AN ALPHA BUILD. They've said time and time again that it's an issue. Either try reflashing, a different modem, a bigger battery, deal with it, or flash to something else and wait for an official release.

BTW, if you use Wifi a lot, it's actually worse than 3G on this ROM apparently. I'm getting anywhere from 12-16hrs on one charge with low/moderate use. Also, let your battery cycle through a few times before complaining about battery life.

I hope this helps someone

Last edited:

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
Uhm every go visit the general section. This thread is for cm9 alphas. Not shabby nightly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
Dude, I've noticed you mentioning terrible battery life on this rom. It seems like you've already exhausted numerous means to fix it such as clean wipes and things of that nature. I would definitely try the HYPERION extended battery on Amazon. I get through a whole work day (9 hours) using the phone pretty much however I want. I know there are some people on here that say that their stock battery last 20 hours, yeah, maybe with their screens on the dimmest setting, no sync, no phone calls, no text...no anything.

I'm telling you man...try this battery. You will get used to the bulk and you will be able to get through a solid work days use w/o having to worry about the phone dying. It's pretty cheap so its worth the shot.

I'm using the Hyperion E4GT 1800mah battery in my Epic 4G. No Juice Defender with a few things syncing and logged into Google Talk I easily get 20-25 hours. It seems to be a great battery for the price. My battery is now 7 months old and still seems good.

riddle777

Apr 9, 2012
I know I shouldn't but I had to :rolleyes:. Trexel extended from amazon. Everything turned up full bore.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340174395084.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340174395084.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 346
  • uploadfromtaptalk1340174409161.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340174409161.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 317

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California

EmperorX

Jan 6, 2010
Seattle
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Or I'll sell out mine with the matching tpu case for 18 bucks shipped. brand new.

Sent from my awesomely EPIC Phone

I dunno... Using someone else's used battery seems kind of like using someone else's broken in condom..

That is a great deal though... Hmm decisions decisions..

I was thinking about getting this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006SK5HHW/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us?ie=UTF8

Anyways. Let's take this to pms!

Reactions: atharchian

Scar107

Apr 30, 2012
Fort Collins
www.talkandroid.com
Can I just flash the nightly over a5, and still keep all my apps and settings. Or does it reset everything? Not a big deal just wandering. Also should I clear the cache and everything like that or can I just flash.

Sent from onboard the Destiny, a couple billion light years from your annoying as*!
~Dr. Nicholas Rush~

chrlswltrs

Aug 24, 2010
Seattle
Can I just flash the nightly over a5, and still keep all my apps and settings. Or does it reset everything? Not a big deal just wandering. Also should I clear the cache and everything like that or can I just flash.

Sent from onboard the Destiny, a couple billion light years from your annoying as*!
~Dr. Nicholas Rush~

I just flashed over a5, no data reset so all my apps and settings were still there. I personally always clear cache and dalvik any time I flash.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Has anyone had any success flashing beats audio?

I did it yesterday and it does noticeably improve the sound. The problem is it broke streaming audio over bluetooth, which I use a lot. I restored my nandroid, but I would really like to know if anyone has had success with the beats audio mod without breaking bluetooth?

Reactions: Scar107

thac23

Jun 10, 2011
I really don't like that there are 3 separate threads that I should check to find an answer before posting and rudely being told that I should have checked the other thread. I can't be alone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts