[Q] No sound or wifi after installing custom ROMs and returning to stock.

Search This thread

benh84

Dec 1, 2009
Hi and thanks for looking at this post,

I have searched the forums and haven't found a thing that works for my phone. I rooted and backed up my current version this morning (4.2.2 stock) using CWM. I then proceded to install Wanamlite 1.5 for the S4 GT-I19505, which installed but had serious issues with sound, everything would crash when the volume controls were pressed or headphones inserted. I therefore switched ROM to Android revolution HD 1.0. I installed what I thought was the relevant wifi fix, but no joy.
At this point, I restored to stock 4.2.2 hoping it would solve the issue, but it hasn't, my cwm backup also has the issue after attempting to restore.
Anyone got any suggestions of how I can fix this? I thought the stock restore would have done this, but obviously not.

I am running android 4.2.2 on a stock rom (XXUAMDD_I9505EVRAMDA_EVR).
GT - I9505

If you need to know anything else, let me know. Thanks.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
- Go to CWM
- Make a full wipe (data, system and cache)
- Restore ur old stock backup
- I think this will solve ur problems :highfive:

benh84

Dec 1, 2009
- Go to CWM
- Make a full wipe (data, system and cache)
- Restore ur old stock backup
- I think this will solve ur problems :highfive:

Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately it hasn't worked :(

I'm assuming it's a kernel issue, but surely that would have been replaced after installing back to stock? Is there anywhere we can download the individual required kernels maybe?

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately it hasn't worked :(

I'm assuming it's a kernel issue, but surely that would have been replaced after installing back to stock? Is there anywhere we can download the individual required kernels maybe?

hey bro , since your on 4.2.2 would you mind to flash this via odin by selecting PHONE/CP? download it and extract http://d-h.st/f99 Make sure to turn off your phone manually then go to download mode and flash.

benh84

Dec 1, 2009
hey bro , since your on 4.2.2 would you mind to flash this via odin by selecting PHONE/CP? download it and extract Make sure to turn off your phone manually then go to download mode and flash.

Thanks for the help, was a different file from the one I tried earlier, but still no joy with this one either.
There doesn't appear to be a wifi-fix from the list of those files for my version. I'm going to try it, combined with a complete stock reinstall now, to see if there is any change.

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Thanks for the help, was a different file from the one I tried earlier, but still no joy with this one either.
There doesn't appear to be a wifi-fix from the list of those files for my version. I'm going to try it, combined with a complete stock reinstall now, to see if there is any change.

as you can see if you flash a wrong LTE modems will break your sound . maybe thats why you loose your sound at all :) , would you mind booting into download mode and tell what does it says on top left of your screen :) thank you.

Last edited:

benh84

Dec 1, 2009
as you can see if you flash a wrong LTE modems will break your sound . maybe thats why you loose your sound at all :) , would you mind booting into download mode and tell what that does it says on top left of your screen :) thank you.

I guess that is what has happened. I've found the right modem fix now, so currently applying with odin as well as a full stock restore.

Top of the download screen says;

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9505
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung offical
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: enabled
eMMC BURST MODE: enabled

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
I guess that is what has happened. I've found the right modem fix now, so currently applying with odin as well as a full stock restore.

Top of the download screen says;

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9505
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung offical
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: enabled
eMMC BURST MODE: enabled

there you go :p newbootloader = need to flash a new Wifi fix/Non-Hlost such as mkf,mj's mke , have a nice day.

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib

benh84

Dec 1, 2009
Download and extract and flash the file GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUMFK.tar Turn off your phone manually and flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/zriv6i5c01lqns6/GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUMFK.rar file with odin by selecting phone. if your problem still persist , go to recovery and wipe cache and factory reset.

Thanks for the link, Got the phone stuck loading up now. So going to try and revert to the backup and then use odin to flash the file. I'll let you know the outcome.

benh84

Dec 1, 2009
Thanks for the link, Got the phone stuck loading up now. So going to try and revert to the backup and then use odin to flash the file. I'll let you know the outcome.
Right, well I had sound again but no wifi after installing (I9505XXUEMK9_WiFi_FIX), but after flashing (GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUMFK.tar) and wiping all data/cache too, I now have neither again lol getting frustrating now.

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Right, well I had sound again but no wifi after installing (I9505XXUEMK9_WiFi_FIX), but after flashing (GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUMFK.tar) and wiping all data/cache too, I now have neither again lol getting frustrating now.

I really dont understand why are you trying to revert into your back up? when you can just flash a 4.3 stock rom in order to fix all this problem? then root it after ? just so you know that your warranty is already void sir. so go ahead and make a back up and flash a 4.3 stock rom from samsung website. thank you.

Reactions: benh84

benh84

Dec 1, 2009
I really dont understand why are you trying to revert into your back up? when you can just flash a 4.3 stock rom in order to fix all this problem? then root it after ? just so you know that your warranty is already void sir. so go ahead and make a back up and flash a 4.3 stock rom from samsung website. thank you.

Thanks, I'll do that. I was trying to steer clear of 4.3, because of issues I had keeping root access on it, but if that's what will solve these problems then that's fine for me. As for the warranty, I don't mind too much :) Thanks for all the help again.

Robotic4

Oct 3, 2011

Did you manage to fix your sound and wifi? Im having the exact same issues. No matter what I flash I cant get sound! Grr!!

illikkalshahid

Mar 17, 2013
CALICUT
Did you manage to fix your sound and wifi? Im having the exact same issues. No matter what I flash I cant get sound! Grr!!

i have no sound in calls, music, notifications and no camera video recording too.. i had flashed google edition 4.4.2 by jamal, but now on stock 4.3 MJ5
strange thing is if I wipe cache and reboot, i get sound in calls and notifications, but if i try to play music ,all sound is gone again...:(

FelixCited

Dec 9, 2011
Perth, Australia
i have no sound in calls, music, notifications and no camera video recording too.. i had flashed google edition 4.4.2 by jamal, but now on stock 4.3 MJ5
strange thing is if I wipe cache and reboot, i get sound in calls and notifications, but if i try to play music ,all sound is gone again...:(

H O W DO WE FIX THIS FRIGGEN ISSUE!?!?

Everyone is having this same damn problem, I've had it for about a month, flashed all sorts of roms, wifi fixes, different modems etc
and its not working, I matched my ap cp csc so they are all the same:
Last night it was reading:
AP: I9505XXUFNB8
CP: I9505XXUFNB8
CSC:I9505XXUFNB8
= NO SOUND

Its all the same now except
CP: I9505XXUFNA5

Please help, or even better - if someone has the knowledge to let me know what is actually wrong here and I can then research and fix it myself.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnks..

99TheDude99

Apr 26, 2010
same problem here!!! Absolutely no sound on my Galaxy S4.. But I noticed that I have sound only if there is not flashed modem after installing clean rom (Phoenix).. So there must be problem with modem.. But any modem that I tried to flash doesn't trigger the sound, the latest, the oldest... really dont know.... :///////

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.