[Q] how to change notification panel style...

Search This thread

Md.Shafikul.islam

Jul 10, 2014
Narayanganj,Dhaka
Hi Everyone...
Recently i had took a simple project...trying to mod a rom and give it a new look...i did all things what i know... like Systemui,Farmwork_res,Settings, etc,etc...but now i want to change the notification panel of my rom...and want to add lawa v5 notification panel style on my rom...But i didn't find any tutorial about this...I asked one bro and he said that to change notification panel you have to edit System ui/res/values/style.xml...But he didn't tell me that what i change in this xml...Can anybody help me in changing notification panel style?!!or give me a proper tutorial please....:(

Last edited:

SmiLeToLife

Jul 21, 2012
Eskişehir
Nobody helps me... :'(

hey, i dont know how to do that. but i can recommend that ( actually i am doing in that way)

1. find any systemui.apk that has the style what you want.
2. decompile it and go to res/values/style.xml
3. match your style.xml and your downloanded style.xml
4. try to simulate your xml to that xml .

hope this helps.

Reactions: Md.Shafikul.islam

Md.Shafikul.islam

Jul 10, 2014
Narayanganj,Dhaka
thanks bro...

hey, i dont know how to do that. but i can recommend that ( actually i am doing in that way)

hope this helps.

i will try it...but can i change my styles with another style?mean replaced it?!!or add all things from another style to my style?!!by notepad?!!:)

SmiLeToLife

Jul 21, 2012
Eskişehir
i will try it...but can i change my styles with another style?mean replaced it?!!or add all things from another style to my style?!!by notepad?!!:)

don't try to change whole lines !!!

for example :

in your style.xml -- > <style name="BackgroundOnlyTheme" parent= @ANDROID:style/Theme.Holo.

in dowloanded style.xml --> <style name="BackgroundOnlyTheme" parent= @ANDROID:style/Theme.Holo.Light">

so you have to edit your line and add '' Light '' end of it. it will look like @ANDROID:style/Theme.Holo.Light

The important thing is you have to figure out what lines are related to your notification panel!!!

I am doing the same thing right now. I have couple cm11 themes and i am changing my sytles, colors, dimens according to theme's styles, colors.xml etc ..

I am using notepad++.

Just open the 2 xmls that you wanan check. Put them side by side and check the lines.

if something going wrong when your systemui get function ... you have to come back to your xml and check the line again.

The last say --> maybe you will need to change some drawble xmls and some drawble hdpi/ xhdpi/ xxhdpi files according to your dpi .

Last edited:

Md.Shafikul.islam

Jul 10, 2014
Narayanganj,Dhaka
thanks again :)

for example :

in your style.xml -- > <style name="BackgroundOnlyTheme" parent= @ANDROID:style/Theme.Holo.

in dowloanded style.xml --> <style name="BackgroundOnlyTheme" parent= @ANDROID:style/Theme.Holo.Light">

so you have to edit your line and add '' Light '' end of it. it will look like @ANDROID:style/Theme.Holo.Light

The important thing is you have to figure out what lines are related to your notification panel!!!

I am doing the same thing right now. I have couple cm11 themes and i am changing my sytles, colors, dimens according to theme's styles, colors.xml etc ..

I am using notepad++.

Just open the 2 xmls that you wanan check. Put them side by side and check the lines.

if something going wrong when your systemui get function ... you have to come back to your xml and check the line again.

The last say --> maybe you will need to change some drawble xmls and some drawble hdpi/ xhdpi/ xxhdpi files according to your dpi .

thanks again..but can you say that whichs xml on drawable may need to edit?plz.....

SmiLeToLife

Jul 21, 2012
Eskişehir
thanks again..but can you say that whichs xml on drawable may need to edit?plz.....

it depends on the rom ...

i had to edit

- ic_notify_button_bg.xml
- notification_header_bg.xml
- qs_tile_background.xml
- system_bar_notification_header_bg.xml

in drawble. I am running kitkat 4.4

maybe you need to edit those xmsl as well, maybe you dont need, maybe you dont have those xmls. not sure :)

Md.Shafikul.islam

Jul 10, 2014
Narayanganj,Dhaka
Okey...got it....

it depends on the rom ...

i had to edit

- ic_notify_button_bg.xml
- notification_header_bg.xml
- qs_tile_background.xml
- system_bar_notification_header_bg.xml

in drawble. I am running kitkat 4.4

maybe you need to edit those xmsl as well, maybe you dont need, maybe you dont have those xmls. not sure :)

:good: last question. do i change the another's xml in values too?!!like color.xml....etc.etc?!!

SmiLeToLife

Jul 21, 2012
Eskişehir
:good: last question. do i change the another's xml in values too?!!like color.xml....etc.etc?!!

maybe ... it depends on the theme's color and style. For instance: you will set your notifaction panel is white and if ur text color is white then you will not be able to read/see your notification :D you gotta see what's hapening after editing styles ... if it's ok then no problem. if it is as my mention then you gotta edit your colors.xml ...

i hope you got the concept of the work.

you can search any tutorial for editing notification panel. All necessary steps can be found. according to those tutorials you can edit your systemui.

For instance:

In the tutorial will say let's edit this line according to that .... you have to find this line at the xml in your lewa systemui and edit according to it ;)

good luck ;) happy theming ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nobody helps me... :'(

hope this helps.

for example :

I am using notepad++.

maybe ... it depends on the theme's color and style. For instance: you will set your notifaction panel is white and if ur text color is white then you will not be able to read/see your notification :D you gotta see what's hapening after editing styles ... if it's ok then no problem. if it is as my mention then you gotta edit your colors.xml ...

i hope you got the concept of the work.

you can search any tutorial for editing notification panel. All necessary steps can be found. according to those tutorials you can edit your systemui.

For instance:

In the tutorial will say let's edit this line according to that .... you have to find this line at the xml in your lewa systemui and edit according to it ;)

good luck ;) happy theming ...