Search This thread

ghm007

Jul 23, 2012
1) G3 Model
2) Carrier
3) Car Make & Model
4) Year of your Car
5) Stock Head Unit? (Stock or No ) [if Stock, ignore 6]
6) If 5 is No, what brand is your Head Unit?
7) Built in Aux Port? (Y or N) [if Y, ignore 8]
8) If 7 is N, what are you using?
9) Does it work with your G3? (Y or N)
10) When plugged into the phone, what icon does your phone show? (Headset or Aux Cable)
11) Have you resolved the issue? (Y or N) [If Y, please provide solution]

1) T-Mobile LG-D851

2) T-Mobile

3) Toyota YARIS Sedan

4) 2008

5) Stock

6) N/A

7) Yes

8) N/A

9) Sometimes, but more towards no than yes - needs lots of plugging/unplugging

10) Aux cable

11) Yes - used a ground loop noise isolator, G3 has detected car aux output without fail since.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

abrcrmdl23

Dec 5, 2010
ohio
So I kinda bashed this thread earlier as I didn't see the problem. Now I recant. I tried to use the aux cable on my parents Bose wave radio and it would not pick up the aux cable at all. My wife's G2 worked mine but mine wouldn't even recognize that our was plugged in.

jmerchant

Aug 24, 2010
I have this problem, my sgs3 headphones work every time I plug them in, no problems and it shows the headset icon. I have a cheap stereo in my car with aux in and getting that thing to work right is a challenge...sometimes takes a few plugs to get it to recognize, sometimes shows the headset icon...It's all random for me.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Btw, in case people are still wondering what the difference is between when the phone detects a connection as an Aux cable or Headset (notified by the icon, of course), what I've discovered is that the audio output when the phone thinks it's connected to a headset is significantly lower and possibly even lower quality compared to the Aux Cable connection. One day, without me noticing, the phone detects my aux connection as a headset, and I was wondering why my audio level was so low. When the phone is normally connected via Aux connection, my volume level would be around 27-32, and this would be significantly loud already. But when the phone accidentally detected it as headset, I had to crank my volume up to around 40-45, and the sound was not as crystal clear as it normally was. When I noticed it was on headset, I unplugged it and then replugged it, and when I resumed the music, I nearly blew my eardrums since it was way too loud.

I also noticed that now, whenever my gf or my friends plug in the phones (non G3) to my car, I have to crank the volume up since I have set it so low for the G3. I'm guessing there is really a benefit of the phone detecting connections as two separate types since now my audio is so much better than it used to be.

And now, just as an update to the ground loop isolator fix, after about a month of so of using it, I realize that THE solution is still not perfect. There are times when the phone still won't detect the cable plugged in, and it involves me having to unplug it and then replug it again, although doing this once normally fixes the issue immediately. There are also some cases where after plugging in the aux cable and I don't play any audio after a minute or so, the phone seems to drop the connection and I'll end up playing something out of the built in speakers. Replugging the aux cable fixes the issue immediately. These cases do happen but at a very rare rate so it doesn't really bother me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) G3 Model
    2) Carrier
    3) Car Make & Model
    4) Year of your Car
    10) When plugged into the phone, what icon does your phone show? (Headset or Aux Cable)
    11) Have you resolved the issue? (Y or N) [If Y, please provide solution]

855-T-Mobile-Ford focus-2012-stock-built in-N-will get both icons randomly-using soundabout as a work around
    Hello All,

1) G3 Model
    2) Carrier
    3) Car Make & Model
    4) Year of your Car
    11) Have you resolved the issue? (Y or N) [If Y, please pro)

I'm deployed right now and don't have my vehicle at home to test ('13 Charger) but there are several here I can try it with. Currently:

T-Mobile
    Dodge Dakota
    2006-2009? Not sure, but the last ones they made.
    Stock head unit
    Built in aux (so all Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep of this model year area using these head units w/o touchscreens should work)
    Works with G3
    Aux icon

Edit: had music paused and the device acted as though it were unplugged. When I plugged it back in, it's showing as headphones now. Seems like whenever the audio stops, I have to replug and mess with it so it works.

Sent from my LG G3
    Hi Evilteo, just to be sure, was your G3 working with your car without the isolator or not? If you haven't tried it, would you mind testing your connection without the isolator so we can be sure that it works/does not work without the isolator please? Thanks for your input regardless!

It works without it but I get the static noise when the song is playing and it is due to the car not being grounded correctly for the aux port for this specific vehicle so the isolator fixes it or the dealership will have to do the TSB, but it works none the less without the isolator loop.