Search This thread

Vinchenzop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
What about a different approach? Someone just suggested changing egl files one by one. Then, Martin believes that there is an apk (or a few) that may be causing the lack of stability.... can you guys cook a Rom with the bare minimum (as close to aosp as humanly possible) to get it booting and add the apks one by one? This should easily rule out the culprit(s)...

Just a thought. This is what I used to do when a Rom in my blue angel wouldn't boot...

As I said, I'm not at home, but even if I was, I don't really know enough about the "behind the scene" workings of the phone (which apks depend on which libs, etc). But when I get home (about 2 hours from now), I'll see what I can cook up

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

parham1234

Aug 17, 2010
As I said, I'm not at home, but even if I was, I don't really know enough about the "behind the scene" workings of the phone (which apks depend on which libs, etc). But when I get home (about 2 hours from now), I'll see what I can cook up

Same here ima get home at the same time and swap them egl and maybe try to help you cook up something if u need help.

Vinchenzop

Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
Same here ima get home at the same time and swap them egl and maybe try to help you cook up something if u need help.

You've probably got more experience at all this than me lol, but we'll see what we can get going/need tested when that time comes.

And again...has anyone heard from virus/know if he's doing any work on this, and if so, what sort of progress he has made. I know he's busy with life, work, and his own projects, but someone had said he was going to look into it a bit, and I haven't seen anything since then

TMartin

Jun 30, 2008
Sunbury, Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
Thanks guys...You can just make a bunch copies of my patch and just delete all but one lib file. Then rename the zip to the lib file and throw them all on your sd. Flash v0.1 then each patch file individually.

parham1234

Aug 17, 2010
You've probably got more experience at all this than me lol, but we'll see what we can get going/need tested when that time comes.

And again...has anyone heard from virus/know if he's doing any work on this, and if so, what sort of progress he has made. I know he's busy with life, work, and his own projects, but someone had said he was going to look into it a bit, and I haven't seen anything since then

Ur being generous I don't really have much experience but I know some stuff. Lol

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Vinchenzop said:

It must exist, somewhere, a list with all the core, must-be-there-or-else-it-won't-boot apks for Android (chef central, maybe)...

At over 500 MB, HTC put everything but the kitchen sink in this Rom... we should be able to strip it down to its jimmies and work our way up.... jm2cw

Vinchenzop

Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
I had stripped a copy down to like 220ish (imagine a mechanic from an old movie just throwing random parts out from under the hood off a car), but it was before the kitchen had been updated and that rom would not try to load, it'd just throw me back to fastboot.

I thought I had screwed up by pulling something out that was needed and I deleted that "working folder" to start from scratch

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Ubuntu is Loading up now. Hopefully will have a new base soon.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

parham1234

Aug 17, 2010
Looks like by the time I get home lots of stuff will already be done. Lol.

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
Took a break for a couple days, working on my own gingersense rom based off the new evo leak. Can anyone catch me up to where we are? I dont really feel like reading the last 50 pages, im lazy. What still needs fixing? (Other then rosie and lockscreen, out of my league seeing as I already spent hours on that and nothing)

parham1234

Aug 17, 2010
Took a break for a couple days, working on my own gingersense rom based off the new evo leak. Can anyone catch me up to where we are? I dont really feel like reading the last 50 pages, im lazy. What still needs fixing? (Other then rosie and lockscreen, out of my league seeing as I already spent hours on that and nothing)

We need to see what egls are preventing the rom to boot. So we're swapping them out one by one.

xHausx

Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
What about a different approach? Someone just suggested changing egl files one by one. Then, Martin believes that there is an apk (or a few) that may be causing the lack of stability.... can you guys cook a Rom with the bare minimum (as close to aosp as humanly possible) to get it booting and add the apks one by one? This should easily rule out the culprit(s)...

Just a thought. This is what I used to do when a Rom in my blue angel wouldn't boot...

I haven't had a chance to look at it the past few days but the files that were causing it before were the lobmode10(or something like that) libraries. Specifically the FX one.

The new stock gb Rom has two of them but is missing the other ones that are showing up in the stack dumps.

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Ive almost had rosie boot all the way, trying out a different approach now to see if it will load up. Flashing it now.

Vinchenzop

Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
We need to see what egls are preventing the rom to boot. So we're swapping them out one by one.

To clarify a bit on this...tmartin was testing out a few things and after changing the files in the egl folder, the rom wouldn't boot past the splash...so we were trying to implement the egl files that martin wanted to try, by adding them one at a time to the rom that was booting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Leoisright's latest

Change log va10.6

Sorry been having issues like usual.

LeO_Sense3.0_va10.6.zip

*HW Acceleration (Thanks Chubbz)
    *Rosie (still 2.1)
    *Front and Rear Cams and Video working (Chubbz, thanks for stopping the flicker)
    *Lockscreen (Still no apps linked)
    *Unlocked hotspot
    *4-way boot to recovery
    *Stock Keyboard

Use Virus superwipe found here http://klept0.com/hosted/VR_SUPERWIPE.zip

For those who want to move data to sd card, download terminal emulator from market and follow the commands below. Should free up 100+mb

su
    a2sd datasd

It will reboot but that is normal.

LeO_Sense3.0_va10.5

Complete change log:

Working:

*Data
    *Wifi
    *Bluetooth
    *GPS
    *Sound
    *Mic
    *USB
    *Lockscreen (no apps linked yet)
    *Lights
    *front and rear cams
    *Video camera
    *Stock keyboard

Not working:

*GSensor

*Weather app is almost working but due to video issues it can't be resolved yet. Work in Progress
    *VM (FC when changing number from *86)
    *mms for now

*This release has been zip aligned to speed things up.

Leoisright's latest build:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

****A huge thanks go out to Virus and TMartin. They have been patient and helped me understand so much in porting a sense 3.0. Chubbz, again, you're the man for fixing the hw accelerator. CapyChimp for all you and your team did for resizing the 3d widgets to fit our phone.

Of course... The donators. THANKS so much for donating. It really means a lot to me you took the time to say thanks and kick over a few $$. It all makes a difference. I've redbulled it many nights on this port....

[DEV ONLY][ROM'S]HTC Pyramid/Sensation HTC Sense 3.0 Port

[ZIP] HTC Pyramid/Sensation Leak Link
    http://911sniper.blog.163.com/blog/static/142900881201131424811433/

Sensation Wallpapers extracted:
    Sensation Wallpapers ZIP

Notifications, Ringtones, Alarms, UI Sounds extracted:
    Don't know if any ringtone or notification is new, but here it is...
    Audio.zip

Video: HTC Sensation
    I told you guys to stop... Please no more posting about:

* ETA
    * Donations intent/confirmations (believe me that the dev will know if you donated to him). PM the dev if you must tell them that you donated.
    * Thanks posts (there is a "Thanks" button for that)
    * Posts about how excited you are to see this... (we all are... trust me :))

I don't want to see this thread growing into a gazillion post thread. Let the devs work in peace. This will be my last post on the matter, so if you see your posts just vanish into thin air, it was likely not related to development.
    I just put something together. I'm about to flash it as we speak. Crossing my fingers for a booter!! :p

EDIT: BTW...this isn't a RUU. This is a zip of all the dumped partitions.