[LG] How to Developer Unlock, Relock and keep your device Unlocked (Works in Mango!)

Search This thread

Ruwin

Jun 14, 2010
Sibiu
Hi all,
I'm wp7 noob coming from wm6.5, used to mess around with hspl and custom rom, but inexperienced totally about developer unlock etc.
I've got some question about devunlock:

1. Is it possible to unlock latest mango update also? (.8107 I suppose)
2. Does the unlock change anything in the relationship between my phone and Zune or the Market place?
3. Is it completely reversible?
4. Is it possible to follow the first part of the unlock procedure, sideload an homebrew .xap and istall it on the phone and then let it later re-lock without losing the app's installation?
5. How risky is this procedure? anyone who bricked his phone in this way? is ti possible to recover it once bricked?

thank you for your answers and your time! :)

My dear friend, all the answers to your questions lie before you.
One does not simply post questions answered several times before; one should only read the forum (!) to find his path.

:) Cheers!

Dec 13, 2008
Brescia
My dear friend, all the answers to your questions lie before you.
One does not simply post questions answered several times before; one should only read the forum (!) to find his path.

:) Cheers!

thank you for your answer Ruwin, I red the entire thread before posting, and I'm reading it again right now and I've found, better I've been able to guess, the answer for my question 2 and 3 and not reading anyone who complain about a bricked phone, maybe even my question 5 is implicitly replied.
However I still haven't found anyone reporting successful unlock of build .8107 or writing about the ability of deploy xap and then relock.

°Dexter°

Jul 24, 2008
Tried, it still reports same problem.
If do it without Zune, error is :
Zune software is not launched. Retry after making sure that Zune software is launched.
If try it with launched Zune, error is different:
Failed to connect to the device. Ensure that the device is completely booted and is connected to the PC.

I'm still there...has anyone found a solution for us "can't deploy/unlock anymore" guys??

Ruwin

Jun 14, 2010
Sibiu
thank you for your answer Ruwin, I red the entire thread before posting, and I'm reading it again right now and I've found, better I've been able to guess, the answer for my question 2 and 3 and not reading anyone who complain about a bricked phone, maybe even my question 5 is implicitly replied.
However I still haven't found anyone reporting successful unlock of build .8107 or writing about the ability of deploy xap and then relock.

I cannot answer your 8107 question as i have not updated yet. But i am sure that you can test yourself the second problem. Just unlock your phone using the MFG services (like described in the first post), install a xap file and re-lock. I am pretty sure that the locking and unlocking has nothing to do with the already installed xaps, so if no error there, the applications should work with no problem.

But my intrigue starts here: why re-locking your phone?

Dec 13, 2008
Brescia
I finally decided to try but even if unlock status is "1" I can't deploy with xapdeployx 0.9 (even with firewall off) getting the usual error about phone not connected or booted. Zune's running and phone's synced. :(

MonirAbuHilal

Oct 2, 2007
Visual Studio Debugging Issue

Hello,

I've LG E900 which is Branded by "STARHUB SINGAPORE", I've unlocked the phone officially using "WP Developer Registration tool", after upgrading the Mango it got locked again so I've used the MFG Unlock method and it worked perfectly.

After a while I needed to have the option of "Internet Sharing" in my phone, Since it wasn't available in the settings, I Flashed the latest Netherlands Rom which is "DZ_LG-E900AT-00-V11d-NLD-XXX-SEP-23-2011+0", and everything went fine! Internet Sharing is working also the ability to add Hidden WiFi Networks.

Again the phone got locked after flashing the new Rom, So I followed the MFG Unlock Steps, and the phone got unlocked, BUT I'm facing the following problem every time I'm trying to Debug a WP7 App using Visual Studio:

Code:
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
The application could not be launched for debugging. Ensure that the target device screen is unlocked and that the application is installed.
OK   
The application usually get deployed to the phone, but visual studio couldn't Launch the UI Task, I've also tried different PCs, all of them gave the same error, Any Solution for this issue??

Thanks!

Pikkuhannu

Jul 30, 2008
Just get my phone, updated to .8107.

Developer unlocked, can´t deploy apps at all...:mad:

Windows Phone Device Manager says " Your phone must be connected via USB in order to manage applications."
It is connected, Zune is connected, but no...

Also Application Deployment says "Error - 0x89731812"

I think must go back to Android soon... :D

Pikkuhannu

Jul 30, 2008
Just go back to .7720, still same thing, can´t deploy apps...

So what next?

Edit: hard reset and now works.

Last edited:

lamborg

Feb 13, 2009
welovemj.co.cc
I followed the How To Keep Your Phone Unlocked, rebooted but still when Deploying the Apps it says "Max no. of Unsigned App installed".
After rebooting I checked the values for PortalUrlInt and PortalUrlProd, both are 0, phone is Dev unlocked from Microsoft, DeveloperUnlockState is 1
Running 8773
Any ideas?

MonirAbuHilal

Oct 2, 2007
Remove the Unsigned Apps Limit

I followed the How To Keep Your Phone Unlocked, rebooted but still when Deploying the Apps it says "Max no. of Unsigned App installed".
After rebooting I checked the values for PortalUrlInt and PortalUrlProd, both are 0, phone is Dev unlocked from Microsoft, DeveloperUnlockState is 1
Running 8773
Any ideas?

Edit your Registry to remove the Unsigned Apps Limit:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\Install]
"MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:2147483647

Reactions: haker01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reason I have never been able to get the LG Optimus E900h to stay unlocked. The registry editers we currently have in our possesion can not edit the needed keys nor can we use provxml because once again it for some reason will not work on our devices.

Here is a 100% way to keep the LG Optimus 7 phone from relocking. Instead of using 3rd party apps we will use the native LG MFG application.

Known Bugs: ChevronWP7 will no longer detect your phone! Not sure why but it doesn't. This shouldn't be a problem considering your phone is unlocked. A factory restore will revert the changes. Also you may not debug with VS2010. Also unsure why.

Notes: Enter everything without quotes, and please be careful. Don't hold me responsible if you screw up your phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

How to Un-Lock your Phone without Chevron 7

You can unlock the phone by using the MFG registry editor.

1. Open the MFG app and use the password to open it. If you don't know it's (appmfg#*#)
    2. Go to Engineer Menu -> Other Settings -> Edit Registry
    3. Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    4. Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"
    5. Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD
    6. Hit Query. Output result should return a "0" or a random long number. If it does continue.
    7. Set your input data box to "1" and hit SET. Output result should be 1

How To Keep Your Phone Unlocked

You can keep your phone unlocked and prevent Zune from re-locking it.
    1. Open the MFG app and use the password to open it. If you don't know it's (appmfg#*#)
    4. Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    5. Set your input key to "PortalUrlProd" and set to DWORD
    6. Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.
    7. Keep your input data box empty and hit SET. Output result should be 0
    8. Keep this screen open and continue to Part 2

Part 2
    1. Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    2. Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    3. Set your input key to "PortalUrlInt" and set to DWORD
    4. Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.
    5. Keep your input data box empty and hit SET. Output result should be 0
    6. Backout to the password screen and shutdown the phone via powerbutton.
    7. Reboot and sync. Your phone should stay unlocked.

How to Re-Lock your Phone without Chevron 7

Don't want your phone unlocked anymore? You can re-lock the phone by using the MFG registry editor.

4. Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"
    5. Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD
    6. Hit Query. Output result should return a "1". If it does continue.
    7. Set your input data box to "0" and hit SET. Output result should be 0
    8. Your phone is now locked. To Unlock the phone redo the above steps but set back to "1"

How to Re-Set PortalUrlInt and PortalUrlProd Keys

This will allow Zune re-lock your phone as well as being useful for updating.

4. Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    5. Set your input key to "PortalUrlProd" and set to STRING
    6. Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.
    7. Set your input data box to "https://developerservices.windowsphone.com/Services/WindowsPhoneRegistration.svc/01/2010" and hit SET.
    8. Keep this screen open and continue to Part 2

Part 2
    1. Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    2. Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    3. Set your input key to "PortalUrlInt" and set to STRING
    4. Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.
    5. Set your input data box to "https://developerservices.windowsphone-int.com/Services/WindowsPhoneRegistration.svc/01/2010" and hit SET.
    6. Backout to the password screen and shutdown the phone via powerbutton.
    7. Reboot and sync. Your phone should re-lock with every sync.
    Works, but this method for unlock must be added because not all the phone have the value 1 on the key DeveloperUnlockState

Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"
    Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD
    Hit Query. Output result should return a "0". If it does continue.
    Set your input data box to "1" and hit SET. Output result should be 1
    Your phone is now unlocked.
    What if your DeveloperUnlockState Key returns data instead of 0 at the first step?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Interestingly enough, the "data" given by both keys were the same, and they were different between two phones (both Optimus 7) that my colleage and I own.

The above procedure works regardless. Syncing with Zune does not relock either. Amazing what you can do without using Chevron. I wonder if this method will remain functional after NoDo update.

Here is the method to remove the 10 app limit for sideloading.
    Please take note as it uses a different value than the regular method used for other phones.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg\ Install]
    "MaxUnsignedApp"=dword:2147483647

The number is the decimal value for the actually needed key 7FFFFFFF. The Registry editor in MFG app does not accept Hex keys, and if you use the 7FFFFFFF value, it will set it to zero, and WILL prevent you from sideloading ANY apps. This requires a restart after setting the value.
    Help!

I have a UK Orange sim locked Optimus 7 and have tried the instructions on here but to no avail. I still get the "The SIM card can only be used on specific networks....." error.

Can anyone help or has experience this before?

Thanks

Simon

This is to Developer Unlock not Sim unlock.
    Does any one here know if this hack works after Mango?
    Yes it does.

XDA Windows Phone 7 App