ROM Manager "Data" increasing - over 100MB

Search This thread

asd44

Apr 25, 2011
Hello!
I have Desire GSM + CM7.2 RC1 + S-OFF, hboot - cm7r2.

I have a problem with Rom Manager (latest ver. + licence). It seems to non stop download "Data" with no reason. RM stores this "Data" in phone memory and can't stop until memory is full! I've checked in "Manage applications" and "Data" in RM is 100 + MB big and growing!
What's going on?! I've also searched some forums and i haven't found NOTHING similar to this...

Thanks in advance!

mhieczelle

Mar 3, 2011
Me too. I have this exact issue with latest rom manager. All data is now eating up my internal memory. Im now having a hard time updating my rom via rom manager. Please help.

asd44

Apr 25, 2011
I've also noticed that this happened when I select "Download Rom"...
Can somebody pass this post (this issue) to ROM Manager dev? I haven't found any email so I sent him PM on facebook and twitter and no response... :confused:

Koush

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2007
Hi, I have no idea why it would be doing that. ROM Manager stores stuff on the SD card.

Can you try doing this in adb shell:

cd /data/data/com.koushikdutta.rommanager
ls -l -R

Put the contents of that into pastebin, and let me know via twitter or google plus.

Skilling

Jun 27, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Hello!

I have a problem with Rom Manager (latest ver. + licence). It seems to non stop download "Data" with no reason. RM stores this "Data" in phone memory and can't stop until memory is full! I've checked in "Manage applications" and "Data" in RM is 100 + MB big and growing!
What's going on?! I've also searched some forums and i haven't found NOTHING similar to this...

Thanks in advance!
same here, including phone/sw specs

I cleaned ROM Manager's data (131MB) a few minutes ago and googled it to figure out whats happening...

If it happens again I can retrieve /data/data/com.koushikdutta.rommanager contents to help.

EDIT: Found the problem:

After entering the "Download ROM" list, this file starts to increase size:

/data/data/com.koushikdutta.rommanager/files/260660323.urlimage

Maybe one of those ROM icons has been changed to a large invalid file.

Last edited:
Reactions: asd44

Koush

Sep 21, 2007

I cleaned ROM Manager's data (131MB) a few minutes ago and googled it to figure out whats happening...

If it happens again I can retrieve /data/data/com.koushikdutta.rommanager contents to help.

Excellent, thanks. I'll find out who that is and fix it.

Reactions: asd44

Koush

Sep 21, 2007
This has now been fixed. Some guy posted a android zip as his icon. I'll start making sure the icons are valid images now.

Reactions: Skilling and asd44

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This has now been fixed. Some guy posted a android zip as his icon. I'll start making sure the icons are valid images now.
    Hello!

Thanks in advance!

Excellent, thanks. I'll find out who that is and fix it.