[Rom][Unofficial] JellyBean (CM10) VZW (Updated Nightlies)

Search This thread

Josolanes

Jul 30, 2012
Reactions: lxetuo

bryann9182

Jul 20, 2012
so is it only the 1920 8/15 build that requires the unlocked bootloader? Can u flash the 1646 8/15 build with kexec still?

Josolanes

Jul 30, 2012
Thanks! How is that different from the nightlies in the OP? Will the 8/16 version in the original post (when it's available) contain the MMS fix as well?
If the versions in this post contain the MMS fix soon I may go back to these. NFC worked with my last one I flashed (8/12) and if I can get NFC, mms, data, etc all working well within JB I'd be very content. CM10 from the link had NFC problems where NFC settings and abilities would disappear when Wallet was installed

I imagine the nightlies in the first post will contain the MMS fix soon enough

juancaperez2000

Jul 22, 2010
Hyattsville
With all do respect, i have couple questions, Now that we are unlock, CM will be moved to OFFICIAL, and based on his hard work invisiblek will be the official dev or someone else could take his spot

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

jdhas

Sep 22, 2010
Boston, MA
With all do respect, i have couple questions, Now that we are unlock, CM will be moved to OFFICIAL, and based on his hard work invisiblek will be the official dev or someone else could take his spot

cvpcs is the official maintainer of the d2vzw. Whether or not it is "official" is somewhat immaterial, though it does seem likely at this point. On his g+ page, cvsps discusses eventual official nightlies for this ROM....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ka1z0ku

May 19, 2012
Saint Marys
Installing the newest unlocked build, got to the CM10 boot screen with the swirling circle but its been there for like 5 minutes. I've heard of long first boots but this seems to be taking forever. Should I wait longer or is there possibly something I did wrong? I am definitely unlocked and installed with TWRP2.2

loryndm

Jun 25, 2010
So i got ballsy and tried the LTE toggle and now i only have 3G. Ive done reboot after reboot. IS this a known issue and anyone have an idea on how to get 4G back? Maybe an adb command?

doronster195

Dec 9, 2010
Let me pre-face this by saying that I haven't even rooted my GS3 yet, but I believe both of these issues are common and have simple solutions. I could be off, but make sure to try my suggestions.

So i got ballsy and tried the LTE toggle and now i only have 3G. Ive done reboot after reboot. IS this a known issue and anyone have an idea on how to get 4G back? Maybe an adb command?

Download the app Phone Info from the market, open it, you may need to scroll down to the bottom and find a drop down menu that should let you select LTE/CDMA. That should fix that.

Installing the newest unlocked build, got to the CM10 boot screen with the swirling circle but its been there for like 5 minutes. I've heard of long first boots but this seems to be taking forever. Should I wait longer or is there possibly something I did wrong? I am definitely unlocked and installed with TWRP2.2

Generally, when flashing new ROMs if you are stuck at a bootloop it may mean you need to wipe data / cache (this is advice I've been given when this has happened multiple times on my Droid X -- but, since it is a Droid X and not a GS3, take it with a grain of salt.)

slide83

Mar 15, 2011
Is there a way to turn off the vibration of the back and menu keys?

Also, is there a way to set the backlight on those keys to stay on all the time. The setting that says it does that doesn't seem to be working...

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Oh, and also is the circle clock/weather/battery widget taken from Motorola included in CM10 or do I need to download it somewhere and flash it?

Hilbe

Jan 26, 2010
Fishers, IN
Dirty flashed invisiblek 8/16 over cvpcs 8/16 no issues :)

Both impacted by the Gallery not seeing pictures and NFC not working.

loryndm

Jun 25, 2010
Thanks for the phone info app! Worked like a charm.

Now im wondering about google apps. IE: Navigation. I figured by flashing gapps it would be on my phone but its not. Any ideas?

slide83

Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for the phone info app! Worked like a charm.

Now im wondering about google apps. IE: Navigation. I figured by flashing gapps it would be on my phone but its not. Any ideas?

Just download google maps from the play store.

Is it a known bug for paid apps not to show as purchased??

slide83

Mar 15, 2011
Nevermind. I re-chose my account in the play store and it recognized my purchased apps.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

So far the 8/16 build is running flawless. I haven't rebooted though. Lol.

Your gallery is working correctly?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2012-07-22-01-02-43.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-23-49-12.png

CM10 (JellyBean) Nightlies on the SCH-I535 By Invisiblek

I'm not responsible if u mess up your phone.

BootLoader Unlock And Root Required Thanks Adam Outler!!!

Recoveries
    CWM or TWRP Recommended

Roms
    Invisiblek's Unifficail CM10 Nightlies / Mirror / Mirror / ChangeLog

Gapps
    Latest Gapps 7/26
    Gapps Directory

Instructions

1. Reboot to Recovery

2. Make a backup of current stock rom just in case something goes wrong or you dont like it.

3. Wipe data, cache, dalvic cache and install cm10 and gapps reboot.

4. You are now running Jelly Bean :)

If you don't like it or there is a problem, simply reboot to recovery and wipe all. Then restore stock rom backup.

Few people have experienced losing there IMEI after flashing. Solution Below.

It is HIGHLY recommended making a backup of your IMEI before flashing anymore roms.
    Thanks xMopx
    Original Thread Here

Make a backup of your IMEI / MEID / EFS Data in case you need to restore it in the event that it is lost after a flash.

This will put a copy of efs.sbn on the root of your internal sdcard.

From PC
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/efs.sbn

or

From Terminal Emulator
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/efs.sbn

Easy restore if needed.

PC
    Code:
    adb push efs.sbn /sdcard/efs.sbn
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/efs.sbn of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
    reboot

Terminal Emulator
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/efs.sbn of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
    reboot

Fix for lost IMEI without a back up.
    Thanks PureMotive

Thanks cyanogen, invisiblek, dhacker, cvpcs, puremotive and anyone else i may have forgotton.
    Thought I'd post this here. Here's how to manually upgrade without the CASUAL program. I extracted the aboot.img from the CASUAL jar, and here are the commands to run via adb.

Code:
    adb push aboot.img /sdcard/aboot.img

adb shell

su

dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5

All credits to Adam on this, just wanted to give people some options.

I have confirmed I do not have a brick on CM10 after doing this and rebooting.

MD5 (aboot.img) = 0ba9ad45fc15cf3d62af7dd363686b3f
    Thats enough on the twrp issue.
    Invisiblek place look like is down

yea, goo.im is down for the weekend
    builds will be up here: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Samsung_Galaxy_SIII_Developers/Invisiblek/
    i'll be mirroring there in the future too

also we'll have torrents too now, i recommend them to save strain on sites, please seed as well!
    Have anyone run into the data problem like the one in CM9? Is camera/camcorder working? Thanks!

4g works like a charm for me. Also, Camera, front cam and video on both work just fine.