[ROM][PORT][JB 4.1.2 AOSP][SGH-I777] MIUI v4 3.3.1 - v5 Themed [STOPPED]

Search This thread

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai
Latest Update Of Patched AOSP Based MIUI v4 (4.1.2)
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
JELLY BEAN VERSION

INSTALATION GUIDE FOR FIRST TIME

1. Make sure you're rooted and on ICS bootloaders. This ROM is on android 4.1.2
2. Reboot to recovery.
3. Wipe data/Factory Reset
4. Wipe cache
5. Mounts and Storage > Format System
6. Wipe Dalvik Cache
7. Install MIUI ROM
9. Reboot & Personalize Rom as Normal & ENJOY.

NO INSTALING OF OTHER KERNEL

INITIAL DOWNLOADS
I777 - MIUI v4 - 3.3.1 - 4.1.zip

ADDONS
1.Gapps - JB - 2012.10.11 - MIUI - i personally dont use this gapps...i download it seprately...
2.I9100 - Language Pack - 3.2.8.zip - I have'nt tested it yet...so plz do a nandroid backup before you install this pack...as per biohazard this should work on I777
3.MIUI V5 - White.mtz - Put the MTZ file in MIUI/Themes and install it via theme manager...
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
BUGS & WORKAROUNDS???
TO CHANGE THE DPI - AFTER THE ROM IS SETUP PROPERLY, INSTALL ROM TOOLBOX LITE AND CHANGE THE STRING WHICH SAYS ro.sf.lcd_density
DISABLE THE ANIMATIONS IN DEVELOPERS OPTIONS TO GET SMOTH ROM USAGE
THIS SHOULD BE YOUR PRIMARY ROM. OR YOU MIGHT FACE BOOT LOOPS.
ALL THANKS GO TO
IXANZA - For the 4.1 discovery and porting so far.
MIUI - For the I9100 update files.
GERGUTER - For letting us know and use the updates so far.
Faryaab - For the I9100 Rom & Kernel
-BioHaZard- - For the Multi Language Pack
Lord Of Hell - For whatever way you think I helped you

Attachments

• screenshot_0315210037.jpg
    screenshot_0315210037.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 525
  • screenshot_0315210045.jpg
    screenshot_0315210045.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 465
  • screenshot_0316140338.jpg
    screenshot_0316140338.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 434
  • screenshot_0316140347.jpg
    screenshot_0316140347.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 383
  • screenshot_0316140408.jpg
    screenshot_0316140408.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 399
  • screenshot_0316141753.jpg
    screenshot_0316141753.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 449
  • screenshot_0316142007.jpg
    screenshot_0316142007.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

gerguter

First of All I tried porting the update package to our I777.
But for some DAMN reasons it wont get past the boot screen.
So i decided to port the entire package.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Follow the Colour Codings Plz -
Green - M sure It Works.
Orange - M not sure. Maybe or Maynot Work.
Red - May god help u.

Installation Guide For first timers :
Make sure you're rooted and on ICS bootloaders. This ROM is on android 4.1.2
Reboot to recovery.
Wipe data/Factory Reset
Wipe cache
Mounts and Storage > Format System
Install MIUI ROM
Install Siyah Kernel
Please, REBOOT, and then flash Gapps.
Do NOT flash them back to back! It will cause Home button not working..!
Reboot Again

DONOT CHANGE THE KERNEL OTHER THAN PROVIDED SIYAH TILL FURTHER INFO. PLZ REPORT ANY ONE WITH ISSUES.

Update Guide :
Download the update file from the link above or from the bottom of this post.
Put it into your SDCard
Reboot to recovery
Install update through recovery
Fix Permissions
Reboot Phone
Note : You must be on the previous version to update to the latest version. EG :Update 3.1.25 requires you to be on 3.1.18

Enjoy. Once again I have just ported the Rom. I found this and I'm just Porting this for you guys.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Bugs ???
Low Sound Issue - (ISSUE RESOLVED WITH THE LATEST UPDATE)

All thanks goes to -
IXANZA - for the 4.1 discovery and porting so far.
MIUI - for the I9100 update files.
GERGUTER - for letting us know and use the updates so far.
Ktoonsez - for the awesum kernel.
Myself - for whatever way you think I helped you

Downloads -

2. Siyah-I777-v7.8.5
3. gapps-jb-20121011_MIUI

Looking forward to trying!
:laugh:

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai
Acting a little buggy. Won't boot to lock screen. Sometimes you can get to the home screen but when you push the power button to lock the phone will restart. Just a little heads up.

Strike what I said before. I think I may have done a couple of things wrong. I'll get back to ya in a few minutes.

OK...try full wipe n install this time no Gapps...cuz i never installed them myself...also this should be your primary rom. as per siyah kernel multiboot dosent work on Samsung JB..
working on the rom for some new modifications like the boot screen and lock screen in the same pack..hope it works..meanwhile uploading the new rom which shows I777

Last edited:

gerguter

OK...try full wipe n install this time no Gapps...cuz i never installed them myself...also this should be your primary rom. as per siyah kernel multiboot dosent work on Samsung JB..
working on the rom for some new modifications like the boot screen and lock screen in the same pack..hope it works..meanwhile uploading the new rom which shows I777

Everything is working good. Just got the order wrong. I was in a hurry! Thanks for the update and looking forward to more releases! I will let you know if I find anything. Again, thanks for your work!

Reactions: badblood_antony

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai
Everything is working good. Just got the order wrong. I was in a hurry! Thanks for the update and looking forward to more releases! I will let you know if I find anything. Again, thanks for your work!

no issues buddy...m just sharing things which help others as u do...lemme know if any bugs comes up...n m working on the updates part..take care..:good:

Arcen1k

Jul 31, 2012
Seattle, WA
Great work, I'll definitely try this out! One question, more of a very general MIUI question. One of my favourite things about my current ROM is that I have a unread notification (bubble over the app icon), is there anything like that stock in MIUI or is there some theming required?

EDIT - Install failed, your prop file is funky...
EDIT 2 - I followed the instructions to the letter, and it boots up into the OS then back to boot animation...

Last edited:

gerguter

Great work, I'll definitely try this out! One question, more of a very general MIUI question. One of my favourite things about my current ROM is that I have a unread notification (bubble over the app icon), is there anything like that stock in MIUI or is there some theming required?

EDIT 2 - I followed the instructions to the letter, and it boots up into the OS then back to boot animation...

Build Prop Issues: This happened to me as well. Install the kernel first and then choose the option to reboot into recovery and install the ROM. That should clear up your build prop issues.
Install: Install the ROM. Boot system. Reboot into recovery after it loads. Wipe cache partition and dalvick cahce. Reinstall kernel. Boot system. Reboot into recovery after it loads. Wipe cache partition and dalvick cache again. Install the gapps package. Boot system and enjoy!

Last edited:

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai
Re: [ROM][PORT][JB][AOSP][SGH-I777] MIUI v4.1 Update 3.2.8

Thanks for the reply gerguter...are those steps working ?? It should as I tried those same steps yesterday...it worked for me...couldn't reply as I had a morning shift as per IST...

Also I'll update the same steps in OP if any1 else have got them working...

sent from Hell using SGH-I777

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai

Well the only notifications on apps I get is when I install go launcher along with the notification plugin and that too only on msg, calls and gmail...

gerguter

Thanks for the reply gerguter...are those steps working ?? It should as I tried those same steps yesterday...it worked for me...couldn't reply as I had a morning shift as per IST...

Also I'll update the same steps in OP if any1 else have got them working...

Those are the same steps I used to get everything working yesterday so I think they should work for everybody.

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai

Those are the same steps I used to get everything working yesterday so I think they should work for everybody.

Alright I have updated both the steps in the OP...
Let's continue those steps while I upload the modified ROM...should be available in couple of hrs...also I have uploaded the new screenshots of the modified ROM...

ClubOK

Jun 13, 2007
Does not work! Did everything by guide. Phone reboots every time! Crappy firmware! Before you upload - you need to test!

badblood_antony

Feb 19, 2010
Mumbai

Does not work! Did everything by guide. Phone reboots every time! Crappy firmware! Before you upload - you need to test!

It seems it works for all others specially me and gerguter... also m using the ROM from yesterday...haven't got even single issue...why all issue comes to u man ???

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest Update Of Patched AOSP Based MIUI v4 (4.1.2)
    JELLY BEAN VERSION

INSTALATION GUIDE FOR FIRST TIME

1. Make sure you're rooted and on ICS bootloaders. This ROM is on android 4.1.2
    2. Reboot to recovery.
    3. Wipe data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe cache
    5. Mounts and Storage > Format System
    6. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    7. Install MIUI ROM
    9. Reboot & Personalize Rom as Normal & ENJOY.

NO INSTALING OF OTHER KERNEL

INITIAL DOWNLOADS
    I777 - MIUI v4 - 3.3.1 - 4.1.zip

ADDONS
    1.Gapps - JB - 2012.10.11 - MIUI - i personally dont use this gapps...i download it seprately...
    2.I9100 - Language Pack - 3.2.8.zip - I have'nt tested it yet...so plz do a nandroid backup before you install this pack...as per biohazard this should work on I777
    3.MIUI V5 - White.mtz - Put the MTZ file in MIUI/Themes and install it via theme manager...
    BUGS & WORKAROUNDS???
    TO CHANGE THE DPI - AFTER THE ROM IS SETUP PROPERLY, INSTALL ROM TOOLBOX LITE AND CHANGE THE STRING WHICH SAYS ro.sf.lcd_density
    DISABLE THE ANIMATIONS IN DEVELOPERS OPTIONS TO GET SMOTH ROM USAGE
    THIS SHOULD BE YOUR PRIMARY ROM. OR YOU MIGHT FACE BOOT LOOPS.
    ALL THANKS GO TO
    IXANZA - For the 4.1 discovery and porting so far.
    MIUI - For the I9100 update files.
    GERGUTER - For letting us know and use the updates so far.
    Faryaab - For the I9100 Rom & Kernel
    -BioHaZard- - For the Multi Language Pack
    Lord Of Hell - For whatever way you think I helped you
    Acting a little buggy. Won't boot to lock screen. Sometimes you can get to the home screen but when you push the power button to lock the phone will restart. Just a little heads up.

Strike what I said before. I think I may have done a couple of things wrong. I'll get back to ya in a few minutes.

I tried 4 times! All other firmware works fine! Only this does not work and the phone reboots!

You either are not following the directions or you have a corrupt file. Try redownloading the file and follow the directions to a T. I have installed both the original and the modified ROM and both are working as they should be. You MUST wipe the caches and reboot between each of the steps. If you still can't get it I am not sure what to tell you.

On a side note, you seem to have trouble with most of the ROMS around here. I would suggest that you do some reading on how to install custom roms. This might help you with all the trouble you seem to be having.:confused:

Build Prop Issues: This happened to me as well. Install the kernel first and then choose the option to reboot into recovery and install the ROM. That should clear up your build prop issues.
    Install: Install the ROM. Boot system. Reboot into recovery after it loads. Wipe cache partition and dalvick cahce. Reinstall kernel. Boot system. Reboot into recovery after it loads. Wipe cache partition and dalvick cache again. Install the gapps package. Boot system and enjoy!