Volume keys not responding during call?

Search This thread

g4rvd4

Jul 15, 2010
Mumbai
My volume keys don't work at all when in a call when the phone is held to my ear. To change the in call volume I have to take the phone off my ear so that the screen can come on, and then press the volume rocker.
Is this by design or is there something wrong with my device?

Reactions: Black Antitoon

g4rvd4

Jul 15, 2010
Mumbai
Update: this seems to be working intermittently for me. What could be the issue? I'm so stumped.

cushy incs

Sep 22, 2012
Same here. It's pissing me off. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using XDA Free mobile app

angadreme

Mar 17, 2014
Paris
Hey,

Exactly the same configuration as above. Same issue as you all guys. I think this is intentional though :(

Black Antitoon

May 3, 2008
Zurich (Switzerland)
Ok, now I am really getting confused. Reading of @angadreme also having Xposed, I thought it must be some Xposed module. I disabled all of them and rebooted -> volume buttons working with screen off during call. I thought it could be one of the options about volume buttons with screen off of Sense 6 toolbox, so I re-enabled all modules except S6TB and rebooted. Volume buttons still working. Then I enabled S6TB again, rebooted and... volume buttons still working. :eek:

angadreme

Mar 17, 2014
Paris
Still not responsive in call

I don't believe it is, it would be the first phone I see with this "feature".

Hey,

Am now wondering if my phone has an issue...I had this 'feature' (you're true, this should not happen at all...) since the very first day I bought it...all stock and so on.

Now that I'm running ARHD 8.0 with or withouht ElementalX, with or without Sense Toolbox, still the same issue...not TOO annoying, but still.

What do you suggest ? Shall I go for a replacement ? :confused:

Black Antitoon

May 3, 2008
Zurich (Switzerland)
No, it's clearly a software issue, I don't think it would make sense to ask for a replacement which would most likely have the same problem (assuming that they accept to replace the phone). If it's a firmware bug, it will sooner or later be fixed. If you had this problem even before rooting, it might be related to some app we have both installed. In case you find out more, please let me know, I am also going crazy for this little annoying issue!

By the way, after my last post, the volume buttons kept working without problems until I next rebooted the phone, which was several days later. Now they are again not working. -.-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My volume keys don't work at all when in a call when the phone is held to my ear. To change the in call volume I have to take the phone off my ear so that the screen can come on, and then press the volume rocker.
    Is this by design or is there something wrong with my device?