worth or not?

Search This thread

christty31

Oct 7, 2008
Bucharest
hi guys!
first of all please do not shoot me!
i have read a lot of forums and all the xda forum related to Galaxy S4 I9505, but i still have a problem....
I have now my I9505 new, original, unbranded as i purchase it, with JB 4.3 I9505XXUEMKF official but rooted with towelroot (KNOX 0x0).
Everything is flawless, but i want to upgrade iti to KitKat 4.4.2 I9505XXUGNG8 official, even if i loose root (because this version cannot be rooted now).
I still want to know is worth to upgrade it.... :( what are the benefits of 4.4.2 ?
Please help me!

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
hi guys!
first of all please do not shoot me!
i have read a lot of forums and all the xda forum related to Galaxy S4 I9505, but i still have a problem....
I have now my I9505 new, original, unbranded as i purchase it, with JB 4.3 I9505XXUEMKF official but rooted with towelroot (KNOX 0x0).
Everything is flawless, but i want to upgrade iti to KitKat 4.4.2 I9505XXUGNG8 official, even if i loose root (because this version cannot be rooted now).
I still want to know is worth to upgrade it.... :( what are the benefits of 4.4.2 ?
Please help me!

Question is, is there something you need in 4.4.2 and not got it in 4.3? When not I would stay on 4.3.
Some changes in KitKat are the lower RAM, better Battery (a lot better), some security things and a lot of other changes in the background :)

egy_b0y

Mar 19, 2014
Question is, is there something you need in 4.4.2 and not got it in 4.3? When not I would stay on 4.3.
Some changes in KitKat are the lower RAM, better Battery (a lot better), some security things and a lot of other changes in the background :)

Who doesn't need a better battery?
I have the same question weather or not to update
but I'm hesitant because some people say their battery life got worse!
How much better is the better?

christty31

Oct 7, 2008
Bucharest
Who doesn't need a better battery?
I have the same question weather or not to update
but I'm hesitant because some people say their battery life got worse!
How much better is the better?

these are my questions too....
lower used RAM and better battery life are the best things....but also some new settings, like s-view an so on...

LironImaN

Aug 23, 2014
I didn't felt any better battery drain after upgrading to 4.4.2.
Unfortunately, after upgrading to Kitkat I experienced a lot of problems in the camera and screen.
Now I'm using custom rom and developer options to solve these problems.

BTW, my device is I9500.

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
I didn't felt any better battery drain after upgrading to 4.4.2.
Unfortunately, after upgrading to Kitkat I experienced a lot of problems in the camera and screen.
Now I'm using custom rom and developer options to solve these problems.

BTW, my device is I9500.

Well, on my I9505 with NG8 Firmware I don't have any problems... all is ok also the Battery, Camery etc