Unknown text notification

Search This thread

ducehlmg

Jul 10, 2008
Houston
ok so when I woke up this morning I had a notification that said I have a new message so I checked it but the notification would not go away unless I hit the clear button.. n when I get a new text message, it comes back along with my sms popup notification.. so I'm really confused.. this just started out of nowhere.. I have notification turned off in the system messaging app n even when I turn off sms popup notifications, I still get the notification..

it just says

New Text Message
You have one unread text message

anyone have a clue as to what I can do without having to reinstall android?

currently running
Energy SenCity WinMo Rom
MDJ 2.2 Clean Android Build
Radio 2.15.50

thanks in advance
sorry is posted in wrong thread

please help!!!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

ducehlmg

Jul 10, 2008
Houston
yes and the notification is still there.. but the notification is not from the system messaging app or sms popup n those are the only 2 text messaging apps I have installed so I dont even know where the notification is coming from

wolfpack612

Nov 18, 2006
Hollywood
That sucks. I had a similar problem with the keyboard vibrating when pressing a key. I would turn it off and it wouldn't turn off, now I have swype and it doesn't do that.

Sent from my HD2 Android

Pens and DreamS

May 10, 2010
Its happening to me with the voicemail notification and it wont go away. Its driving me crazy!

ducehlmg

Jul 10, 2008
Houston
ok nevermind everyone.. it was because of beatiful widgets pack 2.. ive uninstalled and all is well now..