[4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.15 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode 03/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Anyone else, I've been running this all day and haven't got stuck at the BA nor have I had freezes.

I followed your instructions - flashed the rom and booted - then went back to recovery and flashed the GAPPS - when It rebooted, it kind of hung up on the screen 'installing aps" - for like four or five minutes - longer than I thouhgt ti should - I turned off the the phone and rebooted - and it started up just fine - have been running very smooth ever since.

You have given us a lot of different, awesome roms to play with - I for one and very grateful! Thanks!

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
I followed your instructions - flashed the rom and booted - then went back to recovery and flashed the GAPPS - when It rebooted, it kind of hung up on the screen 'installing aps" - for like four or five minutes - longer than I thouhgt ti should - I turned off the the phone and rebooted - and it started up just fine - have been running very smooth ever since.

You have given us a lot of different, awesome roms to play with - I for one and very grateful! Thanks!

Thats what happened to me also. Everything working perfectly after reboot. BT headset audio is a little distorted but still an improvement.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Had a couple of instances where a reboot caused the rom to hang at the boot screen; a battery pull and it starts up fine again, but that has happened a couple of times.

Quick question about "Daydream"; it doesn't seem to work properly on most AOSP roms; I set it to start "when phone is docked or charging", yet it never starts on its own..anyone else notice that?

thanks so much

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
few hiccups

Anyone else, I've been running this all day and haven't got stuck at the BA nor have I had freezes.

I got a screen freeze when taking pics. Battery pull the stuck on boot. 2nd battery pull worked.. Ill report if happens again.also fot stuck on upgrading apps at boot twice battery pull fixed. Rom is smooth camcorder works good. im gonna keep this rom for a while its butter.

spawn50ak49

Feb 12, 2011
Re: [4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.00 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode 02/16

When I flashed the ROM I wiped everything except extSD. Installed ROM booted up. Then rebooted and flashed gapps. Did setup and when finished desktop was black. The lock screen showed up fine. Rebooted and it stuck at the boot animation. Pulled the battery put it back in and it booted up fine. Rebooted again and it got stuck at boot again. Pulled the battery went to recovery wiped cash delvick cash and fixed permissions. Rebooted and it got stuck at the end of app upgrade. Pulled battery and it booted up fine. Rebooted again and it booted fine. Since then It has not got stuck at boot. Seems to take like three or for boot cycles for things too settle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

spawn50ak49

Feb 12, 2011
Re: [4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.00 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode 02/16

Update on getting stuck at boot animation. I installed ad away from the market and rebooted. It got stuck at the BA. Pulled battery again got stuck at BA. Pulled again and it got stuck at BA. Booted into recovery wiped cash delvick cash and fixed permissions. Rebooted and it booted and finished app upgrades.

Edit.......

Got stuck at BA after reboot. Had to clear cash delvick cash and fix permissions for it to boot. Restored default host file and uninstalled ad away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

meleii

Jul 11, 2011

Omg my brain could not handle all of that after a 16 hour shift. Holy boot reboot.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA

Yeah, I'm still getting stuck at the BA after a reboot, and needed battery pull. Annoying, but not a huge deal. I didn't do a full wipe. All else awesome though.

Reactions: pao_revolt

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
just a side note, even though in call Bluetooth is not 100% yet, its a lot better than it was on previous builds, and, the callers say I sound perfect; its just they sound somewhat crackly to me; Bluetooth music streaming is perfect though, and if you load the JD kernel, you can use voodoo sound mod, which is sweet!
Thanks again John!

OrangeFever

Sep 19, 2011
Calgary

Boot loop has been confirmed fixed! That was my biggest issue with this ROM, now it's fixed!

abdielol

Oct 12, 2010
Puerto Rico

Working very smooth! Thanks so much for your work. Random question: is there anyway to make the navigation bar turn off? Never found the option.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    untitled-22pjyp.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

AOSPA for legacy devices (non-nexus) is still in progress. Consider this build as a early preview.

Please do not answer questions that have been asked and answered before, just ignore/report them.

Removed
    The gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip GAPPS!

You should use TWRP and always wipe system
    and factory reset before flashing and cache/dalvik after!

shots_12pk0x.png

If you like my work, show me.

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

FEATURES for 2.99,
    • Hybrid engine,
    • Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
    • Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
    • Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
    • Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
    • You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
    • Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
    • Theming Engine
    • Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
    • Multiuser support
    • Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
    • 4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
    • As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
    • New holo-styled theme chooser
    • T9 dialer
    • New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

03/27 Changes:

Kernel video drivers updated
    Notification LED stays on until you swipe away notification
    (this works regardless of screen on/off)

03/26 Changes:

New PA Prefs 5.2!
    Hybrid quick setting
    Pop-up hybrid settings
    Added last app pie button

Screenshot_2013-03-26-10-49-31.png

Paranoid Android said:
    Statusupdate 24-25 March

This ones a bit bigger so lets just get to the point,

Pa-prefs gets a new pop-up/dialog based interface. It'll be way faster to navigate when you visit the app list.

A new toggle will show you hybrid properties for each foreground app. You tap it and it will open up the same pop-up again. This allows you to change stuff for apps faster than ever before. We've cut out some nonsense like that forceclose dialog.

Pa-prefs comes in holo dark, brings lots of stylechanges and refinements.

PIE wont freeze pixels on nex7 anymore, it will not cause choppy recents. These troubles were from Android but we've found a way to fix them, without checking hw-overlays.

Plus several bugfixes like always.

I'm going to try to make a new 4.2.2 build with video camera fixes real quick, if all goes well and I don't fall asleep you guys will have it within the next few hours.

Edit: There's tons of conflicts on some of CM's sources that I use for this build. This isn't happening tonight.
    ROM updated with newer PIE, didn't get around to changing stylus cursor

Use the newer GAPPs that are in the OP