what option deletes my android folder in TWRP recovery?

Search This thread

aseferfan

May 14, 2013
Dhaka
hey guys its been kinda long since i last flashed but i was changing my rom to magio and as a usual procedure i selected dalvik cache,cache,system,android_secure,and data to wipe...after the wipe installed rom and fired up my phone...then was restoring a game..after i restored,to my horror i saw that my "Android" folder(which keeps obb and data) was completely wiped :eek:
i have no idea how that happened as i never selected sd_card wipe

so does the data wipe option also delete the Android folder?:confused:
i remember clearly that in the old days i did select data wipe/factory reset in recovery but it didn't remove my Android folder

Using latest TWRP 2.6.3.0 btw

Last edited:

blackbuffalo

Oct 10, 2012
Hà Nội
OnePlus 8
hey guys its been kinda long since i last flashed but i was changing my rom to magio and as a usual procedure i selected dalvik cache,cache,system,android_secure,and data to wipe...after the wipe installed rom and fired up my phone...then was restoring a game..after i restored,to my horror i saw that my "Android" folder(which keeps obb and data) was completely wiped :eek:
i have no idea how that happened as i never selected sd_card wipe

so does the data wipe option also delete the Android folder?:confused:
i remember clearly that in the old days i did select data wipe/factory reset in recovery but it didn't remove my Android folder

Using latest TWRP 2.6.3.0 btw

Choose File Manager then browser to Android folder on SDcard. Choose Seletc this folder or anything same then touch on delete

aseferfan

May 14, 2013
Dhaka
Wipe system..That..But when you are flashing a new rom you have to do that..Cause your ROM will have errors..
wait really????so every time i flash a new rom i will have to copy all the 11 gb data and obb of my apps back to my phone????lol :eek:
but thats sounds kinda off as i never had to do it before

big noob

Oct 1, 2010
Classified
You can backup for apps with Titanium Backup! Music and pictures will stay on phone..Cause when you are flashing new roms apps will stop working in almost every case..,

athulele

Oct 11, 2011
USA
My obb files were NEVER deleted after wiping system from recovery..

Sent from my HTC One X