[Q] Disable T-mobile kit kat update notification?

Search This thread

rcboosted

Nov 13, 2010
I rooted my phone via the RDLV method to keep the knox counter at 0. Since T-mobile started rolling out the kit kat update, I've been having to postpone it daily. Is there a way to keep it from popping up or staying in the notification?

Even better would be a method to root kit kat without tripping the knox counter.

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
I rooted my phone via the RDLV method to keep the knox counter at 0. Since T-mobile started rolling out the kit kat update, I've been having to postpone it daily. Is there a way to keep it from popping up or staying in the notification?

Even better would be a method to root kit kat without tripping the knox counter.

The cool thing would be to google your question and you would have found your answers without posting. No there is no way to stop the notifications because nobody has had the time to sit down and write the cancellation script. Updating without tripping knox has been discussed in numerous threads in MORE THAN detail. There is a method, but it is not recommended by me and others. The method is for very advanced people that are technological sound and know Android very very well. As you stand the chance to permanently brick your phone.

Reactions: bobbyphoenix

og.blaah

Jul 1, 2012
I turned off the software update. I have not had any pop-up notifications at all....:)

a2y5enaj.jpg

Reactions: rcboosted

Dreamgun

Sep 27, 2013
I turned off the software update. I have not had any pop-up notifications at all....:)

a2y5enaj.jpg

Whoa bro that method is for advanced users only and you might brick your phone, also there isn't any other way to do it. If you googled you would of found an answer that an answer does not exist.

But seriously all sarcasm aside thanks for sharing your easy find.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
Whoa bro that method is for advanced users only and you might brick your phone, also there isn't any other way to do it. If you googled you would of found an answer that an answer does not exist.

Lol. I stand corrected. that was tried before and was said that after a reset the phone would go back to asking for updates again. I'll admit i'm wrong. Hopefully this stops it permanently .

Reactions: dwitherell

rcboosted

Nov 13, 2010

a2y5enaj.jpg

I thought it was too late for me. I turned off software update, in fact there were 2 of them, one of them(newer) can't be turned off. The notification did not go away after turning off the older version, rebooting doesn't seem to help either. Went into Titanium Backup (paid) and force closed the newer software update, and the notification went away! Then I froze the app. The freeze survived a reboot. Woohoo! The phone did reboot itself after the first reboot after the freeze however, not sure what happened there. It's been ok since.

Hopefully this thread helps someone else in my situation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The cool thing would be to google your question and you would have found your answers without posting. No there is no way to stop the notifications because nobody has had the time to sit down and write the cancellation script. Updating without tripping knox has been discussed in numerous threads in MORE THAN detail. There is a method, but it is not recommended by me and others. The method is for very advanced people that are technological sound and know Android very very well. As you stand the chance to permanently brick your phone.

a2y5enaj.jpg

Lol. I stand corrected. that was tried before and was said that after a reset the phone would go back to asking for updates again. I'll admit i'm wrong. Hopefully this stops it permanently .