[ROM] MondoROM 0.2 | Übersex Polyglot

Search This thread

marxo

May 29, 2010
Кикинда
marxo.iz.rs
logo.png

MondoROM is based on HCDR.ROM by HCDR.Jacob and uses a slightly modified Black Theme from 2.1 by JoOoS. Now with Suave icons.

001.png
002.png
003.png

Functionality
  • su + Superuser (updated to v2.3.6.1)
  • Kernel with BFS313
  • Busybox
  • Apps2SD
  • Market v2.3.4 patched
  • Java Box
  • Sense UI
  • Facebook application
  • Wireless Tethering
  • Voice Search
  • Device Status Widget
  • New Wallpapers and Boot animation
  • Suave icons
  • Power Control Widget Mod
  • Offline HTML Viewer

Languages
It supports English, Français, Italiano, Español, Nederlands, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Português, Norsk bokmål, Dansk, Svenska, Čeština, Polski, Русский, 中文 (臺灣), 中文 (中华人民共和国), Српски, Shqip, Latviešu.

This ROM is ready to be translated to new languages, so please, join our localization project @ Google Code. To see what languages are being translated at the moment, see #2. Let's integrate strings, and show them what WWE really means!

What else?
Everything should work fine, Apps2SD work on an EXT3 partition, if you have this partition the script will run automatically. If you're flashing for the first time, WIPE BEFORE FLASHING!
Camera and FM Radio work, since it's 1.6 based.

Remember to do a Nandroid backup before flashing and if you experience any problems, try a full wipe and re-flash to see if they persist before leaving a comment.

I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE, INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!

DOWNLOAD

v0.2
Dropbox, OpenDrive, Hotfile, Uploading.com, RapidShare, zSHARE, DepositFiles, Badongo, MegaUpload

Size: ~89,3 MB (93.694.811 bytes)
MD5: 9d3779e3df0a6284a363e7b701caff17
SH1: 03850a982ca3735936af621e32b41f0aa8616b53
CRC32: 8b95b1aa

v0.1
Dropbox, 4shared, RapidShare, zSHARE, DepositFiles, Badongo, MegaUpload, 115.com

如果您从中国站下载遇到问题,请使用该链接.

Size: ~85.6MB (89.758.967 bytes)
MD5: 98976c4998404b204ff25799795b1a5d
SHA1: 4D31B78505B337DB0904A07A596201E307333C9C

If you like this ROM, and you want to help me, DONATE.

Important links
Have in mind that this is the first release, and probably a lot of stuff to change.
To-do list for upcoming release and changelog in #2

Last edited:

marxo

May 29, 2010
Кикинда
marxo.iz.rs
Important
  • In case you used Eclair or Froyo, and then switched to MondoROM your GPS might not work. Try booting to recovery, wiping and flashing again. If that fails the only solution is to UNROOT back to Stock ROM then ROOT again and flash MondoROM.
  • If you wish to use Apps2SD you can't take your SD Card out. Seems that when I put it back in, after one reboot, it shows the applications, but they all force close. I'll try to update Apps2SD in the next release, hoping that it will resolve the issue, but if any of you know more about this let me know.

Current private build: 0.3-pre6 (0.7.5)

Planned for 0.3 (Codename: Proud Son Of The Übersex Polyglot, Which Also Happens To Be A Polyglot, And Makes Übersex To You) or simply Cletus.
  • More languages
  • Device Status Widget mod -- changing the style to black
  • New wallpapers in gallery
  • MMS.apk mod -- adding avatars and contact pictures
  • Adding Arabic layout and strings
  • Further UI modification -- Browser.apk, Notification bar icons, and such
  • Update applications
  • Update Apps2SD

Languages planned / % done / translators
  • Serbian (српски) tier0 ~40% | markokikinda
  • Albanian (Shqip) tier0 ~40% | KrisInfinity
  • Latvian (latviešu) tier0 ~90% | einaarsd
  • Estonian (eesti keel) tier0 | allanadamso
  • Japanese (日本語) | 75% | need translators
  • Korean (한국어) |- 80% | need translators

Post your requests, I'll see what I can do.

Changelog:
0.1 (0.5.3) - 25.11.2010. - Initial release
0.2 (0.6.9) - 7.3.2011. - Oh yea!

Last edited:

priban

Oct 6, 2009
I really like the UI changes ! Was looking for something like this. Will try it tomorrow

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using XDA App

michhh

Sep 3, 2010
hi,good job man,i use fyodor ROM with sense UI and it is more fast and light than HDCR ROM.Can you make this version more light,so i can put in libjava too?ty
sorry for my bad english

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Help me how to conver EXT3 partition and istall app2sd
Thanks
hi
go to boot loader and do it in ur tattoo(u will see partition sd card click on it ) first partition to Ext2 and upgrade to Ext3

Note : when u do the above u will loose ur SD card data so back up ur data to ur pc before doing the same
thanks
hari

s9134131

May 7, 2010
Traditional Chinese Supported?

i installed this rom, but i did'nt see Chinese option in locale setting ~ ? thanks a lot !! :)

huyngh

Jul 12, 2010
hi
go to boot loader and do it in ur tattoo(u will see partition sd card click on it ) first partition to Ext2 and upgrade to Ext3

Note : when u do the above u will loose ur SD card data so back up ur data to ur pc before doing the same
thanks
hari
Thank you very much!

sandrome

Apr 28, 2010
Basel
Nice to see a new rom. I think I gonna try it soon. An option to overclock would be really nice to add a bit more speed.

marxo

May 29, 2010
Кикинда
marxo.iz.rs
It would be great if you can add bluetooth obex and market patch.

Market patch is already in the ROM. As for Object Exchange, I'm looking into it.

i installed this rom, but i did'nt see Chinese option in locale setting ~ ? thanks a lot !! :)

It should be in the bottom of the list.

Any chance of getting overclock?

You could probably try using Overclock Kernel patch used with HDCR.ROM. I don't use OCs but if anyone is willing to test it, and confirm it's working I'll add that to post #1 too.

can you give me the rom ? I can't downland in CHINA..THANKS
Uploading to a chinese server, I'll post new links soon.

Whether the bluetooth can work or not??
Bluetooth works, but the file transfer (OBEX) isn't supported.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

MondoROM is based on HCDR.ROM by HCDR.Jacob and uses a slightly modified Black Theme from 2.1 by JoOoS. Now with Suave icons.

001.png
    002.png
    003.png

Functionality
    • su + Superuser (updated to v2.3.6.1)
    • Kernel with BFS313
    • Busybox
    • Apps2SD
    • Market v2.3.4 patched
    • Java Box
    • Sense UI
    • Facebook application
    • Wireless Tethering
    • Voice Search
    • Device Status Widget
    • New Wallpapers and Boot animation
    • Suave icons
    • Power Control Widget Mod
    • Offline HTML Viewer

Languages
    It supports English, Français, Italiano, Español, Nederlands, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Português, Norsk bokmål, Dansk, Svenska, Čeština, Polski, Русский, 中文 (臺灣), 中文 (中华人民共和国), Српски, Shqip, Latviešu.

This ROM is ready to be translated to new languages, so please, join our localization project @ Google Code. To see what languages are being translated at the moment, see #2. Let's integrate strings, and show them what WWE really means!

What else?
    Everything should work fine, Apps2SD work on an EXT3 partition, if you have this partition the script will run automatically. If you're flashing for the first time, WIPE BEFORE FLASHING!
    Camera and FM Radio work, since it's 1.6 based.

Remember to do a Nandroid backup before flashing and if you experience any problems, try a full wipe and re-flash to see if they persist before leaving a comment.

I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE, INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!

DOWNLOAD

v0.2
    Dropbox, OpenDrive, Hotfile, Uploading.com, RapidShare, zSHARE, DepositFiles, Badongo, MegaUpload

Size: ~89,3 MB (93.694.811 bytes)
    MD5: 9d3779e3df0a6284a363e7b701caff17
    SH1: 03850a982ca3735936af621e32b41f0aa8616b53
    CRC32: 8b95b1aa

v0.1
    Dropbox, 4shared, RapidShare, zSHARE, DepositFiles, Badongo, MegaUpload, 115.com

如果您从中国站下载遇到问题,请使用该链接.

Size: ~85.6MB (89.758.967 bytes)
    MD5: 98976c4998404b204ff25799795b1a5d
    SHA1: 4D31B78505B337DB0904A07A596201E307333C9C

If you like this ROM, and you want to help me, DONATE.

Important links
    Have in mind that this is the first release, and probably a lot of stuff to change.
    To-do list for upcoming release and changelog in #2
    Latest market patch

Hello all

I have just patched latest market (v2.2.11) for donut and tested to work fine on donut.
    This one doesn't have any download problems i have observed earlier with v2.2.7
    Could any one be interested to check it out on your ROM and let me know how it is doing

Cheers

EDIT: sorry lost the attachment, re attached the zip file
    Important
    • In case you used Eclair or Froyo, and then switched to MondoROM your GPS might not work. Try booting to recovery, wiping and flashing again. If that fails the only solution is to UNROOT back to Stock ROM then ROOT again and flash MondoROM.
    • If you wish to use Apps2SD you can't take your SD Card out. Seems that when I put it back in, after one reboot, it shows the applications, but they all force close. I'll try to update Apps2SD in the next release, hoping that it will resolve the issue, but if any of you know more about this let me know.

Current private build: 0.3-pre6 (0.7.5)

Planned for 0.3 (Codename: Proud Son Of The Übersex Polyglot, Which Also Happens To Be A Polyglot, And Makes Übersex To You) or simply Cletus.
    • More languages
    • Device Status Widget mod -- changing the style to black
    • New wallpapers in gallery
    • MMS.apk mod -- adding avatars and contact pictures
    • Adding Arabic layout and strings
    • Further UI modification -- Browser.apk, Notification bar icons, and such
    • Update applications
    • Update Apps2SD

Languages planned / % done / translators
    • Serbian (српски) tier0 ~40% | markokikinda
    • Albanian (Shqip) tier0 ~40% | KrisInfinity
    • Latvian (latviešu) tier0 ~90% | einaarsd
    • Estonian (eesti keel) tier0 | allanadamso
    • Japanese (日本語) | 75% | need translators
    • Korean (한국어) |- 80% | need translators

Post your requests, I'll see what I can do.

Changelog:
    0.1 (0.5.3) - 25.11.2010. - Initial release
    0.2 (0.6.9) - 7.3.2011. - Oh yea!
    Patched marketv2.2.7 for donut

Hi friends,
    I was testing some things on stock donut ROM yesterday and found that market was updated to recent version.
    So extracted Vending.apk patched to install on donut ROMs.
    I have tested this on MondoROM and it works.
    Attached is the zip file just flash it in recovery (do a nandriod backup - for safety)
    Let me know how it works
    Could some one test if patching works ( i get 1847 results with video with new version)
    Let me know how many you are getting with your existing version.
    Thanks

NOTE: Experienced a weird problem
    Tried to update all and everything stuck at starting download
    Then signed in to googletalk and everything went fine (discussed in the following thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=790611)
    As per following post it is associated with UK users; http://androinica.com/2010/06/07/how-to-fix-uk-android-market-download-and-gmail-log-in-errors/
    If some one want to look in to it i have attached unmodified apk

EDIT2: Many users experienced same problem as me.
    So attached the previous market patch, flash it via recovery
    As Android development is progressing, Donut has became useless.

That's why I decided that MondoROM will not be developed further on.

I would like to thank everyone that helped, especially my translators, guys you're the best.

I hope I'll start working on Mondo2 soon, or something like that.

Cheers,
    marxo.