Google drive?

Search This thread

frigidazzi

Apr 21, 2011
Nexus Player
OnePlus 5
What are people thoughts? Only used the Android version so far, but I see no folders Or way to see my items without just showing all... Free space x my 4 gmail accounts will be good. It's 5gb free for anytime wondering.

Attachments

• SC20120424-093023.jpg
    SC20120424-093023.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 408

rujelus22

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2007
Reno, NV
www.rujelus22.com
Does this require an invite? If it does can someone pop me one at sgoldfein@gmail.com or send me a link to it?

No invite needed just go to https://drive.google.com/

What are people thoughts? Only used the Android version so far, but I see no folders Or way to see my items without just showing all... Free space x my 4 gmail accounts will be good. It's 5gb free for anytime wondering.

It takes awhile to sync the first time then you will see all your stuff

Onumis

Nov 18, 2010
I'm really enjoying it. I've been getting my Android back stuff on there and my photos. You can't hide folders but they are set to private with access granted by other users email addresses being added to view your folder.

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
I was browsing the Nexus S forums and found this in a thread about google drive, you guys might find it interesting..

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/how-far-does-google-drives-terms-go-in-owning-your-files/75228

The terms that scare me, also from the Nexus S thread:

Google Drive — Terms

“Your Content in our Services: When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content.

The rights that you grant in this licence are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This licence continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing that you have added to Google Maps).”

frigidazzi

Apr 21, 2011
Nexus Player
OnePlus 5
50 GB from drive is nice I agree, but I rarely use it because of the file size limitation...

So on Drive the problem I have with is the android app kind of sucks. I don't need the alphabet showing me where I'm at between files. It makes it show a lot fewer files at a time.. I want just a file explorer kind of view. I need the ability to add folders. And the worse thing is where are the files after I make them available offline? Like if I store android files and then make them offline for phone use I can't access them outside of the drive app unless I'm missing something.

Things that will change in time I'm sure, but for now since I primarily use my android devices over PC I have still been using drop box mostly other than to est stuff.

Everyday Legend

May 1, 2012
This Beach, Florida
I was browsing the Nexus S forums and found this in a thread about google drive, you guys might find it interesting..

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/how-far-does-google-drives-terms-go-in-owning-your-files/75228

Google Drive — Terms

“Your Content in our Services: When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content.

The rights that you grant in this licence are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This licence continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing that you have added to Google Maps).”

Wow, those terms are pretty scary...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yes, they are. Very Billy The Kid from Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure -

"What I win, I keep, what you win, I keep."

-- click accept TOS --

"Sounds good, Mr. The Kid!"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Google Drive — Terms

Wow, those terms are pretty scary...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk