[ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly

Search This thread

fk.gregor

Feb 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Re: [ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 10.1 - Nightly / M-Series / Stable Release (Jan)

Does anyone know how to use the emoticons on the CM10?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

fk.gregor

Feb 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Re: [ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 10.1 - Nightly / M-Series / Stable Release (Jan)

I guess what I mean is the Unicode emojis. Is that like me downloading apps that add the to my keyboard?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008

My Starbucks app and Tapatalk crash on startup after the 2/19 builds...

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008

Seems crazy until you realize I'm using the newest builds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

xI mEzMeRiZe Ix

Jun 6, 2011

You said 2/19. That was an old build considering you posted that comment yesterday, 2/23. Nothing can be done to fix old nightlies. Any fixes are in a newer nightly, which may come with a new set of things to be fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011

Ok I've seen something about a different gapps earlier and something about deleting a certain gallery to use the hdr camera, just wanted to ask, with the newest nightly, is that still the only way to use it?

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Ok I've seen something about a different gapps earlier and something about deleting a certain gallery to use the hdr camera, just wanted to ask, with the newest nightly, is that still the only way to use it?

It's not related to the nightly. The standard gapps package replaces the CM gallery. I think if you delete the gallery and re-flash the nightly, you should get the CM gallery back with HDR.

Royal2000H

Apr 12, 2010
I'm going to finally rid myself of my outdated Bugless Beast and am now going for something more feature filled than stock (but I want to maintain stability / speed).

Is CM right for me? (I think people are saying so on RW)... and should I go for latest nightly or M build?

Best way to flash just zip in CWM or should I get something like rom manager / goomanager?

JPBeard21

Aug 19, 2008
Lacombe, LA

I'm going to finally rid myself of my outdated Bugless Beast and am now going for something more feature filled than stock (but I want to maintain stability / speed).

Is CM right for me? (I think people are saying so on RW)... and should I go for latest nightly or M build?

Best way to flash just zip in CWM or should I get something like rom manager / goomanager?

CM is great. Go with the monthly stable release if you want stability or try the latest nightly if you're feeling like you want the latest features. I've had no real issues on any of the latest nightlies through the 18th. Suggestion is to backup and flash and try for yourself. It will take a day or two to let it all set in and get a feel for battery life and performance (when you want a FAST A** ROM packed with features try Project Elite ;) )

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011

Where is the gallery file u need to delete?

808phoneaddict

Dec 26, 2011

You can copy Gallery2 from the nightly build and keep both

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

And so i got to check out the hdr camera, I don't see the big deal, it took 3 photos, one after another, then it ended with one picture in the gallery, one blurry one....whats the deal? Lol

bsmitty83

Apr 22, 2012
Detroit

And so i got to check out the hdr camera, I don't see the big deal, it took 3 photos, one after another, then it ended with one picture in the gallery, one blurry one....whats the deal? Lol

Lol I had the same reaction....

Edit: just read that CyanogenMod recommends a bipod or tripod otherwise the slight hand movement s will blur the 3 overlapped pics.... I get what its supposed to do but its Far from functional for me
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: 808phoneaddict

wund3rground

Sep 13, 2012
Fort Worth, TX

Lol I had the same reaction....

Edit: just read that CyanogenMod recommends a bipod or tripod otherwise the slight hand movement s will blur the 3 overlapped pics.... I get what its supposed to do but its Far from functional for me

Yeah, because I'm gonna buy a tripod for my cell camera, screw my cannon dslr...

Reactions: jumpman1229

bsmitty83

Apr 22, 2012
Detroit

OK, I can see some instances when this function could be useful but for the most part since the camera has to be rock steady to get a good picture its not much of a help chasing my year old daughter around snapping pics , I love cm and what they do but I was really bummed by this new camera , but then again if I wanted a nice camera on my phone I wouldn't have bought a Nexus :D

BTW: just typed that using the stock swipe KB for the first time , not bad ...

lesclark

Jun 15, 2012

Is anyone having problems with WIFI connection on wake? Shows connected but is grayed out and will not connect to the Internet. Off/On everything OK.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: Ammontj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11

Code:
     [COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.[/COLOR]

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/toro/next

INSTRUCTIONS:

- First time flashing CM 11 to your Galaxy Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Do a Nandroid backup!
    2. FULL WIPE (Data, cache, and dalvik cache)
    3. Install the ROM
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM 11

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    3. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?

- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred

NIGHTLY BUILDS

Are HIGHLY experimental. Do not post issues to the issue tracker. Chances are the CM team already knows about the issue and are working to fix it. Be patient flash the next nightly. Complaning about battery life or any number of issues will not change a thing as to that these are EXPERIMENTAL builds!!!

M-Series

Something we have learned over the past few months is that if you don’t release, someone else will do it for you. Since we are open-source, we absolutely encourage it! Unfortunately, the quality of unofficial builds can vary, and we are serious about quality. Of course nightlies are always available, but we realized that having something that is a bit more stable on a more frequent basis is important. Starting now, we are rolling out our M-Series releases. M-Series builds will be done at the beginning of every month. We did a soft freeze of the code base for the last week, blocking new features in order to stabilize. Our plan is to continue this (assuming that the response is good) up until stable release, and onward.

We aren't exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.

M-Series builds will be available under the EXPERIMENTAL tag. The filename will include the date stamp as well as the M version. These builds should be stable enough for daily use, and we encourage feedback and bug reports.

RELEASE CANDIDATE

Everything is believed to be working at the time of release.

THE FOLLOWING ISSUES ARE NOT CM PROBLEMS, AND CAN NOT BE FIXED IN CM:

* Force closes / "boot loops" / bad permissions / etc when using Titanium Backup
    * Non-working third-party camera apps that access the camera incorrectly via native code
    * Battery usage/bluetooth/wifi/rebooting/etc problems while using a third-party kernel
    * Bugs w/ Google apps
    * Bugs w/ the recovery image (i.e., turning the screen on when you charge from off)

DOWNLOADS:

CM 11.0 Nightly

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=toro

GAPPS:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    I spoke with our maintainer late yesterday and he's looking into it. These are nightlies, you have to expect things not to work at times. We're fortunate that our maintainer is more responsive than some others I've seen in the past.

Just a quick update. It's definitely an issue with telephony and it looks like its related to this commit: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/48680/

I also noticed d2vzw is experiencing data switching issues which have been reported on toro as well. They're asking for a revert of the above commit here: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/48873/

I passed all this along to our maintainer. He's going to confirm that this fixes all the issues and then push a revert or fix, whichever is most appropriate.

GAPPS:

If you can't find these yourself you may want to reconsider flashing anything at all to your phone.

wow, that's pretty dickish. Considering the plethora of different JB gapps packages floating around, many of which have serious issues (ie, calendar sync), wouldn't it just be easier to link to a known working copy than to be snarky about it?
    See, this is why the CM dev team can sometimes suck. Do we ants on a hill here in toroland have any idea that the CM devs even know we have an issue, and we've even helped them by figuring out what it is, and it hasn't been fixed in the week since they broke it? :mad:

I spoke with our maintainer late yesterday and he's looking into it. These are nightlies, you have to expect things not to work at times. We're fortunate that our maintainer is more responsive than some others I've seen in the past.
    Don't kill me, just asking-

What's the fuss on MMS? I think I have sent 3 in 3 years. Everyone has a smartphone nowadays so emailing a photo works just as well, without carrier fees.

Can't get nudes if we can't dl the message, duh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4