[Q] I can´t install roms

Search This thread

winqzero

Mar 28, 2014
Hello everybody,

I need help with my HTC vivid device, I can't install roms,

many time I tried to finish to install any rom,the device only show on the boot screen the HTC LOGO and the white background:crying:, no more...

the only rom that i can install is a original rom from the Ruu's source... I have my rooted phone ... always showme on the recovery screen a error called '' a eMMC error '' example: E: can't (mount , writte, whatever) on emmc/bklpl09 ) more or less is a error ..

I need fix it problem , please helpme

projectisaac

Jan 7, 2014
Hello everybody,

many time I tried to finish to install any rom,the device only show on the boot screen the HTC LOGO and the white background:crying:, no more...

the only rom that i can install is a original rom from the Ruu's source... I have my rooted phone ... always showme on the recovery screen a error called '' a eMMC error '' example: E: can't (mount , writte, whatever) on emmc/bklpl09 ) more or less is a error ..

Just verifying: are you are always flashing a new boot.img using fastboot whenflashing a new rom?

sway8966

Mar 17, 2012
Odessa
Hello everybody,

Some time when your downloaded rom is corrupted you could get that kind of error. Sometime the recovery program could not access the extSD card you could get it too.
After you download the rom check whether it is corrupted or not. Some rom developer posted their md5 for their rom. In that case check the md5.
You could transfer the file to internal storage if you think your extSD card has an error.
Do the clean install every time ( wipe/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, etc..)
When I upgrade my vivid to CM 11 from CM 10 I had to flash it twice to work.

dat-hero-guy

May 19, 2014
Berea, KY
Hello everybody,

Is your HTC-Vivid fully rooted? A fully rooted Vivid will show "S-OFF" at the HBOOT screen. (HBOOT is the screen that comes up when you hold DOWN VOLUME and POWER).

If your Vivid is "S-ON" you will need to be sure to flash the boot.img file using flashboot with every ROM install. If you are S-ON, are you flashing the boot.img from the ROM you are trying to install?

projectisaac

Jan 7, 2014
Is your HTC-Vivid fully rooted? A fully rooted Vivid will show "S-OFF" at the HBOOT screen. (HBOOT is the screen that comes up when you hold DOWN VOLUME and POWER).

If your Vivid is "S-ON" you will need to be sure to flash the boot.img file using flashboot with every ROM install. If you are S-ON, are you flashing the boot.img from the ROM you are trying to install?

While you are correct about needing to flash boot.IMG while you are s-on, being s-off or on has nothing to do with rooting your phone. It is a completely different thing, and only required to modify partitions of your phone which could cause a hard brick if you do something wrong.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using XDA Free mobile app

dat-hero-guy

May 19, 2014
Berea, KY
While you are correct about needing to flash boot.IMG while you are s-on, being s-off or on has nothing to do with rooting your phone. It is a completely different thing, and only required to modify partitions of your phone which could cause a hard brick if you do something wrong.

Really? I was told that certain ROM features wouldn't function without access to the secure partition. Hardware stuff like over/underclocking. Is that not true?

projectisaac

Jan 7, 2014
Over clocking and underclocking have nothing to do with s-off. Besides mucking with the radio, the only things that s-off really let you do is easily unlock your sim, and make a new boot screen (for example, I have a picture of the crab nebula instead of an HTC splash screen). And of course automatically and directly flash the kernel (boot.IMG) from the zip file your ROM is in.

Reactions: dat-hero-guy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Over clocking and underclocking have nothing to do with s-off. Besides mucking with the radio, the only things that s-off really let you do is easily unlock your sim, and make a new boot screen (for example, I have a picture of the crab nebula instead of an HTC splash screen). And of course automatically and directly flash the kernel (boot.IMG) from the zip file your ROM is in.