Possible to auto power on Android from off state when electricity is turned on?

Search This thread

kiwasabi

Sep 2, 2013
I've seen this question asked to death already, but there were some glimmers of hope that this might be possible. I have made an Android based arcade machine that I want to sell to operators. They are accustomed to having an arcade machine boot up from one switch, and they also like to be able to leave that switch on so they can just turn on and off all machines with a surge protector switch or light switch. It doesn't seem possible to just have a simple binary ON/OFF switch for the K-R42, so I have to do it by having everything hooked up to a surge protector. Problem is that if I turn off the Android box by turning off the surge protector, I can't turn it back on that way. I'd like to find a way to have the Android device power on automatically from the off state when electricity is restored (sort of like the turn on after power failure option in Windows BIOS). I had read that this may be doable in the BOOTLOADER, is that true?

kiwasabi

Sep 2, 2013
It's seeming this functionality may be limited to Samsung and Nexus devices. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.