Apps to SD from Sony

Search This thread

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Wasn't too sure if this was old hat or a new development as I've been using Foldermount for my apps 2 SD solutions.

GSM arena are reporting that a recent update will allow movement of apps to the SD card, they've also stated that this update is for the T2 variant and isn't available for the Z series but if a mod could take this and make it available for the Z series then it'd be a nice addition to our phones.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_phones_getting_move_to_sd_card_via_latest_update-news-9058.php

electrash

Aug 31, 2011
Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
Why do you need it.
Pictures, music and videos are on SD card.
If you instal Huge games it will instal around 50-100mb on phone, and everything else on sd card (knows as SD Data).
You want about half of google play on your phone?

atomskasarma

Apr 8, 2011
And what if I do? Is it better to have that option or not to? If I wanted limited Iphone or WP i would buy it at the first place!?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: dlads
isn't sd data is when you could install app to sd?? given that now we don't have install app to sd, we don't have sd data?? so in that regards.... i think most games now are 1+ gb, so all that takes up storage on your internal. doesn't it? and we start off with.... 11gbs left? so assuming not everybody but some ppl that owns large games they could install about 10 games at most?

Last edited:

electrash

Aug 31, 2011
Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
Correction, why do YOU need it, and who are you to tell others what they personally need or don't need

First of all, dont be so arogant on forum.
I didnt tell him that "he dont need it" i asked why he need it.
So many users come to play backsit modding of forum.
After you read it, ask your self "who are you to STOP me from asking simple question". If you dont like it, dont answer it and report of you mean that offended you.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

crixley

May 25, 2012
After you read it, ask your self "who are you to STOP me from asking simple question". If you dont like it, dont answer it and report of you mean that offended you.

He is offering a solution for people...

You ate being rude "you want half of Google play on your phone"

If you aren't interested why even bother commenting aside from being snide?

Report me all you like, I'm not playing mod at all I just think you're being ridiculous considering the person is just trying to help others.

I have data I would like to free up. Dead trigger alone takes up 1/2 a GB.

Gemc666

Feb 27, 2011
Why do you need it.
If you instal Huge games it will instal around 50-100mb on phone, and everything else on sd card (knows as SD Data).

That's wrong, huge games like san andreas, MC4 or Real racing 3 (in fact every game and application) install data on Memory, since on the Z serie there's 2 Sd cards, being main the phone memory

so you have Sd/0 and Sd/1, SD/0 is your phone memory and the one the apps/games use for data install, take out your SD memory and your apps will work fine since there's no data on it

Reactions: dlads and crixley

crixley

May 25, 2012
That's wrong, huge games like san andreas, MC4 or Real racing 3 (in fact every game and application) install data on Memory, since on the Z serie there's 2 Sd cards, being main the phone memory

so you have Sd/0 and Sd/1, SD/0 is your phone memory and the one the apps/games use for data install, take out your SD memory and your apps will work fine since there's no data on it

Exactly...

It hasn't been the other way for a long time now.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Why do you need it.

Thats absolutely not true, when you install the likes of a gameloft game or an EA game, they're in sdcard0/Android/obb or android/data, these are both on internal memory, people who are rooted have relied heavily on apps such as folder mount for their gaming needs and the want to take the brunt of large install away from their internal memory, being at 16GB or less as it appears on android if you install 5 large games you'll see that your memory is very very low, using foldemount eradicates the need for your internal memory to be used up.

The reason I mentioned this features is because using foldermount and the like are all third party apps which people would go without if it were possible.

I don't need half of google on my phone no, not at all, i'll repeat what i said first so you understand, If you install five, (not fifty) just five large games then your internal memory is nearly full.

My install of GT Racing 2 900MB, my Real Racing 3 installation was over 1GB for certain, fifa i've seen go to over 1.5GB, it soon racks up. 100MB would be candy crush, i personally don't bother with the likes of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: atomskasarma

BLiapis

Dec 20, 2009
What a bag of turd some people are. Although its of no surprise. Its us, the bright human race at all. Ofcourse we need to ne able move or straight up install apps to SD. For the people who have reasons of their own against it, there's a new flash for you: dont use ot

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
@mneu777 I wrote that in the OP m8 :) But wouldn't it be nice if you didn't need a third party app? I use folder mount myself too, but would be nice if a third party app wasn't needed, eventually companies like Sony may actually notice that their high end phones have nowhere near enough memory in them for the apps that are available today, personally I think 32GB is a perfect allocation of internal memory, all flagships should give this much. Sony, Samsung and now HTC are all 16GB ( the models that I have to buy from here in the UK anyway)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chocolatetrain

diabolus81

Jun 14, 2010
That mod will be very nice !
I have a 2 gps programs ( i know there will be questons why 2 ? answer: becouse i need it !! :) ) and i use folder mount. It's working on games and other programs but not on my gps...i don't know why :( so 2 gps = 7 Gigs on internal :( and this mod for me will life save...

regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wasn't too sure if this was old hat or a new development as I've been using Foldermount for my apps 2 SD solutions.

GSM arena are reporting that a recent update will allow movement of apps to the SD card, they've also stated that this update is for the T2 variant and isn't available for the Z series but if a mod could take this and make it available for the Z series then it'd be a nice addition to our phones.

Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_phones_getting_move_to_sd_card_via_latest_update-news-9058.php
    Why do you need it on Z series?

Correction, why do YOU need it, and who are you to tell others what they personally need or don't need
    Why do you need it.

And what if I do? Is it better to have that option or not to? If I wanted limited Iphone or WP i would buy it at the first place!?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

He is offering a solution for people...

You ate being rude "you want half of Google play on your phone"

If you aren't interested why even bother commenting aside from being snide?

Report me all you like, I'm not playing mod at all I just think you're being ridiculous considering the person is just trying to help others.

I have data I would like to free up. Dead trigger alone takes up 1/2 a GB.