[Q] Defective device or expected inconsistency?

Search This thread

TheRealJobe

Jul 28, 2007
Hey folks,

At what time do we think about calling something defective? I'm experiencing some 'less than ideal' and inconsistent issues.
Sprint said they will replace the device in 14days if I can convince them its defective...

I'm not sure if it is, or if this is just a LG G3 standard operation issue(s):

1.)With the phone off, charging from 0-100% both the phone and the charger become warm( or IMHO hot) to the touch.
2.)Post some game play (Brave frontier) the top of the phone became as hot while it was charging and now when viewing a white image I see a slight yellow hue in the top area where the phone was warm, and a slight browning/darkening in the mid-right of the screen (both are not easily noticed during regular usage.)

3.)20mins of Youtube on Wifi, at 60% brightness, costs me 40% battery life.
4.)Conversely, 45min of audio only cost me 2% battery life.
5.)In the same room battery life can drop with SOT, no user apps usage, from 1% every 6min, at other times 1% every 10min.

6.)Unable to send text, even in coverage areas about 50% of the time, but can always receive them
7.)Phone displaying MIP and data connection lost errors (while connected to Wifi) on the regular even in the same room with an S3 and S5 showing no issues.

Thoughts?

OUTbrain

Feb 4, 2010
Yes..its defective. There are bad and even worse units out there. My first g3 suffers to random shutdowns so I return it. Second g3 suffers to random shutdown too, but I realize that new one newer gets too hot, have a significantly better display, battery life is much better etc.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EpicChineseTime

Jan 29, 2014
Genova
Hey folks,

At what time do we think about calling something defective? I'm experiencing some 'less than ideal' and inconsistent issues.
Sprint said they will replace the device in 14days if I can convince them its defective...

I'm not sure if it is, or if this is just a LG G3 standard operation issue(s):

1.)With the phone off, charging from 0-100% both the phone and the charger become warm( or IMHO hot) to the touch.
2.)Post some game play (Brave frontier) the top of the phone became as hot while it was charging and now when viewing a white image I see a slight yellow hue in the top area where the phone was warm, and a slight browning/darkening in the mid-right of the screen (both are not easily noticed during regular usage.)

3.)20mins of Youtube on Wifi, at 60% brightness, costs me 40% battery life.
4.)Conversely, 45min of audio only cost me 2% battery life.
5.)In the same room battery life can drop with SOT, no user apps usage, from 1% every 6min, at other times 1% every 10min.

6.)Unable to send text, even in coverage areas about 50% of the time, but can always receive them
7.)Phone displaying MIP and data connection lost errors (while connected to Wifi) on the regular even in the same room with an S3 and S5 showing no issues.

Thoughts?
I think your unit is defective...
I just watched over 15minutes of video on youtube (1080p) and my battery just dropped from 4% to 3%...

Sent from from my LG-D855