[MOD][XPOSED] SwypeTweaks v1.5.1 [10 September, 15] [Not Actively Developed]

Search This thread

bodhisattvah

May 19, 2014
micahmedia.com
What are you looking for it to do that Swype doesn't do natively?

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
I'm on a Note 3 and near sighted, so screen real estate is more important to me than keyboard size. XCoolDroid does this for the Google keyboard (pics attached). I want it shorter, but a general height adjustment is super useful for both directions. For example, my gf is visually impaired and a taller keyboard (like the default Google keyboard size) would help her.

Screenshot_2015-03-25-14-22-29.png

Screenshot_2015-03-25-14-20-17.png

Screenshot_2015-03-25-14-18-20.png

(Sorry for the gigantic images--I don't know how to scale them down on this board!)

MonkeyTime

Nov 20, 2011
I'm on a Note 3 and near sighted, so screen real estate is more important to me than keyboard size. XCoolDroid does this for the Google keyboard (pics attached). I want it shorter, but a general height adjustment is super useful for both directions. For example, my gf is visually impaired and a taller keyboard (like the default Google keyboard size) would help her.

(Sorry for the gigantic images--I don't know how to scale them down on this board!)

The images aren't loading for me on tapatalk, I'll try looking at the computer tonight.

Have you tried changing the settings in Swype to adjust the height?

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.

I see what you saying about the height adjustment from the Google keyboard. But how can anyone Swype on the tiny keyboard. Unless you're a thumb tap input person? Idk
Anyway maybe if the dev feels it's feasible then he might be able to implement it into the module..

The images aren't loading for me on tapatalk, I'll try looking at the computer tonight.

Have you tried changing the settings in Swype to adjust the height?

They should show up in tapa now as I fixed the pics in his post.

Last edited:
Reactions: bodhisattvah

Namelesswonder

Jan 26, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro

You can use the Xposed module "App Settings" to change the DPI of Swype to something more like ~430, but you can test around values like that. It'll make the keyboard smaller and you can combine this with the height adjustment to get a nice small keyboard. Let me take a screenshot really quick.

uMLZG2S.png

3hwGItL.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bodhisattvah

bodhisattvah

May 19, 2014
micahmedia.com
You can use the Xposed module "App Settings" to change the DPI of Swype to something more like ~430, but you can test around values like that. It'll make the keyboard smaller and you can combine this with the height adjustment to get a nice small keyboard. Let me take a screenshot really quick.

Huh, so I had tried that on the version of Swype that was included with my phone (SMN900) way back, and it changed the scale of the keyboard in two dimensions, and not the scale of the keyboard skin. In other words, I ended up with a keyboard that appeared the same, but with buttons that didn't line up at all with what was on the screen. Soooo, I wrote off using App Settings with Swype.

But just for the heck of it, I just tried it on the version of Swype that's in the Play store...AND IT WORKS! Brilliant! Thanks so much!

But how can anyone Swype on the tiny keyboard

Well, it's not so tiny on a Note! ; D

Last edited:

skyline_kid

May 15, 2013
@Danation just wanted to let you know that on the Xposed alpha for 5.1, Swype won't open with this module enabled. I'm not sure if it's a problem with this version of Xposed being very experimental or this module but I just wanted to let you know so you could look into it. I've tried doing full and soft reboots but nothing happens.

Reactions: Danation

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
@Danation just wanted to let you know that on the Xposed alpha for 5.1, Swype won't open with this module enabled. I'm not sure if it's a problem with this version of Xposed being very experimental or this module but I just wanted to let you know so you could look into it. I've tried doing full and soft reboots but nothing happens.

I don't have a 5.1 device, unfortunately. Does anything SwypeTweaks related appear in the log?

skyline_kid

May 15, 2013
Hm. I see this:

Code:
Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x8 in tid 7777 (uance.swype.dtc)

But I'm not entirely sure what that's about. I'll do a little poking around to see what it might be.

Everything else seems like exceptions from a theme mod (sg.ruqqq.Unicon.Mod)

Yeah that's from a module called Unicon. Swype works perfectly fine with it enabled though.

Boal

Apr 22, 2010
Munich
I don't have a crash with 5.1, but SwypeTweaks also doesn't do anything. I just want to change the colours, and there's no effect. Unfortunately, there is nothing noteworthy in logcat either. Or maybe I'm not seeing it, so here's a grep -ni swype of logcat:

Code:
6225:I/Timeline( 2850): Timeline: Activity_launch_request id:com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks time:6041079
6226:I/ActivityManager(  837): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks/.SettingsActivity (has extras)} from uid 10167 on display 0
6227:V/WindowManager(  837): addAppToken: AppWindowToken{2d4ab0a0 token=Token{eb235a3 ActivityRecord{2cce70d2 u0 com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks/.SettingsActivity t4642}}} to stack=1 task=4642 at 0
6228:I/ActivityManager(  837): Start proc 30714:com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks/u0a216 for activity com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks/.SettingsActivity
6230:V/WindowManager(  837): Adding window Window{10c3d5c9 u0 Starting com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks} at 10 of 16 (after Window{c8b0610 u0 com.dwdesign.tweetings/com.dwdesign.tweetings.activity.HomeActivity})
6519:V/WindowManager(  837): Adding window Window{1527abc0 u0 com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks/com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks.SettingsActivity} at 10 of 17 (before Window{10c3d5c9 u0 Starting com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks})
6527:I/ActivityManager(  837): Displayed com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks/.SettingsActivity: +1s869ms
6528:I/Timeline(  837): Timeline: Activity_windows_visible id: ActivityRecord{2cce70d2 u0 com.danation.xposed.swypetweaks/.SettingsActivity t4642} time:6042998

Likort

Feb 13, 2014
Cologne
I tried to use this mod, but each time when the boot process finished (no real bootloop happening), shortly after the UI starts getting drawn, the boot process starts over again (so technically a boot->crash?->boot loop still).

HTC Desire S (saga)
Cyanogenmod 12-20150425-UNOFFICIAL-saga
Android 5.0.2

xposed-arm-20150308
XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha2

SwypeTweaks 1.4.0

rv5750

Apr 1, 2013
Guys, the new update (v 1.9) is good.
The following sentence is taken from Play Store's What's New section.

- Easy number entry - tapping on keys that have numbers as secondary characters will provide a number / symbol suggestion (ex: tapping “ejqp” suggests “3:10", "swpp" suggests "$200")

When you press qwer, it suggests 1234 in the prediction bar. See the attached screenshot. This basically replaces the need for a number row. This is simply the best feature in a long time. Well done, Swype.
efa92a6c47fca0d64a37c8137976a81b.jpg

Reactions: alaskajoel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Feb 19, 2017: Hey guys. I know it's been forever since I posted. I keep thinking I'll eventually get back to working on this, but it just hasn't happened. The problem is time and patience. Digging through disassembled code is tedious and very time consuming, so I haven't been able to devote the time or drum up the motivation to work more on it.

So it's official: I'm not planning any active development on this for the foreseeable future. If I ever decide to work on it more, I'll post an update here. Also, if anybody wants to contribute, I'll happily accept Pull Requests on GitHub, push releases, etc.

Introduction:

Swype is an amazing IME, and it has been my favorite for a long time. However, it has some faults. The biggest annoyance is voice dictation: Dragon is forced on you and there is no good way to use Google's superior voice recognition.

This module opens the Google voice typing input when you hit the voice button. It should act just like any other keyboard that has a voice button.

Additionally, there are options to change some colors and other tweaks.

This should work with all recent versions of Swype, including OEM, Google Play paid, Google Play trial, etc. If you have any problems, please let me know.

Download:

SwypeTweaks at repo.xposed.info

This app requires Xposed.

You also need Google Voice Search installed.

Issues:

None that I know of, currently.

What's Next:

I can only really work on this during weekends, so updates won't be extremely fast, but I'll do my best.

Here are the next features I'm attempting, in order:
    1. Get rid of all orange (In progress.)
    2. Much more flexible key remapping

Features I am considering and investigating:
    • Customize gestures
    • Pop up a toast message/notification when a gesture is used.
    • Layout changes. This is likely to be too difficult.

Special thanks:

rovo89 for the Xposed Framework and also for helping me in the framework thread.
    alaskajoel for the great idea and for testing
    arpruss for the emoji disabling feature
    netkeion and francwalter for helping with the IME switching

Changelog:

• Removed some code that caused a disappearing microphone button for a user

• Lowered minimum time threshold for long pressing keys
    • Changed "Long press enter" to "long press speech key", since doing a long press on the enter key doesn't work anymore (thanks netkeion and francwalter)
    • Removed emoji disabler, since there is now a setting built into Swype.

• An option has been added to disable emoji in the word suggestion bar. This excellent feature was written by arpruss and is included in SwypeTweaks with arpruss's permission

• More color customization
    • Color pickers for changing color
    • Show microphone key instead of Dragon Flame when the replacement is enabled
    • Better performance for trace color change

• You can now change the trace color
    • Long pressing enter can change between keyboards
    • Better error handling

• This should now work with all recent versions of Swype (OEM, both Play Store versions, etc.) I changed the mechanism of how it launches Google Voice Recognition, so please let me know if this causes any problems. It should act exactly the same.
    • Added an option to launch the iWnn emoji keyboard when long pressing the Enter key (assuming iWnn is installed.)
    • Added settings activity to enable/disable features (more are planned.)

1.0.1 - Very minor update to allow this to work with the trial version of Swype.
    Also added better logging for support.

1.0 - Initial release

Source:

https://github.com/Danation/SwypeTweaks
    @Danation: are you still on board and busy or did you abandon this great project?
    Long time not a word from you here :(

I'm hoping he didn't Tbh..[emoji85]

I PM'ed him a few days ago but he didn't reply.
    I too hope that he doesn't abandon this module because this is my favourite module.

his last activity shows sometime back in september. I am inclined to say his involvement is done with. Bummer, really - this was the most useful mod for me.

I apologize for this. Life got too crazy for a while for me to work on hobbies. Thankfully it's starting to calm down a bit.

I'm also pretty disheartened at the gloomy outlook of Xposed on Lollipop. It sounds like the main developer is pretty burned out.

Having said that, my current plan IS to keep working on this when I can. I can't promise a timeline, but I promise I will not just completely disappear. If there's a time when I decide I'm done, I will let you know.

I also encourage contributions. My source code (as un-pretty as it is) is on Github.
    New version:

• More color customization
    • Color pickers for changing color
    • Show microphone key instead of Dragon Flame when the replacement is enabled
    • Better performance for trace color change

Note: If you already had a custom trace color, it will be lost and you'll need to set it again.
    Sorry I haven't posted for a bit.

So far, my trace color change attempts haven't been successful, but I'll keep trying.

For people having issues with the emoji keyboards, I think I'll solve this by making the settings more general. I'll see if I can have an option for selecting which IME to launch when long pressing enter.
    I guess this went to your spam folder.
    Any news?

As a matter of fact, there is! I just released a new version:

• You can now change the trace color
    • Long pressing enter can change between keyboards
    • Better error handling

Let me know how it goes :)