Attachments

• BlackTown5.3.mtz
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: nitinvaid

Breaksomeoff

Apr 22, 2012
Quick question.

As this is based on Samsung official, can I get away with just a wipe of the contacts, instead of a full factory wipe from an official rom? and will tw apps, like all share and memo still work?

Thanks

mixailo

Apr 1, 2010
Belgrade
Did anybody get magnifying glass text selector working? It was in the changelog but I can't seem to activate it.

Also, that black town theme always gives me a white sms list with a white font. In the screenshots the background is black. Tried rebooting and reapllaying, didn't help...

Last edited:

ArtoD2

Jun 19, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Based on what? You know cyanogen existed long before miui right? and up till v4, it was based on cm also. cm was the first rom I saw toggles in anyway

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

I'll take part also to the pissing contest. Add one player: How about HTC sense? They've had toggles also quite long time?

To be honest, this is quite pointless, but interesting "issue".

DastBunny

May 27, 2012
Vaasa
Tried to search, but I didn't find any answer, so I'll fire away.

Have the MIUI Music player/Spotify FC's and phone reboots been resolved in the newest release od MIUIv4? Ultimately reverted back to MIUI GB because of those problems..

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
Based on what? You know cyanogen existed long before miui right? and up till v4, it was based on cm also. cm was the first rom I saw toggles in anyway

Based on when I had nexus one miui had customisbale toggles in notification and it was later introduced by cm

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
I'll take part also to the pissing contest. Add one player: How about HTC sense? They've had toggles also quite long time?

To be honest, this is quite pointless, but interesting "issue".

Based on when I had nexus one miui had customisbale toggles in notification and it was later introduced by cm

Interesting indeed. I would actually like to know who was first, I want to recall I had toggles on some cm release back on my hero... But I could be wrong

After some research, touchwiz had toggles before sense

Last edited:

le_lutin

Dec 24, 2009
This. I can't seem to get it to work either?

Doesn't work for me. Seems like this feature wasn't included in the sgs2 build.

Does anyone also get lockups on the lockscreen? The screen lights up and you see the lockscreen but it doesn't respond? Pressing the power button twice to get the screen off and on again seems to fix it.

runedrune

Nov 6, 2010
Lahore

Does anyone also get lockups on the lockscreen? The screen lights up and you see the lockscreen but it doesn't respond? Pressing the power button twice to get the screen off and on again seems to fix it.

Siyah kernel?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

+1 also siyah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The I9100 V4 Beta from China

As you are aware, Galnet MIUI Scotland, are waiting on V4 to become more stable before we started to release them. Well now might just be the time! We have recently been giving access to the Internal V4 I9100 build, and wow, is all we can say!

Firstly we can say straight away, there is no Cyanogenmod coding to be found, this includes the Kernel, everything is on top of the Samsung Framework, which means that everything works out the box!

From playing around with it for the last hour, I’ve already seen the potential for further development, and this allows for more than just a few additional tweaks, this allows for Samsung applications to be added should the user base demand it.

There is English and Chinese translations already included, only a few minor translations are required, meaning it’s far easier to maintain. The default camera is that from Samsung, and there is also Samsung Media Scanner included, which means SD reading is super fast!

Sywpe is included as a keyboard option, and from what I’ve seen and messed around with, the Music player is so sweet, MIUI have really gone to town!

The main advantage of MIUI over CM now seems to be the fact that once Samsung patches firmware issues, we can only assume that MIUI will patch it instantly, this mean no more waiting for things to be fixed, or hours of work from me trying to find where the fault is…!

Oh and one thing I really like, is MIUI have removed all the Samsung branding, meaning it truly feels like ICS with the MIUI feel we have all come to love, this truly is a gorgeous rom, and I can only praise the Chinese Developers for what they have achieved.

I will end this post by providing some screenshots, I hope you like them:
    Screenshot_2012-03-07-14-52-52-180x300.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-07-14-54-20-180x300.png
    Screenshot_2012-03-07-14-53-39-180x300.png
    [/IMG]
    Screenshot_2012-03-07-14-53-27-180x300.png

Screenshot_2012-03-07-14-55-03-300x180.png

thanks for Galnet team for provide us a useful informtion about Miui v4

New lock screen for miui v4 with ICS look:
    sNOeX.png

its amazing :eek::eek:

new update :
    finely this Friday we will have official Miui v4 yay

source
    Well,

I'm back after 3 hours of reading raw logs and there is good and bad news.

The Good News
    I could not find any leaking of any Google related accounts at all. Even with non-default themes, no data was ever transmitted elsewhere besides Google and none of it was stored and sent later on. I waited for an hour and couldn't get any requests anywhere. That data is safe and however it happened for you must of been some freak accident un-related to Android.

The Bad News
    I'll be short. Your IMEI is leaked. Most companies if they need to use a unique hash they take your IMEI and one-way hash it, so to provide another level of security on top of your IMEI. Xiaomi however, uses your raw IMEI in their theme manager. See the below captured requests. Carriers need your IMEI, that is a given. MIUI isn't a carrier, but a ROM. No reason for them to be taking this data.

Code:
    [26/Nov/2012:22:01:11 +0000] "GET /thm/checkupdate?device=crespo&system=miui&fileshash=b04f3ee8f5e43fa3b162981b50bb72fe1acabb33&version=4.1.2_2.11.2&apk=14&imei=355266xxx299388 HTTP/1.1" 404 539 "-" "-"
    [26/Nov/2012:22:01:11 +0000] "GET /thm/recommendation/list/LockStyle?device=crespo&system=miui&version=4.1.2_2.11.2&apk=14&imei=355266xxx299388 HTTP/1.1" 404 539 "-" "-"
    [26/Nov/2012:22:01:11 +0000] "GET /thm/subject/index?system=miui&category=LockStyle&count=30&start=0&imei=355266xxx299388&device=crespo&version=4.1.2_2.11.2&apk=14 HTTP/1.1" 200 - "-" "-"

I thought about keeping that private and pushing Xiaomi to fix it privately, but once again I'm ignored as if this isn't a problem. So I'm taking it public. Hopefully the bad PR towards MIUI will get them to fix this.
    Good luck with that, I'll wait till its stable before switching.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2
    Thx, good to know. I just layed awake all night wondering about you and what you were going to do about Miui V4.
    Are they ever gonna fix the radio notification bar menu issue? Its so ugly it gets on my nerve.:thumbdown:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I messed with the radio apk. Its not great but the quick panel controls look better.
    Screenshot_2012-06-13-13-56-53.png

Here is the app if anyone wants it.
    So let me get this straight. Their are two MIUI samsung based roms right?
    The official MIUI which is here:http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/miui-rom-2-4-13-ics-gb.16162/
    And the Galnet MIUI build? of which i cannot find.
    Also, in ur opinion which one is better? :)
    thanks
    Adam.

No, there are **** loads of MIUI releases, that are all based on Official MIUI from China, http://en.miui.com/

You allready got one release, the MIUIAndroid one linked

There are:
    MIUIAndroid
    MIUIScotland (ex Galnet) http://miuiscotland.co.uk/site/
    Asnet http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1605655
    AdyScorpius (some ASOP stuff also) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1458382
    WIUI (Some CM stff) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352386
    RGUI_NDT http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1502664

Just to name few...