[Q] Huawei Ascend Y300 - Notification LED

Search This thread

s785

May 6, 2008
Hi,

I've recently picked up this great budget android phone and am very happy with it so far. Only problem is I can't get the notification LED to notify me of SMS, gmail, etc. It definitely exists because it lights up for charging but doesn't seem to light up/flash for any other event, which makes it hard to know if you have received anything without specifically checking.

Is this normal behaviour? Can I change it easily? I've not rooted the phone and would prefer not to, but will if it is safe and will fix this.

Thanks in advance!

Tomass0

Jan 5, 2013
I noticed the same thing with mine. I'm thinking its not actually a notification led but simply a charging led. You could try an led notification app from the play store and see if it will operate it.

*correction it is notification led. Skype and viber are flashing the led on mine.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

breaky9973

Dec 4, 2011
I have the same. I read on many forums that the notification led from their Y300 is working. Mine at the moment only is on when charging battery.

I wonder how to get this to work...

danyal241

Sep 18, 2012
[/COLOR]
I have the same. I read on many forums that the notification led from their Y300 is working. Mine at the moment only is on when charging battery.

I wonder how to get this to work...

I bought the phone a few days back. After running a few days on stock I flashed cm 10.2(android 4.3) in the cm settings I had the options for notifications. On the stock rom it didnt work but on cm it works like a charm. The ui is much better them emotion ui plus alot faster.

s785

May 6, 2008
Hi guys, update: I found that Light Flow app can control the LED and you can then set the notification behaviour for sms, calendar, etc etc. You do need to play with the settings, I can't remember exactly but i think it needs "direct mode" of control and various other tweaks to start working...