Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SPH-L520 HELP!

Search This thread

Samuraiblade

Mar 31, 2012
I made an incredibly stupid mistake and didn't notice what the actual model number for my S4 Mini was. I used a guide to root it as if it were a GT-I9195 and now I've completely screwed it up. When it booted I couldn't connect to any type of network and the soft keys didn't work at all. I tried to install what I thought was the original firmware to the phone, but again didn't know I had the wrong model number. How do I restore my phone to its original state? I no longer care if it is rooted or not, I would just like to have a working cell phone again.

kc6wke

Feb 19, 2012
So, Cal
I made an incredibly stupid mistake and didn't notice what the actual model number for my S4 Mini was. I used a guide to root it as if it were a GT-I9195 and now I've completely screwed it up. When it booted I couldn't connect to any type of network and the soft keys didn't work at all. I tried to install what I thought was the original firmware to the phone, but again didn't know I had the wrong model number. How do I restore my phone to its original state? I no longer care if it is rooted or not, I would just like to have a working cell phone again.

You can flash the stock firmware
http://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=SPH-L520
Then root with kingo

Dont feel too bad, I bricked mine

Last edited:

Samuraiblade

Mar 31, 2012
Did you wipe data/cache? try to reflash it again i did this to my phone the first day i got it lol....Im now running stock rooted. Waiting for a ROM to be developed for us SPH-L520 Users.

One day I will learn how to use a Samsung device. This has brought me closer to that day. The phone is now booted and downloading all it's Sprint crap. Thank you for the final piece to this puzzle.

kemikill

Dec 15, 2012
I am not able to download the stock firmware for the SPH-L520. Can someone re-up the file and post the link ASAP. Thanks.

Joanzin

Mar 5, 2011
I did the same thing but now I have no baseband and no imei number. can anyone please help me? I would be forever grateful. I have the same phone (SPH-L520) on a sprint network. I have no network or wifi. =( Silly me didn't look to make sure had the right model when rooting. =(
Thanks in advance!!

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I did the same thing but now I have no baseband and no imei number. can anyone please help me? I would be forever grateful. I have the same phone (SPH-L520) on a sprint network. I have no network or wifi. =( Silly me didn't look to make sure had the right model when rooting. =(
Thanks in advance!!

Never mind. I got it worked out and finally got it to work. :D

xisrab

Feb 25, 2012
how do put the firmware on my phone to restore it..i downloaded the software now I don't know what to do with it..some1 help plz

Feb 14, 2016
Same here

Also needing help with the exact same problem. C'mon, Devs.......Sometimes us simple folk get in past our depth and need a little help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can flash the stock firmware
    http://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=SPH-L520
    Then root with kingo

Dont feel too bad, I bricked mine
    It Happens

Did you wipe data/cache? try to reflash it again i did this to my phone the first day i got it lol....Im now running stock rooted. Waiting for a ROM to be developed for us SPH-L520 Users.
    I am not able to download the stock firmware for the SPH-L520. Can someone re-up the file and post the link ASAP. Thanks.

ill be posting a new link pretty soon i gotta upload it

here it is as promissed.... mediafire.com/download/ittpe38u843mdm0/SPR-L520VPUAMK2-20131115204826.zip