Hotspot mod for sprint note 3 kit kat

Search This thread

shadricksimms

Oct 16, 2011
I'm hoping to find hotspot mod for note 3 on kit kat stock rom.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

shadricksimms

Oct 16, 2011
I'm going to try this right now..This is my setup on my note3
qedynuba.jpg

shadricksimms

Oct 16, 2011
This only puts your phone in a bootloop and have to take steps to fix your phone. If on kit kat update wait for new mods

shadricksimms

Oct 16, 2011
This is to show I am rooted as well I know what I'm talking about.you don't cause your not on kit kat

DarkGrey

Mar 3, 2014
Akron
Last edited:

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
Yes he's rooted, he's been messaging me about his issue. Still can't find a fix.

Wireless tethering for root users should work, but off the top of my head I don't remember the settings.

I always had luck with beta 2 of the app: https://code.google.com/p/android-w...tail?name=wifi_tether_v3_2-beta2.apk&can=2&q=

Check routing fix
Leave network open.

Well I'm in the same boat as him. I've tried what you told me to use and it doesn't work with either of the settings. I used hotspot so much before with 4.3.

toviaheli

Mar 11, 2006
Minnesota
www.TovRose.com

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Good catch, lol wow!!!

For my sake I'm correctly on nab running sac's kk rom. 4.4.2

That's the original baseband for when the phone was first released.

But still the thought recurs...let us just post, "it's not working..."

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
Actually, I did what @rlmiller said to do, was simple and got my wifi tether producing a signal again. You need to do a clean install if flashing the Rom you are on dirty doesn't fix the hotspot.

Rlmiller said:
When I do a CLEAN install...the process is as follows:

in TWRP.....

WIPE>advanced Wipe> selectdalvik cache, system, data, INTERNAL STORAGE, cache then swipe to wipe.... I do this twice

them go back and select FORMAT DATA....type yes and press go.... I do this twice...

then go back to main menu. and select reboot> RECOVERY....wait for recovery to restart.

Now install rom

halmo20

Feb 16, 2010
tried service.jar from MJ4 days and it just made the phone hang...:laugh: Knew that it was gonna happen but what the heck, tried anyway... Guess wait for the updated service.jar..

Reactions: toviaheli

shadricksimms

Oct 16, 2011
Just wait for developers to come up with a solution.all old mods do not work on kit kat

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Actually, I did what @rlmiller said to do, was simple and got my wifi tether producing a signal again. You need to do a clean install if flashing the Rom you are on dirty doesn't fix the hotspot.

Rlmiller said:

in TWRP.....

WIPE>advanced Wipe> selectdalvik cache, system, data, INTERNAL STORAGE, cache then swipe to wipe.... I do this twice

them go back and select FORMAT DATA....type yes and press go.... I do this twice...

then go back to main menu. and select reboot> RECOVERY....wait for recovery to restart.

Now install rom

Those are rom-specific instructions that are absolutely unnecessary for many on these forums.

I'm glad they worked for you, but there are TouchWiz KitKat roms on the grid now and in the pipeline for this phone where such guidance is both unnecessary and most certainly unwarranted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rlmiller said:

in TWRP.....

Now install rom

Rlmiller said:

in TWRP.....

Now install rom

Those are rom-specific instructions that are absolutely unnecessary for many on these forums.

I'm glad they worked for you, but there are TouchWiz KitKat roms on the grid now and in the pipeline for this phone where such guidance is both unnecessary and most certainly unwarranted.

I'm hoping to find hotspot mod for note 3 on kit kat stock rom.

Here: droidforums.net/forum/android-news/255802-free-wifi-tether-galaxy-note-3-using-native-tether-app-no-root-no-hacks.html
    I'm going to try this right now..This is my setup on my note3
    qedynuba.jpg

hmm How are you on KK 4.4.2 and still using MI3 baseband?
    hmm How are you on KK 4.4.2 and still using MI3 baseband?

Good catch, lol wow!!!

For my sake I'm correctly on nab running sac's kk rom. 4.4.2