Mass battery drain?

Search This thread

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington
So I'm on 4.4.2 stock, Stock kernel, and I'm getting ridiculous battery drain. Any app I use, I will use for 5 minutes and lose 10% battery. Had 100 and then to 72 in a matter of 20ish minutes. And then as I'm typing this I plug it in and it jumps from 72 to 18?! Anyone know what the f is going on????

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection
So I'm on 4.4.2 stock, Stock kernel, and I'm getting ridiculous battery drain. Any app I use, I will use for 5 minutes and lose 10% battery. Had 100 and then to 72 in a matter of 20ish minutes. And then as I'm typing this I plug it in and it jumps from 72 to 18?! Anyone know what the f is going on????

Your battery is defect. Buy a new one and it should be good again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington
Sounds about right. Any suggestions for a decent quality battery I can find online under $20? And look at this bs XD
32f432466d9a0d2976bc1d69fa043348.jpg

angelofdooms

Oct 29, 2013

I had to same issue, I use this app on the play store called battery doctor (battery saver) its very well saves me battery,

Now there's a test you can do yourself to see if ur battery is bad or going back one is see if the little white sticker us still white if its pink it came into contact with water, another thing you can do is sit the batter flat on a table and spin it if it spins by itself( try on both sides) that means the battery is fattening up and needs to be replaced. Or if u want to you can take ur phone to sprint store and have them test the battery. You just say I need my battery tested I think it's bad. And they will do it for you I used to work for sprint. Now if u need another battery the stock battery is Samsung and you can get it cheap on Amazon.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington
Halp. I got a new battery, the anker 2200 mah, and I'm having issues again.. Charged all night, within 20 minutes of unplug I'm at 63 percent, then I plug back in to charge and I drop to 23???

uploadfromtaptalk1409946776120.jpg

K

kernelpanic_

Halp. I got a new battery, the anker 2200 mah, and I'm having issues again.. Charged all night, within 20 minutes of unplug I'm at 63 percent, then I plug back in to charge and I drop to 23???

View attachment 2925945

It's definitely gotta be TouchWiz (if you're still using it). I have a backup of it via TWRP and I use it when I have ST network issues. When I flashed CM11 and spent a few nights charging and using it through the day, it got used to me using it. I don't know why, TouchWiz just has too much battery usage. :eek:

Ainz_Ooal_Gown

It's definitely gotta be TouchWiz (if you're still using it). I have a backup of it via TWRP and I use it when I have ST network issues. When I flashed CM11 and spent a few nights charging and using it through the day, it got used to me using it. I don't know why, TouchWiz just has too much battery usage. :eek:

TouchWiz doesn't drain my battery tho...

K

kernelpanic_

TouchWiz doesn't drain my battery tho...

TouchWiz drained my battery so I could only get about 4 hours out of it. I have PacROM which is stripped down more than touchwiz+slim Gapps, and I (attempted to) enable battery tweaks but it didn't want to stay checked. I usually have my brightness down all the way and use Advanced Task Killer to kill my apps.
I remember when I used to use that on my LG Optimus S. Good days...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I had to same issue, I use this app on the play store called battery doctor (battery saver) its very well saves me battery,

Now there's a test you can do yourself to see if ur battery is bad or going back one is see if the little white sticker us still white if its pink it came into contact with water, another thing you can do is sit the batter flat on a table and spin it if it spins by itself( try on both sides) that means the battery is fattening up and needs to be replaced. Or if u want to you can take ur phone to sprint store and have them test the battery. You just say I need my battery tested I think it's bad. And they will do it for you I used to work for sprint. Now if u need another battery the stock battery is Samsung and you can get it cheap on Amazon.