[Petition] Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Search This thread

Toldo

One may say it's a little early but I had started a petiton to Samsung to provide an update to our Galaxy Tab, either to JB or to ICS but with proper user experience and by that I mean better battery life, better reception and fixing every bug that the recent update brought. Here's the petition text:

" As we all know, Samsung didn't include the Galaxy Tab in it's Jellybean update roadmap. I think that's quite unfair, because there are a lot of slower devices, even by Samsung, that got their update (and have similar market age). Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 had it's market debut on may 2011, so it's a 1,5 year device. In mobile world one would say it's old, but independent developers shown that it's capable of doing a lot of things that newer devices are capable of. One of such features is the ability to run Android Jellybean (4.1). Now we all know that it's easy to argue that Android Jellybean with Touchwiz UX won't give a proper user experience (it won't be as fast as it should be). I'd ask, why not let the user choose? As far as I know, the American version of Galaxy Tab 10.1 came without TouchWiz preinstalled, and no one complained (the update with TW was given but that's not the case here). Now part of this petition is to try to make Samsung develop an update for our Tab with newer version of Android BUT I know it is hardly possible (mainly because of money involved - they prefer to sell a newer model). So I'm also asking Samsung to fix that crappy update they had given (the ICS one). I would like them to know that I'm NOT GETTING PROPER USER EXPERIENCE (crappy battery life, low wifi & 3G signal, etc.) with that update and it's not because of old hardware and such. It's because they didn't work hard enough. I would be happy if you sign the petition, even if you don't own the Galaxy Tab 10.1 because it is important for the community. Thank you!"

And here's the link to the petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/samsung-mobile-update-the-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-4

Please read the petition and sign it if you agree. Also please spread the word, the more the better. Also if someone knows an email to some Samsung decision maker somewhere in Samsung's HQ in Seoul, please provide it here so I can add it in the petition.

Also please leave the topic clean of OT.

Thank You!

Wysyłane z mojego GT-P7500 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pmdisawesome

Jan 23, 2012
You joined XDA in 2007, then you must have known that this is the "Android Development" box. There's no development in this, posting this in the General Forums maybe more appropriate.

Reactions: iofthestorm

Toldo

You joined XDA in 2007, then you must have known that this is the "Android Development" box. There's no development in this, posting this in the General Forums maybe more appropriate.

I was so excited about writing this that I must have had forgot ;)

If some moderator sees this, then PLEASE move it to general. I would be thankful for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thepooch

ultim

Mar 26, 2011
I think you guys are wasting your time. When has a company ever changed their minds from a petition. End of the day, sales is what they are after and providing support for old products is pointless.

Sent from my RAZR i

TroPir

Oct 4, 2011
PB - NRW
I think you guys are wasting your time. When has a company ever changed their minds from a petition. End of the day, sales is what they are after and providing support for old products is pointless.

Sent from my RAZR i

Oh,you're sooo wise knowing about time and big business strategies...and you're probably right.

Now shut up and sign ;)
Happy season
gt-p7501 3g&wifi

mcmb03

Feb 24, 2011

Sent from my RAZR i

Actually this method has worked on some devices. Do your research. That is all.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One may say it's a little early but I had started a petiton to Samsung to provide an update to our Galaxy Tab, either to JB or to ICS but with proper user experience and by that I mean better battery life, better reception and fixing every bug that the recent update brought. Here's the petition text:

" As we all know, Samsung didn't include the Galaxy Tab in it's Jellybean update roadmap. I think that's quite unfair, because there are a lot of slower devices, even by Samsung, that got their update (and have similar market age). Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 had it's market debut on may 2011, so it's a 1,5 year device. In mobile world one would say it's old, but independent developers shown that it's capable of doing a lot of things that newer devices are capable of. One of such features is the ability to run Android Jellybean (4.1). Now we all know that it's easy to argue that Android Jellybean with Touchwiz UX won't give a proper user experience (it won't be as fast as it should be). I'd ask, why not let the user choose? As far as I know, the American version of Galaxy Tab 10.1 came without TouchWiz preinstalled, and no one complained (the update with TW was given but that's not the case here). Now part of this petition is to try to make Samsung develop an update for our Tab with newer version of Android BUT I know it is hardly possible (mainly because of money involved - they prefer to sell a newer model). So I'm also asking Samsung to fix that crappy update they had given (the ICS one). I would like them to know that I'm NOT GETTING PROPER USER EXPERIENCE (crappy battery life, low wifi & 3G signal, etc.) with that update and it's not because of old hardware and such. It's because they didn't work hard enough. I would be happy if you sign the petition, even if you don't own the Galaxy Tab 10.1 because it is important for the community. Thank you!"

And here's the link to the petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/samsung-mobile-update-the-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-4

Please read the petition and sign it if you agree. Also please spread the word, the more the better. Also if someone knows an email to some Samsung decision maker somewhere in Samsung's HQ in Seoul, please provide it here so I can add it in the petition.

Also please leave the topic clean of OT.

Thank You!

Wysyłane z mojego GT-P7500 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Sent from my RAZR i

Oh,you're sooo wise knowing about time and big business strategies...and you're probably right.

Now shut up and sign ;)
    Happy season
    gt-p7501 3g&wifi
    Bravo !!!

i am with you. We want a JB update!

I was so excited about writing this that I must have had forgot ;)

If some moderator sees this, then PLEASE move it to general. I would be thankful for that.