[Q] NEED HELP!!! moto x screen went black and is unresponsive

Search This thread

jeb192004

Aug 22, 2012
can somebody please help me? my screen just went black at work today and it does nothing at all now. if I hold the power button it vibrates once. if I hold power+volume down I get to recovery. I tried to reboot from there and I get the unlocked bootloader warning screen and from there it just goes to a black screen. so I get back to recovery and installed my back up and that didn't help at all. somebody please help me.

Apr 18, 2008
OP you need to provide more details. are you getting the M logo? is it bootlooping? is the phone doing ANYTHING but getting in to recovery?

load the fastboot menu and use mfastboot to flash the system, boot and recovery images. you should be able to bring the phone back to life without losing data.

jeb192004

Aug 22, 2012
OP you need to provide more details. are you getting the M logo? is it bootlooping? is the phone doing ANYTHING but getting in to recovery?

load the fastboot menu and use mfastboot to flash the system, boot and recovery images. you should be able to bring the phone back to life without losing data.

Im not getting the M logo. Not bootlooping. just get the warning bootloader unlocked screen. sits there for 10 seconds or so and then screen goes black. that's it.

to flash the system, boot, and recovery images. am I getting those form here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2452246

FSRBIKER

Mar 2, 2010
Try plugging your phone into the original charger and then boot to recovery, from their try rebooting while still plugged in. If that doesn't work try this again but wipe just the caches and reboot while plugged in. I have had a screen go black before on other devices and plugging the original charger(car and most others didn't work) in and booting to recovery then rebooting would get it working again.

PS When you boot to recovery check your battery level.

jeb192004

Aug 22, 2012
well...I used the moto x toolkit and returned to stock using that. everything booted up. so far everything is looking good. lost all my data but that's not that big of a deal.

guga673

Jun 20, 2014

Well im with the same problem but i got the M logo and is not stuck in bootlooping.... right after the boot it goes black...