Looking for a stock MMS app

Search This thread

hgkittykat

Jan 10, 2014
So I'm running CM9 4.0.4 ICS Liberty on my HTC Aria. I seem to have an issue where when I get MMS I get no notification because it hasn't downloaded the message. I keep my data off and therefore the message just sits as unread but I don't hear a sound nor will it show in my notification bar. Can I just replace my current MMS apk with a stock version that hopefully will auto download my MMS without me needing to go turn on my data. When I was running stock it was easily done without anything on my part.

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
So I'm running CM9 4.0.4 ICS Liberty on my HTC Aria. I seem to have an issue where when I get MMS I get no notification because it hasn't downloaded the message. I keep my data off and therefore the message just sits as unread but I don't hear a sound nor will it show in my notification bar. Can I just replace my current MMS apk with a stock version that hopefully will auto download my MMS without me needing to go turn on my data. When I was running stock it was easily done without anything on my part.
So you are looking for an app that will turn your data on automatically, download the message, then turn it back off? I am not sure "stock apk" will do that any better than the stock CM9 app? Do you have Auto-retrieve and enabled in the Message app settings?

hgkittykat

Jan 10, 2014
So you are looking for an app that will turn your data on automatically, download the message, then turn it back off? I am not sure "stock apk" will do that any better than the stock CM9 app? Do you have Auto-retrieve and enabled in the Message app settings?

Correct. I do have auto retrieve enabled. I'm trying to get the functionality I had prior to rooting my phone. Since I was on froyo I don't really know if this was no longer the norm with ICS. My messaging app won't turn on my data at all I need to turn it on to download or send a picture. With out data on it just is continuously sending or it won't download.

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Correct. I do have auto retrieve enabled. I'm trying to get the functionality I had prior to rooting my phone. Since I was on froyo I don't really know if this was no longer the norm with ICS. My messaging app won't turn on my data at all I need to turn it on to download or send a picture. With out data on it just is continuously sending or it won't download.
OK, I get where you are going with this... I think this is generally a "stock" ROM thing, I don't know of any aftermarket ROMs that do this. Generally turning on mobile data automatically is considered a bad thing but at the same time the messaging app should handle it more elegantly. Have you tried Textra or Handcent or possibly turning auto-retrieve off?

Reactions: hgkittykat

hgkittykat

Jan 10, 2014
OK, I get where you are going with this... I think this is generally a "stock" ROM thing, I don't know of any aftermarket ROMs that do this. Generally turning on mobile data automatically is considered a bad thing but at the same time the messaging app should handle it more elegantly. Have you tried Textra or Handcent or possibly turning auto-retrieve off?

I haven't tried textra yet but I did try handcent. Didn't really like the app and it sent images as a link instead of attachments. The only app work around I've found is tasker and enable data by SMS. Both are just workarounds. Maybe I'll just look for a different ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.