Email app force close

Search This thread

spetzuu

May 1, 2012
Sioux Falls
Long time ago I deleted couple system apps and now my email freezes for 5 seconds and force closes every time I hit notification or hit email.

Is there a way to completely reinstall the stock email app?

I'm running stock N900VVRUBM19 4.3.

Sent from my Russian AK-57

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Long time ago I deleted couple system apps and now my email freezes for 5 seconds and force closes every time I hit notification or hit email.

Is there a way to completely reinstall the stock email app?

I'm running stock N900VVRUBM19 4.3.

You could pull the stock email app from any ROM and then replace it in system/app then change permissions and reboot. Did you happen to delete the My Magazine app?

Reactions: spetzuu

spetzuu

May 1, 2012
Sioux Falls
That's what's causing the email issue, once you restore My Magazines the stock email will work fine. Without My Magazines it will not work, even if you replace the email apk file.

Is there a way of getting the My Magazine back? I used titanium backup and completely deleted it off the phone.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Is there a way of getting the My Magazine back? I used titanium backup and completely deleted it off the phone.

Yes, just grab a copy of the ROM your using, unzip it, then navigate to system/priv-app and pull the MagazineHome.apk. Then move it into system/priv-app, change permissions to match the other files, then just reboot.

spetzuu

May 1, 2012
Sioux Falls
Yes, just grab a copy of the ROM your using, unzip it, then navigate to system/priv-app and pull the MagazineHome.apk. Then move it into system/priv-app, change permissions to match the other files, then just reboot.

I'm running stock. No ROM, just plain rooted.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2487777

I downloaded the apk at the link, put the apk in system/app, changed permissions rw-r-r, reboot. Now it actually loads into the email app but the actual emails/conversations don't show up and after few seconds force closes.

Anything else I should try?

Top Liked Posts