HTC M8 Gold?? Cheesy?

Search This thread

Paulb787

Mar 24, 2011
I am on my third htc one m8 due to quality issues. The first had scratches on the back out of the box. I exchanged it for a new gunmetal m8 that had a HORRIBLE RATTLE! The power button Rattled? I wish I had delt with a few sratches. So I too that one back and went to best buy and got a Gold m8. It has the best power button out of all 3. The volume rocker is a lil looser but doesn't rattle. Never wanted a gold one but Im afraid to exchange this one for a gunmetal m8.

What do u think about the gold? Also why is HTC horrible with stuff like this? Samsung is the best! You can pull 10 Samsung S5's and put them on a table and they will all be the same.

NoFanboy

Oct 4, 2013
I should go outside...
Yeah HTC needs to work on quality control and get to Apple standards with their metal build. They were much better this time around compared to the m7 though.. that phone had huge gaps

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
sony has more worse quality
before all my htc phone don't have any problem
but sony all three I have all with problem

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
I think this is a luck of the draw type of thing I haven't heard half the problems I did about the release of the m7

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Paulb787

Mar 24, 2011
I agree luck of the draw. I have gotten the highest quadrant scores with this gold one. quite noticeably better! I stay steady at 61fps copared to 59. I want a gunmetal tho. maybe I need to deal with gold.

If I damage the phone will the insurance let you change colors? I don't think they would even have gold because its best buy only

Freedom First

Dec 7, 2011
Western Washington
I must just be lucky. When the HTC Rezound rolled out, I was an early adopter (bought one on Black Friday, right after the release), and I never had a single issue with that phone. I recently upgraded to the M8 (Gunmetal Gray), and it's perfect. I had a M7 for all of 36 hours, and I returned it for the M8, but not because there were any issues with the phone (I didn't notice any issues with fit/finish)... I just wanted the newer device, and the sdcard slot.

And yes, the gold is cheesy! They only did it because CrApple did it. There's a reason we have the M8: because it's NOT an iphone, and it IS a better device! Who wants to be a locked-down, herd-following fanboi?

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
I have the gold one myself and I like it. In some lighting it looks sliver and in pure sunlight it looks like it has a pinkish tint to it which looks pretty sick looking, Also no faults with it. Actually no faults with any electronic thing Ive ever owned.

w4itg

Apr 13, 2013
I haven't noticed any problems like that. What I have noticed like some others is the speaker grills could've been fished better. I keep mine in an Otter Box which kinda stinks by hiding the beauty of the phone but because of the phone length I can't find a pouch type holder for my belt.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app