[Q] updating sense 6 on T-mobile M7

Search This thread

amit.wadher

Jun 6, 2014
hello,

I have T-mobile unlocked M7 phone. Sense 6 update is available. If I update, will it lock back my phone to T-mobile.

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
hello,

I have T-mobile unlocked M7 phone. Sense 6 update is available. If I update, will it lock back my phone to T-mobile.
Are you referring to unlocked bootloader or SIM unlocked? To do the OTA update, you have to relock the bootloader yourself before the OTA update will work. If you're referring to SIM unlock, if your phone is already SIM unlocked, the OTA update will not alter that, it will still be SIM unlocked after the update.

Reactions: amit.wadher

amit.wadher

Jun 6, 2014
Are you referring to unlocked bootloader or SIM unlocked? To do the OTA update, you have to relock the bootloader yourself before the OTA update will work. If you're referring to SIM unlock, if your phone is already SIM unlocked, the OTA update will not alter that, it will still be SIM unlocked after the update.

Mine is sim-unlocked. I did the update and it is not locked back. Thanks.:good:

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
just for concept
Ota need stock recovery unmodified system bootloader locked or unlocked
For manually ota flash need S off
So no need relock boot loader

from HTC One

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello,