[Q] HTC (M7) not booting at all after failed install SkyDragon

Search This thread

mrbrightsky

Jul 29, 2013
Hi everybody, I'm pretty much freaking out right now.

I tried to install SkyDragon 4.09.1700.1 but somewhere, the installation failed.
I wanted to do so because my previous rom started crashing more and more...
After trying MIUI and hating it immediately, I wanted to get a nice Google Edition ROM

Now whenever I boot, I can't get past the first boot screen with "HTC, quietly different" ( or something like that )
He only goes there when I hold the phone under a bright light. After that: blackness.

I tried to use to shortcut for booting with bootloader (POWER + VOLUME DOWN) and all I get is the light flashing on the buttons below...
I'm afraid I've got an incomplete or corrupt kernel and I have no clue how to fix this.

I also only have a mac OS X so please bear in mind that most software is not available for me...

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Hi everybody, I'm pretty much freaking out right now.

I tried to install SkyDragon 4.09.1700.1 but somewhere, the installation failed.
I wanted to do so because my previous rom started crashing more and more...
After trying MIUI and hating it immediately, I wanted to get a nice Google Edition ROM

Now whenever I boot, I can't get past the first boot screen with "HTC, quietly different" ( or something like that )
He only goes there when I hold the phone under a bright light. After that: blackness.

I tried to use to shortcut for booting with bootloader (POWER + VOLUME DOWN) and all I get is the light flashing on the buttons below...
I'm afraid I've got an incomplete or corrupt kernel and I have no clue how to fix this.

I also only have a mac OS X so please bear in mind that most software is not available for me...

Post your fastboot getvar all please, remove imei and serial number before posting

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
I can't get to my bootloader, how do I get my fastboot getvar?
My phone only briefly shows the HTC logo, if I connect my phone to my mac and I do fastboot devices, he finds none :(

Hold volume down and power button, keep holding the two, the lights on the bottom will blink 10 to 15 times, this will reset the phone, release the power button but continue to hold volume down, should come back on into bootloader.

mrbrightsky

Jul 29, 2013
Hold volume down and power button, keep holding the two, the lights on the bottom will blink 10 to 15 times, this will reset the phone, release the power button but continue to hold volume down, should come back on into bootloader.

Words can't describe how happy you've made me by telling me how to get in bootloader again.
Here is all the info you need:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.24.401.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: XXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei: XXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__102
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4285mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d16dc66985
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
once in the bootloader, plug your phone into the computer, it should say fastboot usb on the phone screen then.

open a command windows on your computer inside the folder where your fastboot and adb files are on your computer, not sure how you do this on a mac.

Then type fastboot getvar all and post the results here, but delete imei and serial number before submitting the post.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Words can't describe how happy you've made me by telling me how to get in bootloader again.
Here is all the info you need:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.24.401.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON = THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM
(bootloader) serialno: REMOVE THIS
(bootloader) imei: REMOVE THIS

(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__102
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4285mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d16dc66985
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

See red info above :good:

You must be S-off to use GPE Rom's

mrbrightsky

Jul 29, 2013

once in the bootloader, plug your phone into the computer, it should say fastboot usb on the phone screen then.

open a command windows on your computer inside the folder where your fastboot and adb files are on your computer, not sure how you do this on a mac.

Then type fastboot getvar all and post the results here, but delete imei and serial number before submitting the post.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

See red info above :good:

You must be S-off to use GPE Rom's

Oh God, thank you!
On a totally related note...any rom's you can recommend me? :D

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Oh God, thank you!
On a totally related note...any rom's you can recommend me? :D

well as you are on hboot 1.54, personally, I would flash twrp 2.6.3.3 recovery (most reliable) and then install a sense rom of your choice from the android development section, sorry but rom recommendations are not allowed, then once booted I would try and s-off my device using either firewater of rumrunner, if you get s-off then you can flash GPE successfully.

Last edited:

mrbrightsky

Jul 29, 2013
well as you are on hboot 1.54, personally, I would flash twrp 2.6.3.3 recovery (most reliable) and then install a sense rom of your choice from the android development section, sorry but rom recommendations are not allowed, then once booted I would try and s-off my device using either firewater of rumrunner, if you get s-off then you can flash GPE successfully.

Thanks for the help, man.
Tried Android Revolution HD, booted but after HTC logo went to black and then directly to recovery mode...
Now flashed TWRP 2.6.3.3 recovery and trying again, here's hoping it'll work :)

Edit: it seems to be working just fine :) Thanks!

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Thanks for the help, man.
Tried Android Revolution HD, booted but after HTC logo went to black and then directly to recovery mode...
Now flashed TWRP 2.6.3.3 recovery and trying again, here's hoping it'll work :)

Edit: it seems to be working just fine :) Thanks!

Your welcome. :D

Once S-OFF, Never go back to S-ON, EVER !!!, but this also means the security for your phone is switched off, so you do have to be extra careful of what you are flashing as its much more easy to brick your phone if you do something like flash the wrong HBOOT or firmware, just make sure you read and fully understand OP's instructions first.

You should get S-OFF easy on HBOOT 1.54, you may have to try a few different custom rom's to get there though, its HBOOT 1.56 and 1.57 that causes all the S-OFF problems