[ROM]JB[Android Open Kang Project] MILESTONE 1

Search This thread

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
I'm a huge aokp fan how does this stack up against the ics version milestone 6? Is it smoother?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

My linpack scores took a big drop. It was 70 or so in ICS. Jamies JB preview was around 65. This preview is down in the high 50s for me. I don't think JB has hardware acceleration yet for this phone so that may be why. The Ui is just as smooth as James preview which is faster than ICS, but you can notice the low cpu in the browser. This is a great work in progress considering we don't have source for this phone.

EDIT: I decided to do a full wipe and install this new rom, My linpack scores went right up to 70 or so !!!

Last edited:

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
My linpack scores took a big drop. It was 70 or so in ICS. Jamies JB preview was around 65. This preview is down in the high 50s for me. I don't think JB has hardware acceleration yet for this phone so that may be why. The Ui is just as smooth as James preview which is faster than ICS, but you can notice the low cpu in the browser. This is a great work in progress considering we don't have source for this phone.

Honestly i haven't tried any of the jb roms I've been pretty happy with milestone 6 build but i figured i would ask. I know ics was a HUGE jump from gingerbread.. Didn't know if the same would hold true for jb from ics so to speak

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
Honestly i haven't tried any of the jb roms I've been pretty happy with milestone 6 build but i figured i would ask. I know ics was a HUGE jump from gingerbread.. Didn't know if the same would hold true for jb from ics so to speak

Some things are faster in JB, the UI speed is the biggest thing you will notice, that alone made me leave ICS behind.

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Some things are faster in JB, the UI speed is the biggest thing you will notice, that alone made me leave ICS behind.

now that we have jelly bean I will confess i hated ics .. so bad ..I mean it brought new stuff and it was cool but , I missed saurom way to much the hybrid mode on this big a$$ phone is what made me forget about gb , but truth be told without the tablet mod I prefered GB over ics .. Samsung did a very poor job with ICS imho , and I never liked AOSP based rom before ics ..

Jelly bean is a complete other story to me its just how my phone shoudl have been .. video camera is the only downside to this over ICS and im sure it wil get soon , not to mention how young this OS is ..

if your a die hard aokp fan you will probably be missing a few things on this build .. but hey its only a preview ... flash this just to feel jellybean if you have not .. its worth it just for that .. :good:

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
now that we have jelly bean I will confess i hated ics .. so bad ..I mean it brought new stuff and it was cool but , I missed saurom way to much the hybrid mode on this big a$$ phone is what made me forget about gb , but truth be told without the tablet mod I prefered GB over ics ..

Jelly bean is a complete other story to me its just how my phone shoudl have been .. video camera is the only downside to this over ICS and im sure it wil get soon , not to mention how young this OS is ..

if your a die hard aokp fan you will probably be missing a few things on this build .. but hey its only a preview ... flash this just to feel jellybean if you have not .. its worth it just for that .. :good:

Omg man. im not trying to get off topic but saurom was such a bad ass rom... It was way ahead of its time! could write all day about its badassness lol. Effin A!

I bet jb is going to be sick as hell once it has been given some time. But I'm glad we have such awesome support and devs here :)

Reactions: slaydog

knlgSeeker

Jul 30, 2010
Sunrise, FL
Google Pixel 5
Sweet!! Just logged into my pc remotely to download this..from my backyard because I'm grilling some steaks, drinking some beer & being exceptionally lazy lol.
Will test drive this tomorrow at work. Glad to see you back on the scene DAGr8!

rg1973

Jun 6, 2006
What's the swagger button do?
Also I see the green Tint on the cam is still there.. Jamie on the other 4.1 ROM fixed this maybe u could ask him how he did this.I dunno it could be top secret .. Awesome work

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
Amazing

Just flashed and set it up - my comparison ROM is Saurom (as said above way ahead of its time). Well, this ROM is the fastest, smoothest I have ever seen. I have flashed just about every ROM available for the AT&T Note - this beats them all in terms of UI responsiveness, data handling, etc. You can chuck ICS out the window.

Good enough for my new daily driver - have had no fc's for more than 2 hours, no OC just running ON DEMAND between 192 and 1512 MHz.

Whatever is missing, I do not miss - thios can only get better. The sound works light years better than CM9 (on which IMHO it stank).

Only minor detail is that CM9 had a toggle to turn the screen off - maybe we can get that in a future iteration along with the "wake on volume" setting for the volume keys - excepting those I bet this becomes the new "gold standard".

As usual, Dagr8 you have done superbly - many thanks

NYConex

Jun 16, 2012
New York City
ive been running this rom and its great! after coming from a nexus hspa+ that was on jelly bean id say none of the jb roms for the note are as smooth but they are just previews after all. i just couldnt go without google now. thanks a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. MAKE A NANDROID
    2. wipe data/factory reset in recovery (I didn't)
    3. flash ROM
    4. flash Gapps (jelly beans_)
    5. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Current build downlad link :

_ AOKP _

Credits:
    • Cyanogenmod
    • All the folks at #teamkang
    contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.
    Donate to sixstringsg
    Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to CyanogenMod
    Donate to DAGr8

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    Note: Some changes are still on their way through gerrit, so the I717 will not be buildable via source yet.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    just in case .
    with all the drama buildign up im glad i stayed away while I was sorting my build issues and setting up the tree so aokp JB can be build form source by anyone for the i717 ..

Ihave anew build ready that fixes the reboot onthe lockscreens ( I was having lots of them ) it also made my cherry picks obsolete since they were all made default ..

Im not gonna release since there is a way to get video camera working now , i ll work on that for aokp and then ill update op ..
    dafoxs thats weird im currently on king kang and it has it //

just got confirmation today guys Build_5 will be official , most likely AOKP releases on Sunday for new releases ...

so form now on the release will be pure aokp no cherry picks , King kang will have cherry and jelly beans on top ofc ...