Become senior member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
What ^he^ said. You started out as a Junior member and you're already a member. It happened that same way. As far as moderator goes... probably has to do with either:
1. How respected, resourceful and trusted you are by the admins.
2. How good your application+resume looks if they hire like a real job.
3. If you can figure out how many fingers the admin is holding behind her back. lol

CWKJ

Jul 9, 2006
Singapore
There is no way you can SPAM all the way to 100 post without the notice of not only the Admin and Mods, but also some of the members here.

There were some Junior Members / Members who write nonsence, with info in 1 post which does not tally with another post got slam left & right, up & down by other normal members.

So watch your way before you either get slam or even worst, get banned!!!

@rj*n

Mar 1, 2008
Taplejung
i dont post much.. i read around alot tho! been here over a year still my post count is low.. i dun care though i just prefer to search/read before asking any questions rather than posting useless posts or flaming others!
IMO a senior member title doesnt matter unless you're carrying th knowledge learning yourself helping out others and praising/giving credits for others hard-work!!

TalhaQasim

Apr 22, 2009
Riyadh > Saudi Arabia
Actually, becoming a member from a junior member, a senior member from a member and also becoming a moderator from a senior member counts nothing. You are just given the title. Like in olden times, there were knights or Sirs. We can't spam the forums just to make our names famous. Its better that to search first, got it read, check out your answer, and then if you don't get it, start a new thread.

Thanks

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Who cares about how many posts you have who cares what your title is. The title doesn't really do much. Why do you want to become a senior if you get nothing out of it? It's just a title..and you aren't granted any permissions.

A lot of people cares...
And permissions are granted by Mods when you deserve it...not before...even if you have 5000 posts or have 40...

~~Tito~~

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 30, 2007
Yep. It doesnt matter what the title is. The only title that really matters is moderator or admin and those are only granted if you contribute and being granted admin is very unlikely.

rotastrain

Apr 18, 2009
Pune
www.rauteyecare.com
a post should be posted only if its necessary..as it takes space..a senior member may be a title only..but being a senior member proves that you take part in our forum and contribute to it.so its not JUST a title...

Reactions: sltushar

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
Who cares about how many posts you have who cares what your title is. The title doesn't really do much. Why do you want to become a senior if you get nothing out of it? It's just a title..and you aren't granted any permissions.
Hmm Someone seems bitter. Maybe they didn't get their Special Senior Member Private Message talking about the abilities you have. :p:p:p

Reactions: TEXASMADE1978

erickjr_88

Feb 10, 2009
Norwalk
Thanks guys lots of helpful info here. . .. :) . . . i had always wondered how people got promoted to moderator status. . . all of my questions were answered. .

Aug 7, 2008
victoria tx
Bro, i have been wondering the same question since ive become a member....er junior member.....er experienced nooob....lol, actually i have a lot of experience in networking with surveillance systems access control and integrations , but no writing.....so i am kinda leary on posting anything for fear of it being nothing more than just blanket questions that go no where. I dont wnt to be the guy that posts "need a cool rom, please help".......so i spend my time here reading and reading and reading.......maybe i will start posting some very thoughtful questions and see if i can get any response on maybe creation of new networking tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks guys, now im gonna have to make more posts so I can become a senior, lol.

Rather than just making posts, try actually making useful ones rather than pointlessly spamming the forum with crap
    100+ posts = senior member
    rest i don't know.
    This 6 year old thread that was brought back to life has become a feeding ground for 10 post spammers, so time to close it and let it go back into the depths of xda from which it came.

Thread closed.

Senior Moderator
    I'm sooo close right now :D

Just so that this isn't a 'me too' post, wanted to add that 30 posts changes you from a junior to a regular member...
    What ^he^ said. You started out as a Junior member and you're already a member. It happened that same way. As far as moderator goes... probably has to do with either:
    1. How respected, resourceful and trusted you are by the admins.
    2. How good your application+resume looks if they hire like a real job.
    3. If you can figure out how many fingers the admin is holding behind her back. lol