Need help porting CM to Note 3. Need more developers.

Search This thread

geekcentercreations

Aug 1, 2012
West Warwick, Rhode Island
Im working on porting CyanogenMod to the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
I have the CM source code and I have been experimenting with all sorts of files and reading build and porting guides BUT to no avail.
Without the proper blobs, I have found this to be an impossible task.
Looking for a few people who are interested in giving me a hand doing this without the blobs.

^I had to clarify this just so everyone was on the same page.^

You can reach me here on XDA.

Last edited:

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Im working on porting CyanogenMod to the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I have the CM source code and I have been experimenting with all sorts of files and reading build and porting guides BUT to no avail. Looking for a few people who are interested in giving me a hand doing this.

You can reach me on twitter (nikkdotcom) or skype (nikolas_pereira1) or here on XDA.

Looking forward to some good teamwork!

sure count me in

the cm guys (behind closed doors) only have call mic not working , the rest is working, i figured with 4.4 the note3 development got halted , wanted to work on it about a month ago but was told "stuff will be shared once its working" .. :mad:

last i checked they had a kernel up .. no blobs list nothing .

geekcentercreations

Aug 1, 2012
sure count me in

the cm guys (behind closed doors) only have call mic not working , the rest is working, i figured with 4.4 the note3 development got halted , wanted to work on it about a month ago but was told "stuff will be shared once its working" .. :mad:

last i checked they had a kernel up .. no blobs list nothing .
Get in touch with me on Skype or Twitter. Im working on this right now. My info is in the OP.

idtheftvictim

Dec 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So glad to see some activity on this from community members! I would help, but have no computer available to me, nor the knowledge to even attempt this.

You guys are the best!

If you need testers, let me know. I LOVE messing with my phone!!

Reactions: geekcentercreations

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
I'm up for building and testing. I'd really love to get OmniROM running on the Note 3 so if you have a device tree repository set I'd be interested in it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

geekcentercreations

Aug 1, 2012

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
You won't find anything on git hub ... cm brought n3 development behind closed doors...
fun stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This new corporate sellout version of CyanogenMod sucks big time, throw all their community spirit out the window for the chance to profit off open source software. Sad state of affairs indeed, especially trying to lie and cheat devs into relicensing GPL software so they could sell it to third parties. What the heck CM team?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

nighthawk626

Jan 30, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I was scared of this happening to the android root community. Things went from fun open community development to whatever the hell is going on now. I miss when it was like 7 people working the same type of rom for the same phone and having options. TOUCHWIZ SUUUUUUUUUUCKS. I'm dying for some aosp or aokp for this beast

Reactions: CalcProgrammer1

geekcentercreations

Aug 1, 2012
I was scared of this happening to the android root community. Things went from fun open community development to whatever the hell is going on now. I miss when it was like 7 people working the same type of rom for the same phone and having options. TOUCHWIZ SUUUUUUUUUUCKS. I'm dying for some aosp or aokp for this beast

I really want Paranoid Android for this beast but CM is easier to build. Easier to build if I could figure it out that is :p

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Actually omni pa pac aokp slim whatever rom type u prefer..

All we need is the proper blobs to be used .. The device tree from one rom to another don't differ much

That's the hard part .. cm will share once it works. That's for sure. .

Ofc we can hate on them for not sharing truth is if making this work was an intermediate level of difficulty we would already have aosp based on our phone ..

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For now I'm trying with the line:

# Override healthd HAL
    # BOARD_HAL_STATIC_LIBRARIES := libhealthd.qcom

commented out in device/samsung/qcom-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk. This includes a local version of libhealthd which does not appear to be compiling correctly. libhealthd apparently deals with battery monitoring so we'll see where it goes. From what I gather there's a default version if you don't override it.

Edit:

If I get a build that works I'll post it. I would say for anyone who does get a working build to not start a new original dev thread for it though, leave the thread for the official releases. That's just my opinion though.

Edit 2:

Still a few proprietary files missing from the muppets repo apparently - /system/lib/hw/nfc.MSM8974.so was not found. I pulled it from my device manually. We'll see where that goes.

Edit 3:

It goes in vendor/samsung/hltetmo/proprietary/lib/hw/

Edit 4:

Kernel is building! That's progress.

Edit 5:

20 minutes later, still going. Using 4 cores on an AMD A8-3870K processor with make -j4. At mksnapshot.arm stage.

Edit 6:

Man this is taking a long time! It's still going though. I'm away from home remoted into my home server over VPN so whenever it is done building, if it produces any .zip file, it'll take a while to copy it over the VPN (bridges my house and parents' house) which is over the Internet. Hopefully it's not in the multiple GB range size-wise.

Edit 7:

We're building APKs now.

Edit 8:

Build finished, no errors, but no .zip. System, userdata, recovery img files all there but no zip. I ran make -j4, maybe I need to run brunch instead? Trying that now.

Edit 9:

That makes a .zip! I did read an error though in building the kernel - error was that modules were not enabled and said to enable loadable modules in kernel config. I have no idea why modules would be disabled...that's a big feature of Linux it's missing out on!

Edit 10:

And there we have it! cm-11-20131228-UNOFFICIAL-hltetmo.zip is copying from my remote server to my laptop at a blistering 320KB/sec! Now to poke around in the updater script to make sure it isn't going to wipe the wrong partitions and such before I actually flash it which will be after I wake up as it's 3:30AM and I'm tired.

Edit 11:

What the heck, sleep can wait. Zip looks good and it's flash time!
    Ran into a nasty mess:

hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7275:62: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 1 of 'bool omx_vdec::post_event(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)' [-Wconversion-null]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7279:63: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 1 of 'bool omx_vdec::post_event(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)' [-Wconversion-null]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7289:61: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7334:38: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7335:38: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7338:62: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7340:66: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7351:102: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7352:81: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7381:25: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7381:71: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7382:25: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7382:74: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'

I'm not sure what the problem here is but it's not hlte (unless we're not defining something that switches on those members)...from what I read on another thread it is a side effect from frequently updated code but this was last updated in November. Also git seemed to be on the wrong branch (said it was not on a branch) so I switched it to cm-10.2 branch. If that doesn't work I might have to move up to cm-11.0 branch.

Edit...meh, it was a debug statement. Now it's gone.

Edit: The video decoder thing seems to be a version mismatch between the include headers in the Linux kernel (include/linux/msm_vidc_dec.h) and the qualcomm hardware media-caf repository. I think we will need to merge over the changes from Cyanogen's msm8930 kernel branch. This appears to be the case for a lot of media-caf/audio-caf/display-caf. I'm going to bed, but hey, progress!
    Happy times are ahead of us! Several patches over at the review site are going through the works to fix calling and my test build worked! I was able to dial voicemail and enter my password and hear my messages no problem at all!

Uploading build now to mega. Thanks to Hashcode and Shareef for the patches!

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56623/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56626/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56627/

I'll edit in a mega link when it's up, then I'm off for the night.

Edit: Here it is!

https://mega.co.nz/#!xU1B0aiB!LkGvY38tZAXFOPOZzrYMtzqm8B8Omk6g9jIBM4PiLcM
    My build completed and I copied it to my laptop. I'm out for a bit so I haven't loaded it to my phone yet. I'll test it and upload when I get back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
    Im working on porting CyanogenMod to the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    I have the CM source code and I have been experimenting with all sorts of files and reading build and porting guides BUT to no avail.
    Without the proper blobs, I have found this to be an impossible task.
    Looking for a few people who are interested in giving me a hand doing this without the blobs.

^I had to clarify this just so everyone was on the same page.^

You can reach me here on XDA.