[Q] NFC loop after flashing latest Dr Ketan 4.4.2 ROM

Search This thread

AlistairWAM

Apr 28, 2013
Hi, I love Dr Ketan's custom ROM, so I was keen to update to his latest kit kat 4.4.2 version. I have been using the previous version of this on my N7100 for many months and it's great.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2472270
I followed the instructions precisly but when my phone rebooted after flashing the ROM, it sticks with a recurring message "unfortunately nfc service has stopped". I rebooted but the problem persists. I can't enter my password to access the phone. I have a recovery image of course but would rather fix if possible.
Help please.
Thanks.

AlistairWAM

Apr 28, 2013
Thanks that works

Try reset factory in Recovery Mode.

Gửi từ GT-N7100 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I cleared for new ROM in CWM and that fixed the NFC problem. However, I can't face hours of setting up apps again as I lost all my data. Titanium pro won't work as Dr Ketan's ROM has no debug settings to set usb debug as required.
I restored my CWM backup and wound back to Android 4.3. There seem to be only minor improvements in 4.4 so not worth the effort.

biokiller

Nov 10, 2006
ho chi minh city
www.soft4vn.net
Thanks for the advice. I cleared for new ROM in CWM and that fixed the NFC problem. However, I can't face hours of setting up apps again as I lost all my data. Titanium pro won't work as Dr Ketan's ROM has no debug settings to set usb debug as required.
I restored my CWM backup and wound back to Android 4.3. There seem to be only minor improvements in 4.4 so not worth the effort.
To active Usb debug mode: enter Setting, About, tapping on Build Number 5-7 times. Recommended to use Team win Recovery. Sorry about my bad English.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

AlistairWAM

Apr 28, 2013
found the developer options at last!

To active Usb debug mode: enter Setting, About, tapping on Build Number 5-7 times. Recommended to use Team win Recovery. Sorry about my bad English.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks very much. I never knew this before. These settings are well hidden!

Many thanks to all who have replied.

Alistair