[ROM] [KERNEL] [ A.O.S.P. JB 4.1.2 ] ZTE V970 / V970M [MULTILANG]

Search This thread

longo213

Oct 10, 2012
Zilina
Do you use the 512mb ver or 1gb ver?
Mine is 1GB Chinese WCDMA version bought over a year ago. Probably using slightly different storage unit and/or motherboard. It works fine with ICS, but with @bgcngm's JB the SD card wasn't accessible. The new custom kernel fixed that, but in AOSP version I believe there is another problem, I think it's the internal storage which is visible, but sort of read only - all the apps were installed to SD card instead of internal storage which caused crashes for widget based apps (as those can run from internal storage only).
Note, that on my revision also Carliv Touch Recovery doesn't see the external SD card (probably because of JB stock kernel), only good old bgcngm's CWM allows to install JB or AOSP rom plus custom kernel.

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
[/B]
Mine is 1GB Chinese WCDMA version bought over a year ago. Probably using slightly different storage unit and/or motherboard. It works fine with ICS, but with @bgcngm's JB the SD card wasn't accessible. The new custom kernel fixed that, but in AOSP version I believe there is another problem, I think it's the internal storage which is visible, but sort of read only - all the apps were installed to SD card instead of internal storage which caused crashes for widget based apps (as those can run from internal storage only).
Note, that on my revision also Carliv Touch Recovery doesn't see the external SD card (probably because of JB stock kernel), only good old bgcngm's CWM allows to install JB or AOSP rom plus custom kernel.

Hi

Yes im aware of this issues, and The different hardware revisions.
Im looking at fixing The issue with this ROM.

Regarding recovery:

I already made an new version, problem is my ISP is having problems, so im on The 3rd day now without internet acess ( only via mobile)

To solve this recovery problems, there will be 4 recovery builds. I will explain that when i release.

Regards

rmms

Aug 11, 2007
One more thing the Bluetooth seams not working properly, after paring the headset it doesn't work, the phone don't show the headset connected and don't allow him to work with the phone ...

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
You kept us waiting for the next update. :(

Check my GitHub, you'll see why.

This is not The only device i support.
Things needs time, and my time is limited.

Also, keep in mind this is an old device, and my ZTE is not fully functional for an long time
Yet, im still maintaining this device, you have an new lewa ROM, and im working on The next kernel release.

Regards

LEARA_13

Dec 27, 2016
There is a modem.img file. I had the same problem and after finding the right file, it was solved (my carrier is movistar in Venezuela).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER:

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * DO NOT LEECH MY DOWNLOADS, PLEASE RE-DIRECT YOUR FORUM /PAGE 
     * TO THIS THREAD, IF YOU LIKE MY WORK, YOU CAN SAY THANKS, 
     * AND MAYBE BUY ME SOME BEERS
     */

Hello Guys ! ;)
    In this thread you will find my custom ROM AOSP Based for the ZTE V970 / V970M / Smart a18.
    Based upon WIKO Peax Stock ROM: Fully Ported; Optimized; added several Improvements
    Please be sure to read (and re-read) this carefully in order to avoid unnecessary questions.

What's included ?

• Pure JB 4.1.2 : No useless Junk, Just Pure Performance, Stable and Fast...
    • Using my latest Custom Kernel Version 1.3
      (Check the kernel thread , for changelogs), among other things: Overclock Ready + Several IO Schedulers and CPU Governors to choose from.
    • Featuring my Custom GFX / eGL Patch (Bye bye , graphical issues, and Lag that plagues all JellyBean Roms)

CyanogenMOD 10.1 Backported apps :
    • Apollo Music Player ; instead of the stock mtk Music Player
    • cLock; Beutiful Clock and weather Widget
    • Trebuchet Launcher; light, small and beutiful, instead of the stock mtk JB Launcher
    • Torch.
    • And Also the Google's Gallery/Camera from JB 4.3.

Other features / Mods:

• Aroma Installer (Supports Both Partitions Layouts, Stock and Extended)
    • Battery percentage (in steps of 1%) display Mod, and with new battery icons
    • Take Screenshot: Pressing POWER+VOL DOWN Buttons
    • Volume Rocker WAKE: Wake your device with the VOL Keys (doesn't work on DeepSleep)
    • Latest Stericson BusyBox
    • Add-Free HOST File (No more adds Spamming you...)
    • Pre-Rooted with Latest SuperSU (v1.97)
    • Update the APN's from the CyanogenMOD repo
    • Zipaligned apks (for better performance)
    • In-built Xposed framework and latest GravityBOX (3.1.1)
    • Settings and Recent Apps shortcuts on Status Bar
    • Multi Language (English as Default)
    • Minimal GAPPS from JB 4.2.2 included, rest of the apps can be downloaded from the Play.
    • And other things ...

How to Install

• First you will need an costum Recovery, you can check on the Carliv Touch Recovery Thread, Instructions and download links.
    • Full Wipes Required (recomended) - No WIPE; No Cry !

Changelogs

Changelog Build v1.1 (May 25 2014)

• Improved the Rom for the users with the Extended UserData MOD. (changed framework/ other things), now it will no longer recognize your SDCard as "Internal Memory".
    • GPS: A-GPS is now enabled by Default (less time to lock on Sats) - thanks Fernando Oliveira ;)
    • Camera-Panorama fixed
    • Reverted to an more stable Camera app also from JB4.3 -> to JB 4.2 due to FC on photo editing
    • latest GravityBox build 3.1.3
    • Update some GAPS (Minimal GAPS, you can download the rest from the Play)
    • Some other minor things ...
    NOTE: The BBoostManger app will "FC" ; that's NOT an BUG, i did that on purpose...
    What you'll be using it's that app WIDGET to Overclock / Back to stock clock.
    For changing CPU Governors and IO Shedulers, use the "Performance Control" app (included), or just download the "No frills CPU" app from the PLAY.

Changelog Build v1.0 (May 21 2014)

• First Release

ROM Download is available in the XDA: DEVDB "Download" Section

GPL Compliance and KANGing
    Kernel 3.4.5

yG18r6g.png

I do respect the GPL, but using someone else's work without proper credits is just LACK OF RESPECT.
    • The inclusion of this kernel in your ROMS is NOT allowed.
    • Instead add a link to my kernel thread as a recommendation on your thread.

The eGL Patch, can be used in your ROMS, BUT PLEASE... Add proper Credits for the work i've made.

My KERNEL SOURCES:
    My GitHub Repo
    Credits:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][KERNEL][A.O.S.P. JB 4.1.2]ZTE V970 / V970M[MULTILANG] , ROM for the Android General

Contributors
    superdragonpt
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM / CARLIV TOUCH RECOVERY
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-21

Created 2014-05-22
    Last Updated 2014-05-25
    will try and post the thoughts about the rom soon, thnx for your efforts again...

Thanks (i really don't have much time to test Roms ...)
    The Source development is taking all my free time right now ...

WOW 940+ Downloads in less then 24hours, and only you replied here.
    Feedback is really important in tracking bugs (?).

Luckly my FB Group is still very active, one bug they found was the Camera Panorama Mode, shows an Black Screen... will add the little patch in some minutes.

regards ;)

EDIT: Camera Panorama Patch added
    Check the Downloads Section
    Reserved for FAQ

Will add this tomorow .......
    Hi!
    Firs of all thanks superdragonpt for the rom.
    I have a little bug a don't know how to solve i get the following message:"IMEI not valid" how can i fix it?¿ i've already try tu make a backup of the imei but i haven't been succesfull.

IF you have the single-SIM variant, it's normal that you get that message on the 2ND SIM.
    If you own an Dual-SIM, then you did something wrong... Please Make an FULL WIPES on Recovery an install again.
    If it persists, there's several tuts here on XDA, on how to recover your IMEI on MTK Based Devices.

ON TOPIC:

Changelog Build v1.1 (May 25 2014)

• Improved the Rom for the users with the Extended UserData MOD. (changed framework/ other things), now it will no longer recognize your SDCard as "Internal Memory".
    • GPS: A-GPS is now enabled by Default (less time to lock on Sats)- thanks Fernando Oliveira ;)
    • Camera-Panorama fixed
    • Reverted to an more stable Camera app also from JB4.3 -> to JB 4.2 due to FC on photo editing
    • latest GravityBox build 3.1.3
    • Update some GAPS (Minimal GAPS, you can download the rest from the Play)
    • Some other minor things ...
    NOTE: The BBoostManger app will "FC" ; that's NOT an BUG, i did that on purpose...
    What you'll be using it's that app WIDGET to Overclock / Back to stock clock.
    For changing CPU Governors and IO Shedulers, use the "Performance Control" app (included), or just download the "No frills CPU" app from the PLAY.

Regards ;)
    [/B]

Hi

Yes im aware of this issues, and The different hardware revisions.
    Im looking at fixing The issue with this ROM.

Regarding recovery:

I already made an new version, problem is my ISP is having problems, so im on The 3rd day now without internet acess ( only via mobile)

To solve this recovery problems, there will be 4 recovery builds. I will explain that when i release.

Regards