Cases cases cases...

Search This thread

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I emailed Seidio and told them they need to make a CONVERT case. Its basically the protection of the defender, but the ability to remove a layer and still have a Incipio Feather on without going caseless. I won't hold my breath.

Gone are the days of leather customization on vajacases.com.

Anyone out there have a great pocket pouch they'd recommend? Or a holster for the Incipio Feather?

Really wish the accessory selection was better. Guess its due to droid maxx only being on one carrier mostly.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

rlmesq

May 13, 2011
I love the VZW bumper. It protects the screen and corners from drops, but still shows the carbon fiber back.

wtl%2Dvzw%2Dbumper%2Ddroid%2Dmaxx%2Dgryred%2DMOT1080MBLKRED%2Dangel%2Dretail%2Dpackage

http://phandroid.com/2013/09/30/motorola-droid-maxx-bumper-case-review/

Holsters and pockets? I leave those at home with my pocket protector..

pocket-protector-jpg.8521

Reactions: jfriend33

potatoboyjs

Feb 5, 2011
I have the Griffin Reveal and I like it. It shows off the back as well. It's kinda like a rubber bumper with a clear TPU back.

Reactions: dano1282

Jimmy2u

Sep 26, 2013
California
I emailed Seidio and told them they need to make a CONVERT case. Its basically the protection of the defender, but the ability to remove a layer and still have a Incipio Feather on without going caseless. I won't hold my breath.

Gone are the days of leather customization on vajacases.com.

Anyone out there have a great pocket pouch they'd recommend? Or a holster for the Incipio Feather?

Really wish the accessory selection was better. Guess its due to droid maxx only being on one carrier mostly.

Completely Agreed with your thoughts...its really very hard one to find suitable accessories for the Maxx as the reason is..it is mostly on single carrier...and I feel that its a big problem for every Maxx user

emmabellachristian

Jun 21, 2012
first ever contract i signed ever in my name want max protection otterbox defender, i usually dont go that route they r sometimes dust magnets etc, but this seems to be alot better then any other defender dust doesnt stick to it, screen protector doesnt scratch as easy.

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I know right. The defender is so much more improved than the gnex one. Less rubbery so less dust. Also doesn't peel away. And love the kick stand.

emmabellachristian

Jun 21, 2012
i used to have problem with them like not closing as tight like it would be loose like it doesnt snap shut all way or w/e doesnt happen i dunno what they did different hope they do it though for now on lol

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
Here's a post about all of my cases.

Green Trident Cyclops
Very nice screen protector. Works well with pre installed verizon anti glare protector. Buttons work well. Very hard to remove though. Covers ports well. Doesn't feel as bulky as otterbox commuter. Bottom lip isn't tapered as much as the defender so hitting home recent or back isn't as easy.

Red Qmadix S Series
Good all around coverage. Side Buttons press easily but not the best. Easy to install and remove. No display protection. No port coverage.

Cyan / neon blue Incipio Feather
Favorite case. Few finger prints. No color peeling. Doesn't protect top display bezel though. Easiest to install and remove. Great for pockets. I use this case I the most. Cleans up with dish soap.

Black Otterbox Defender
Awesome kickstand belt clip. Improved design from earlier models. Much stronger and hasn't broken. No problems with screen protector coming off but doesn't work as well with the pre installed. Have to press slightly harder. Still wouldn't chance using this with naked display. Have had dust or sand get between and scratch display. Happy with holster doesn't block any ports.

Can't really comment on durability with the Trident or Qmadix as these two were Christmas gifts. I did notice the Qmadix had a scratch but it's solid not painted so not noticeable.

Ideally my case would be a Seidio Convert (or whatever they call them these days). But they don't exist. Or a Vaja case. But this is a carrier specific device so we won't see a variety like the moto X or gs4.

Lastly none of these cases have caused any damage to the phone. I've seen many people with cases develop wear lines especially with the Griffin cases.

Hope this finds you well and enjoying your device!
u6yja3e2.jpg
y5u6y6us.jpg
zy7yqaza.jpg
ype5a2an.jpg
a3amezy4.jpg
ja7a6ajy.jpg
e8atajym.jpg
ybypupyb.jpg
vyjupe3a.jpg
eguzemeb.jpg
2e8uvada.jpg
epu7anat.jpg
qamanuse.jpg
7ysuteha.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

rmjones2006

Sep 16, 2013
birmingham
I have the otterbox commuter case and I love it. Much slimmer than ones I've had with other phones but it does a wonderful job of protecting the phone. Doesn't collect much dust either

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I have the otterbox commuter case and I love it. Much slimmer than ones I've had with other phones but it does a wonderful job of protecting the phone. Doesn't collect much dust either

Strange. I felt that the commuter was too bulky compared to the galaxy nexus version.

yumms

Dec 13, 2010
Hello, is there a case that's very slim with good protection and can be put on a car mount?

Thanks.

reggie14

May 29, 2010
I've tried two cases for the Droid Maxx. There aren't a lot of options out there, but there are some pretty good ones.

I originally bought a Diztronic TPU case, mostly because the price was right (<$10). As an advantage, it was very, very thin. Thanks to the form factor, the phone still fit in the clamp-style car mounts I had, and played nicely with wireless chargers. But the thickness, I'm sure, limited the protection it offered. Still, I dropped by phone on concrete from waist height a couple times with no visible damage. My biggest annoyance with the case was that it didn't seem to play nice with my Skinomi screen protector. The screen protection has a lip that extends over the front of the phone about a millimeter. Because the case is fairly flexible, hitting the power of volume buttons would sometimes warp the case, and peel back the screen protector.

Next I tried the Incipio Dual Pro case. This case is slightly thicker, although so far I haven't noticed the (slightly) added bulk being a problem with any of my other accessories. It still fits in the mounts, and wireless charging still works. While I haven't done any tests to confirm this, I strongly suspect this case offers a fair bit more protection than the Diztronic case. This case has a bit more structure to it. There's not much of a lip that extends over the front of the phone- instead the plastic shell seems to hold the silicone core in place. So, this case doesn't seem to have any problems with screen protectors.

Both cases have their advantages and disadvantages, but personally, I like the Incipio Dual Pro better. I would have gotten it originally, but I expected it would be thicker. The Diztronic is a good ultra-thin case for those of you who don't need a lot of protection, but keep in mind the problem with screen protectors. If you use on of Zagg's smaller "case-friendly" screen protectors you'd probably be fine, but I prefer the Skinomi ones.

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
Just received my order from Xtreme Guard. 90% off Sale got two sets of front and back for my maxx and one for my Nexus 7 2013.

Wet installation... Very nerve racking but I did it. Thought the rippled M logo was going to be an issue but it was smooth sailing.

Going from the anti glare verizon ones I must say is a big adjustment. But now I am going to order a bumper and see how it feels with the protection on the back.

My defender just began to have issues last week. Two of the secure tabs broke off. Not a big deal just exchanged it.

Next new phone I buy I am getting a dual pro direct from Incipio that way it has a lifetime warranty (even if my cyan blue gets discolored they would replace it).

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
Sigh. These xtreme guard protectors are not compatible with my Trident cyclops or otterbox defender. The two protectors stick to each other.

Oh well. Still not a loss because my Nexus 7 2013 is protected.

Now I have to send the nexus in to get multi-touch fixed.... Lol...

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
Sigh. These xtreme guard protectors are not compatible with my Trident cyclops or otterbox defender. The two protectors stick to each other.

Oh well. Still not a loss because my Nexus 7 2013 is protected.

Now I have to send the nexus in to get multi-touch fixed.... Lol...

This company is really making money off me. I ordered two of the HD dry install protectors. They are compatible with the other cases with built in screen protectors. But no matter how it's installed it's still too big. And I'm left with a tiny perimeter unattached at the edge. No dust has a accumulated underneath yet though.

ebejy9em.jpg

traccdma

Oct 17, 2009
This company is really making money off me. I ordered two of the HD dry install protectors. They are compatible with the other cases with built in screen protectors. But no matter how it's installed it's still too big. And I'm left with a tiny perimeter unattached at the edge. No dust has a accumulated underneath yet though.

I'm in the same boat...

In addition to being too wide, their XT1080 screen protectors (dry + hd) completely cover up the proximity sensor at the top left. My old protector which was scratched had a cut out for that sensor.

I bought a protector for my surface pro 2, and that has an annoying seam/horizontal line about 1/3 of the way down. The best I can tell, some sort of seam or manufacturing defect. Since these were 90% off that leaves very little incentive/motivation to actually return anything :-<

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
New case!

Incipio Atlas Waterproof Case for Motorola Droid MAXX - Retail Packaging - Black by Incipio http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FDYNRS0/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_..vEtb0706547

Incipio Atlas. Very expensive. Truly waterproof. Kinda bad reviews. Guess with root and pie controls or nav bar it would be OK. Guess they had no choice with the microphone placement and all.

Still nice to see new case from good brand on a nearly year old model!

Top Liked Posts