Any way to sideload

Search This thread

ang1dust

Oct 1, 2009
I recently rooted my phone. I have not installed any ROMs because i love the stock rom so much but i decided to try one today. I didnt have my computer with me so i downloaded one today and rebooted into recovery. I saved my current rom and then wiped and accidently pressed Data, it asks if i want to wipe everything and i press back. I go to look at my downloads and they are all gone. I look for my backup i had JUST nandroid backed up and it was gone.

So there i am stuck. There is a thread for returning to Stock rom. Sure ok, but its a long process including the 2 gig download which is only uploading at 260mbit/s so another hour or 2.

I have tried sideloading a rom but it fails.

Any suggestions on how to get a rom onto the phone without booting it? I dont have a micro usb to sd card or i would have done that already =/

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
You need adb on the pc, connect, then in terminal or cmd
Code:
adb push ROM.zip /sdcard

Copying the zip to the folder with adb makes it easier and the above command correct, (of course replace ROM.zip with the actual name).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ang1dust

Oct 1, 2009
Code:
adb push ROM.zip /sdcard

Copying the zip to the folder with adb makes it easier and the above command correct, (of course replace ROM.zip with the actual name).

via sideload or no?

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
No. Sideload could work, I don't remember the command off hand.
Adb push copies it to the internal memory then you flash through the menu normal.

ang1dust

Oct 1, 2009
Code:
adb push ROM.zip /sdcard

I gave you thanks.

That seems to work. For anyone that gets into this situation where there are no roms in your phone and you have no way to transfer them. Boot into TWRP, do not use sideload. Just main screen. Device manager will show to be just "g2" and you need the driver. In the driver folder from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48709232&postcount=869 driver section, update driver and browse to 64BitADB and choose androidandadb. It will then give you a list of options starting with Testing drivers, one that dates back to 2010 and another thats 2012. You want the one thats 2nd from the bottom called LG G2 verizon net adb or something like that. Works perfect and connects to adb.

If anyone truely needs this process i can break it down to specifics on how to get it to work. Thanks so much for your help fr4nk1yn! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    adb push ROM.zip /sdcard