<SOLVED>[Q] TA backup with firmware 14.3.A.0.683 (Sony Xperia Z1 C6903)

Search This thread

kentexcitebot

Mar 30, 2014
Moorpark
Hi,

I'm trying to backup the TA on my Xperia Z1 (C6903) running the stock KitKat firmware (14.3.A.0.681). From what I understand though, you need root to backup the partition, but to get root, you need an unlocked boot loader. I've seen a few tools that roots without unlocking the boot loader, but I need to downgrade the firmware to at least Android 4.2.2. Downgrading requires an unlocked boot loader.

Are developers working on a root-and-unlock tool for 14.3.A.0.681? Is there already a tool out there?

Thanks in advanced. Sorry for my arrogance.

Last edited:

Ahki767

Sep 14, 2013
CAT
Hi,

I'm trying to backup the TA on my Xperia Z1 (C6903) running the stock KitKat firmware (14.3.A.0.681). From what I understand though, you need root to backup the partition, but to get root, you need an unlocked boot loader. I've seen a few tools that roots without unlocking the boot loader, but I need to downgrade the firmware to at least Android 4.2.2. Downgrading requires an unlocked boot loader.

Are developers working on a root-and-unlock tool for 14.3.A.0.681? Is there already a tool out there?

You do not need an unlocked bootloader to get root and or to downgrade. Although yes, you would have to downgrade to 4.2 to get root. Just use flashtool to downgrade and pick a software to root

Reactions: kentexcitebot

kentexcitebot

Mar 30, 2014
Moorpark
You do not need an unlocked bootloader to get root and or to downgrade. Although yes, you would have to downgrade to 4.2 to get root. Just use flashtool to downgrade and pick a software to root
Cool :)

Just a couple more questions. Any suggested 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 firmwares to flash (if you can, link them here)? To root 4.2.2, do I simply click on the unlock icon shown in link?

i.imgur.com/VUs5Ele.png

Last edited:

kentexcitebot

Mar 30, 2014
Moorpark
Just grab the ftf's for your device here and proceed to follow the guides
I've used vroot 1.7.3 english and everything installed fine. However, when I installed the Root Checker app from Google play it reads "Sorry, this device isn't properly rooted."

Here's what I did / planning, in order:

1) Downloaded C6903 14.3.A.0.681 Global 1277-2880_R5C
2) Downloaded 14.1.G.1.534 downgrade FTF [NUT]
3)Pasted the 2 FTFs in the Firmware Folder under Flashtool
4)Flashed 14.1.G.1.534 downgrade FTF [NUT] using Flashtool from Androxyde (latest version)
5)Installed vroot English (1.7.3)
6)Clicked on the Root button. Phones reboots twice
7)After phone first start I was greeted with an error message from "Kingsapp".
8)Installed Root Checker from Google Play
9a)"Not properly rooted" <-- I'm right here
9b)If "root successful", proceed to flash C6903 14.3.A.0.681 Global 1277-2880_R5C

I did some research and people are pointing everywhere, vroot, bin4ry's rooting method, 360 (can't install).
Did I lose my TA partition? My X-Reality goodies?
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Ahki767

Sep 14, 2013
CAT
I've used vroot 1.7.3 english and everything installed fine. However, when I installed the Root Checker app from Google play it reads "Sorry, this device isn't properly rooted."

I did some research and people are pointing everywhere, vroot, bin4ry's rooting method, 360 (can't install).
What am I doing wrong?

Okay so now you are still on .534 firmware right? Do you have usb debugging on?
And also try rooting with bin4ry if vroot doesn't work for you.
Don't worry, you won't lose x-reality unless you've unlocked your bootloader

Reactions: kentexcitebot

kentexcitebot

Mar 30, 2014
Moorpark
"Su upgrade failed. Missing root permission"
Yes, I'm on the .534 firmware. USB Debug turned on.
I'll try bin4ry's root now.
Once I'm through TA backup, I just need to flash 14.3.A.0.681 Global 1277-2880_R5C?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

What am I doing wrong?

"Su upgrade failed. Missing root permission"
    Yes, I'm on the .534 firmware. USB Debug turned on.
    I'll try bin4ry's root now.
    Once I'm through TA backup, I just need to flash 14.3.A.0.681 Global 1277-2880_R5C?

If you still can't get root, try using nuts z1-lockdualrecovery installer and after flash nuts .681