[Q] Bootloop. No recovery.

Search This thread

arhamiq

Jul 15, 2012
A friend owns this. Somehow the phone went into bootloop. Just shows the htc logo and then turns off and on, again shows the htc logo. Plus theres no recovery. When i tried going into the recovery a red error drawn up on a phone appeared, thus couldnt enter into recovery.
Phone is stock. Non rooted, nothing modified, tweaked. Bootloader locked.
[Picture attached just incase if its needed] uploadfromtaptalk1399007090040.jpg

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

DragonFatura

Mar 19, 2014
Trencin
Solution

OK. For this you gonna need to unlock Bootloader. Use this
HTML:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2133336
WARNING: It will Factory Reset his device!
Then download any recovery (CWM, TWRP or 4EXT), and flash it through fastboot.
There is the complete guide of how to do that:
HTML:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1525100

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
A friend owns this. Somehow the phone went into bootloop. Just shows the htc logo and then turns off and on, again shows the htc logo. Plus theres no recovery. When i tried going into the recovery a red error drawn up on a phone appeared, thus couldnt enter into recovery.
[Picture attached just incase if its needed]View attachment 2720850

I suspect the phone has been xtc clipped to remove s-on and sim unlock. In any case the exclamation mark is a stock recovery. If you run a ruu (ROM update utility) you will restore the phone to factory settings. Hboot does not need unlocked as you have s-off :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Reactions: arhamiq

arhamiq

Jul 15, 2012
I suspect the phone has been xtc clipped to remove s-on and sim unlock. In any case the exclamation mark is a stock recovery. If you run a ruu (ROM update utility) you will restore the phone to factory settings. Hboot does not need unlocked as you have s-off :)

Simply running the ruu will fix it? :)

arhamiq

Jul 15, 2012
Yup, should do. But make sure your download is compatible with your model of phone and region to reduce an likelihood of issues :)

I've never done flashing on a HTC device. Searched but couldn't find an appropriate one. Could you just tell me how this is gonna work or could you just guide me to an appropriate link? Thanks :)

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
I've never done flashing on a HTC device. Searched but couldn't find an appropriate one. Could you just tell me how this is gonna work or could you just guide me to an appropriate link? Thanks :)

Its quite simple :) tell me your region of the world/carrier the phone was on if you know it. We will locate the correct software version and you will download it. Plug phone into the PC In hboot mode and run the program. It will do its business and flash factory software. Reboot and done all going well :)

arhamiq

Jul 15, 2012
@heavy_metal_man I live in Pakistan but i guess as long as the ruu is not locked to an operator, its gonna work right?
Plus i found this. Indian one. This is Gingerbread right and not ics? Or any other reccommendation? :)
thanks man.

Attachments

• tmp_Screenshot_2014-05-02-18-43-24-910219493.png
    tmp_Screenshot_2014-05-02-18-43-24-910219493.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
@heavy_metal_man I live in Pakistan but i guess as long as the ruu is not locked to an operator, its gonna work right?
Plus i found this. Indian one. This is Gingerbread right and not ics? Or any other reccommendation? :)
thanks man.

http://www.shipped-roms.com/downlo...AU_3805.06.02.03_M_release_199605_signed.exe I would use this one, the source is trusted :) yeah it will work allowing the phone is not sim locked and this ROM is ICS based HTC sense.

arhamiq

Jul 15, 2012
http://www.shipped-roms.com/downlo...AU_3805.06.02.03_M_release_199605_signed.exe I would use this one, the source is trusted :) yeah it will work allowing the phone is not sim locked and this ROM is ICS based HTC sense.

Downloading..
I should just put the phone on hboot mode and connect it to the pc and run the ruu? (Ofcoue after installing the HTC drivers)
Thanks bro :)
Sent from my GT-I8160 using XDA Free mobile app

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Downloading..
I should just put the phone on hboot mode and connect it to the pc and run the ruu? (Ofcoue after installing the HTC drivers)

Yeah man that's all. If it fails then we can extract the file required and give it to hboot manually, but we shouldn't have to all going well :)

arhamiq

Jul 15, 2012
Yeah man that's all. If it fails then we can extract the file required and give it to hboot manually, but we shouldn't have to all going well :)

Bro. Im getting an error 170 usb connection error :( eventhough ive installed the drivers and everything. I've heard there's something i can change from this ruu to flash it or what?
Please help me? :((

arhamiq

Jul 15, 2012
Ok i did it successfully. Thanks bro :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Picture attached just incase if its needed]View attachment 2720850

Its quite simple :) tell me your region of the world/carrier the phone was on if you know it. We will locate the correct software version and you will download it. Plug phone into the PC In hboot mode and run the program. It will do its business and flash factory software. Reboot and done all going well :)

thanks man.

Downloading..