[Q] Microphone gain

Search This thread

mcall_r

Mar 13, 2008
Glasgow
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Is there any way to change the microphone gain for recording videos? For example, I find the gain is way too high for recording concerts, all I get is hissing distorted audio. I was an an Aerosmith concert the other day and the audio quality is that bad that all you can hear is noise, no music at all.

I have rooted my phone and have xposed framework installed but I didnt see any apps or anything on there for this to happen.

I used to have a Motorola Atrix a few years ago and it had a recording option for concerts, which lowered the gain and made it excellent quality for videos.

Any ideas would be helpful, cheers!

schwags

Mar 17, 2006
Chicago
Any news about it?
The sound recording in louder Areas is very very bad.

I agree, I recorded some video at a concert last weekend and it's all broken up and distorted. Such a shame since the video quality is so great. I would think firmware/software could fix this. I don't want to have to buy the external mic just to get a quality recording.

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Is there any way to change the microphone gain for recording videos? For example, I find the gain is way too high for recording concerts, all I get is hissing distorted audio. I was an an Aerosmith concert the other day and the audio quality is that bad that all you can hear is noise, no music at all.

The answer would seem to be an external STM10 mic.

Funnily enough, at an Aerosmith concert too:

http://youtu.be/2cQ9XLtJgaM

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk