[Help] Bricked weird model phone, stuck on Fastboot

Search This thread

Chroma16

Jun 17, 2014
Hi everyone, i want to rescue this phone (in the picture) here is the information i have about it

Model: C8660CA, also known as PCD C8660, Enspire C8660, and ADR21 (adr21ca a variant for other contry)
CPU: 800MHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon
Fastboot device ID: MSM7627A
ram: 170 MB ?
storage: about 256 MB

The problem:
my phone only boots in fastboot mode, showing the operator logo, i cant get to recovery or other modes. i have tried to flash custom recovery images (for similar phones based on the fastboot id) , also i can't find an original or custom rom for this phone, manufacturer or carrier support.
what can i do?
(circle in pic is the operator logo)
10470937_10152138257200382_5580647542495327971_n.jpg

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
The problem:
my phone only boots in fastboot mode, showing the operator logo, i cant get to recovery or other modes. i have tried to flash custom recovery images (for similar phones based on the fastboot id) , also i can't find an original or custom rom for this phone, manufacturer or carrier support.
what can i do?

I would recommend looking if you can find factory images for the other branded devices that your model is under and then try flashing those. Additionally, you can try to keep looking for custom recovery images for the alternate brands for your devices and then flash a custom ROM from there. While it's usually not recommended to flash anything not specifically for your device, what was the result of the other custom recoveries you flashed? Did fastboot generate an error when attempting to flash them, did you flash them successfully and they wouldn't boot when you tried to enter recovery?

Reactions: Chroma16

Chroma16

Jun 17, 2014
I would recommend looking if you can find factory images for the other branded devices that your model is under and then try flashing those. Additionally, you can try to keep looking for custom recovery images for the alternate brands for your devices and then flash a custom ROM from there. While it's usually not recommended to flash anything not specifically for your device, what was the result of the other custom recoveries you flashed? Did fastboot generate an error when attempting to flash them, did you flash them successfully and they wouldn't boot when you tried to enter recovery?

well I didn't find any factory or custom images for the phone, also when i flashed the custom recovery images fastboot reported that the files where flashed successfully but i cant boot into the recovery, i only can get to fastboot and that's the only key combination that appears to work. the devise only have power and volume physical buttons, home, back, search and menu are capacitive

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
well I didn't find any factory or custom images for the phone, also when i flashed the custom recovery images fastboot reported that the files where flashed successfully but i cant boot into the recovery, i only can get to fastboot and that's the only key combination that appears to work. the devise only have power and volume physical buttons, home, back, search and menu are capacitive

You could try asking around if someone that owns your device or similar re-branded device would be willing to dump the partitions (boot, system, recovery, modem, etc.), that way you could re-flash those partitions manually through fastboot and restore your device. Another option would be to contact the manufacture and see if there is a chance they will provide a factory image for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The problem:
    what can i do?