[Q] how to improve HTC DHD step by step

Search This thread

Malismalis

Oct 18, 2010
Hello!

I now have a DHD with original sense ROM, i want to root it and flash a faster kernel without changing original ROM. What should i do, and what kernel are you suggesting?

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
You need visionary app to root it. Then get either radio s-off or hboot s-off. There are excellent guides in the development section. I'd post links but I'm mobile right now and its a pita.

Best kernel for sense roms is the buzz kernel, I prefer version 1.06 as the later releases are based on the Cyanogenmod kernel source which isn't as good with the sense roms.

Sent from my Gingerbread eating Desire HD.

Reactions: Malismalis

Malismalis

Oct 18, 2010
You need visionary app to root it. Then get either radio s-off or hboot s-off. There are excellent guides in the development section. I'd post links but I'm mobile right now and its a pita.

Best kernel for sense roms is the buzz kernel, I prefer version 1.06 as the later releases are based on the Cyanogenmod kernel source which isn't as good with the sense roms.

Can you please post links of rootguide and flashing kernel?
do i have to install recovery flasher to flash a kernel?
is it better that i use kernel update utility?

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Ok back at my laptop so:

If you want radio s-off go here.

If you want hboot s-off go here.

Radio s-off will allow you to install a custom recovery and flash a custom kernel.

Hboot s-off will allow you to use the kernel update utility or flash from fastboot a new kernel.

Reactions: Malismalis

eozen81

Oct 4, 2010
Istanbul
@dr.m0x, I am on stock ROM (1.32.405.6) right now and stock kernel (2.6.32.21) and

- I have perm root
- I have done S-Off (with One click Radio tool)
- I am on stock ROM 1.32.405.6 (I have not installed any custom roms)
- I have backed up my stock ROm via Clockwork Recovery (just in case)

If I flash a custom kernel (with jkoljo's Kernel Update Utility or with anything else) and want to back to my original Kernel can I use my back up ROM and install it via Clockwork Recovery?

Or Is there another easy way

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok back at my laptop so:

If you want radio s-off go here.

If you want hboot s-off go here.

Radio s-off will allow you to install a custom recovery and flash a custom kernel.

Hboot s-off will allow you to use the kernel update utility or flash from fastboot a new kernel.